Birmingham City are expected to sack Wayne Rooney today, after Monday's 3-0 defeat at Leeds United, Sky Sports News can confirm.

[www.skysports.com]
Wayne Rooney has lost nine of his 15 matches in charge of Birmingham City since succeeding John Eustace in October

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
mad
11:17, Tue 2 Jan
Was desperate for things to work out because I didn't want a black mark against these owners so soon into their regime.

Lets not forget the improvements to the club off the field and the noises they're making too hopefully the egg on face that this has brought can be quickly forgotten

Have to believe we'll all come through this massive reality check stronger for it with just a slight dent to the ego which itself might not be a bad thing long term

Baby steps and all that
11:18, Tue 2 Jan
Llanon_joe
Buddy Mercer
Not sure about O'Shea, but maybe Cole could be groomed to become Head Coach under an experienced manager, e.g. Mowbray

We'll see I suppose

If that's to happen with cole (which I doubt) he needs to 100% commit to the club! None of this going away with the England u21 during international breaks. Them periods are crucial for us at the moment.

Yep - I said that as they were appointed and was crucified, but it's just madness 2 have our first team coaches job sharing
mad
We will, and the owners will have learnt a fair bit from this too, better to have that learning now than later

Up the fcking blues
Petebaldwin
Rasputin
Bluesince62
O'Shea and Cole staying on for now then.

Hopefully not for long as they were part of the problem imo.

We don’t know that to be fair. Maybe the players have spoken to Cook and said the coaches have been excellent but Rooney doesn’t have a clue?

You can count on one hand the amount of new managers who would work with incumbent coaches

They all bring their own team in
Fat Buddha CBE
They’ve got someone lined up. Guaranteed

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if not.
Up the feckin Blues
11:20, Tue 2 Jan
mad
Genuinely sad it didn’t work out, but it really had to happen.
Bluesince62
Fat Buddha CBE
They’ve got someone lined up. Guaranteed

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if not.
I’d be amazed. This lot ain’t BSHL
Tony Fantastico
11:21, Tue 2 Jan
Exactly... get shot of the lot, ridiculous appointments from top to bottom. Dry January lasted a long time, I'll be raising a glass to the new beginnings later. KRO
11:23, Tue 2 Jan
I’m happy they have atleast not waited around, timing is right, yesterday was the final nail in the coffin.
Got two weeks now pretty much, a window to get a few fresh faces in.
Do the due diligence and get the right man in Blues 👍
Petebaldwin
Rasputin
Bluesince62
O'Shea and Cole staying on for now then.

Hopefully not for long as they were part of the problem imo.

We don’t know that to be fair. Maybe the players have spoken to Cook and said the coaches have been excellent but Rooney doesn’t have a clue?

You can count on one hand the amount of new managers who would work with incumbent coaches

They all bring their own team in

The word REQUIRED tells you all you need to know. Dead men walking.
Birmingham City have sacked manager Wayne Rooney after a run of nine defeats in 15 matches

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
11:26, Tue 2 Jan
Yeah I’m sure they will want their own team - just saying we don’t know Cole and O’Shea are shit at their jobs just because Rooney was.