Thanks for all the memories Wayne. Those 30 minutes against Ipswich will live long in the memory.
I wasn't looking
But somehow you found me
Blues on TalkSport.
Reap the Whirlwind
Thanks for all the memories Wayne. Those 30 minutes against Ipswich will live long in the memory.
Cardiff was the bright spot tbf.And JJ progression
Tony Fantastico
Unhappy episode all round. Mercifully short. Fans took against him before he arrived, he clearly, and rightly, has come to despise the fans.

It’s all left me feeling a bit sad. New chap has a big job on his hands.
11:50, Tue 2 Jan
Iain_Gavin
Waggeh
Rab C Nesbitt
Waggeh
TrickyBlue
[x.com]

Can't argue with anything Rooney has said but results also couldn't continue the way they were.

It all comes back to the awful timing of when he was appointed.
Now he’s gone he can eff off and learn to take the blame

That's true too. His inability to take any responsibility has been his biggest downfall.

Anyway he's gone now. So I won't be thinking about him anymore.

I'd say his biggest downfall was his sheer lack of ability to do the job, but I get your point.

Unlikeable characters like Rooney and Cotterill naturally get less goodwill than nice fellas like Zola

I agree it’s his performance that counts. Don’t get the personal dislike stuff though. He’s ok, nothing like the total human fannyness that is/was Cotterill. I don’t think you should try and justify some of the absolute crap that was directed at him.

Otherwise agree with Waggeh. No point in dwelling on it now, other than the whole episode shows Blues fans are in some respects no different from fans of other clubs whatever myth we like to believe about ourselves.
11:53, Tue 2 Jan
There is plenty to dislike Rooney for as a person.

And if Cotterill is fair game for abuse, then it's a bit rum to complain that other managers get grief.
The cold never bothered me anyway
12:14, Tue 2 Jan
He’s nothing like Cotterill. ‘Fair game’ hey. People rightly say that Rooney didn’t accept personal responsibility but somehow aren’t capable of that introspection about their own pathetic behaviour.

Still, at least you agree it’s personal, though for why I still find a bit perplexing. I mean, he can’t help being born where we was.
12:20, Tue 2 Jan
Who mentioned where he is from?

It's his actions in his personal life and his personality I don't like. No different to the dislike Cotterill gets frankly.
12:26, Tue 2 Jan
Plenty did.

Bit of handbag clutching there about his personal
life. I’d say in terms of personality - ie how they are as human beings, Cotterill (when he was was with us) was thin skinned, abrasive, aggressive, short tempered and insulting. Rooney wasn’t. Both couldn’t do the job but it appears that pre formed opinions played a big part in how a lot of fans viewed him from the beginning, including you. I just don’t see it. Criticising him for his lack of competence but the personal stuff was shite.
12:32, Tue 2 Jan
Well it is all about opinions.

And if you're OK to slag Cotterill off for his personality and demeanor, it's hypocritical to clutch pearls when others do it to Rooney.

Both are now thankfully gone from our club.
12:47, Tue 2 Jan
Probably can’t afford to pay them off right now with FFP. Might be on very light duties let’s say.
There's a fundamental truth in football that will never, ever change: everything is dictated by results. For all the welcome and impressive work Knighthead have done in transforming Blues since the takeover in July, the bottom line is what happens on the pitch. It doesn't matter if you have one of t

[keeprighton1875.wordpress.com]
Excellent summary for posterity of the current situation.
19:45, Tue 2 Jan
Rasputin
Well it is all about opinions.

And if you're OK to slag Cotterill off for his personality and demeanor, it's hypocritical to clutch pearls when others do it to Rooney.

Both are now thankfully gone from our club.

It’s about how they were in the job. I didn’t actually know what Cotterill was like previously - it turned out as I described him. Rooney was none of those things in this job. I don’t see how he was like that before, either. So it’s not ‘Pearl clutching’ it’s just basic observation. It’s not even opinion.

Neither was any good as manager, but Cotterill was obnoxious with it. Why you or anyone was so personally hostile, and in some cases personally abusive to Rooney somewhat escapes me. It’s ok though. You’re in Rags’ club of far sighted fans with only the best interests of the club at heart.

I’ve just said let’s hope the new manager gets off to a good start and if they don’t they’re given a bit of a chance.