11:28, Tue 2 Jan
Bshl aren’t alone in doing it

Most clubs do it
11:31, Tue 2 Jan
At least Cook has done the right thing at the right time. The support can come togetherf now and support the new manager and get behind the players.

Unless the new manager loses
11:31, Tue 2 Jan
Mr Wagner, I applaud you Sir - that's leadership!
11:34, Tue 2 Jan
TrickyBlue
[x.com]

Can't argue with anything Rooney has said but results also couldn't continue the way they were.

It all comes back to the awful timing of when he was appointed.
11:37, Tue 2 Jan
My Blue Heaven
Bshl aren’t alone in doing it

Most clubs do it
I meant BSHL probably didn’t do it
Tony Fantastico
11:38, Tue 2 Jan
Waggeh
TrickyBlue
[x.com]

Can't argue with anything Rooney has said but results also couldn't continue the way they were.

Now he’s gone he can eff off and learn to take the blame
Tony Fantastico
11:40, Tue 2 Jan
Blueshark
Mr Wagner, I applaud you Sir - that's leadership!

I get that we are not exactly a top tier team, but we are still big enough to demand 100% commitment.
11:41, Tue 2 Jan
He was quite happy to replace someone sacked before they'd been given a decent chance with this squad, so he can't really complain when it happens to him.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:42, Tue 2 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Waggeh
TrickyBlue
[x.com]

That's true too. His inability to take any responsibility has been his biggest downfall.

Anyway he's gone now. So I won't be thinking about him anymore.
11:43, Tue 2 Jan
Waggeh
Rab C Nesbitt
Waggeh
TrickyBlue
[x.com]

That's true too. His inability to take any responsibility has been his biggest downfall.

I'd say his biggest downfall was his sheer lack of ability to do the job, but I get your point.

Unlikeable characters like Rooney and Cotterill naturally get less goodwill than nice fellas like Zola
11:43, Tue 2 Jan
Reading between the lines - he hates us fans, don't he? 😁
Up the feckin Blues
11:45, Tue 2 Jan
Iain_Gavin
Waggeh
Rab C Nesbitt
Waggeh
TrickyBlue
[x.com]

I'd say his biggest downfall was his sheer lack of ability to do the job, but I get your point.

Unlikeable characters like Rooney and Cotterill naturally get less goodwill than nice fellas like Zola

All reports are that Rooney is actually a likeable chap - nowhere near worthy of being mentioned alongside Cotterill. He may even have a point that he wasn't given time to change what needed changing, but he was bang on in saying it's a results business.

Anyway - like Waggeh says, I won't think about him again now. Forward.
Up the feckin Blues
Rab C Nesbitt
One bonus is no one has left the club, who a new gaffer might want. Long in particular springs to mind

This all day, Rab. I didn't want Rooney having any say over ins and outs as I felt his sacking was inevitable. I'm glad Knighthead have moved early rather than late. But when the away support turns, you can't really keep your job.
i think the pressure turned him unlikeable with some of his presser comments, not experienced enough to handle the job

very different to cotterill whos just an arsehole

hope Wayne does well in his next role