16:25, Tue 2 Jan
Yes, a mistake was made and rectified in a timely and ruthless manner. It was a gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense — loads of us bought into it but unfortunately it didn’t work out. That’s football.

It’s done now, so give it a rest with the vitriol directed at Knighthead and, in particular, Cook. People calling for the latter’s head? You’re embarrassing.

Look at what they’ve done off the pitch in a short space of time. Look at the players they’ve brought in despite the shackles left behind by the Chinese.

Cook is probably the most qualified man to ever work for Blues, and he’s one of us ffs. Knighthead is filled with incredible businesspeople who have real experience turning around distressed outfits. These are serious people who will ultimately lead us to the fulfillment of our potential.

Back them or shut up.
16:25, Tue 2 Jan
100% - Gotta get this appointment right though.
16:29, Tue 2 Jan
Cook is probably the most qualified man to ever work for Blues,

Yet still....

Also, nobody with half a brain thought Rooney would be successful. Nobody. And those who blustered the loudest are now pretending they knew all along it would never work, which is probably the wisest course of action TBH
yeehaw
Yes, a mistake was made and rectified in a timely and ruthless manner. It was a gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense — loads of us bought into it but unfortunately it didn’t work out. That’s football.

It’s done now, so give it a rest with the vitriol directed at Knighthead and, in particular, Cook. People calling for the latter’s head? You’re embarrassing.

Look at what they’ve done off the pitch in a short space of time. Look at the players they’ve brought in despite the shackles left behind by the Chinese.

Cook is probably the most qualified man to ever work for Blues, and he’s one of us ffs. Knighthead is filled with incredible businesspeople who have real experience turning around distressed outfits. These are serious people who will ultimately lead us to the fulfillment of our potential.

Back them or shut up.
This 100%
yeehaw

Back them or shut up.

Was just about to post something similar, but I could not agree with you more.
A mistake has been made, its been corrected and I suspect the next appointment will be a much better decision 👍
16:33, Tue 2 Jan
Although there's some things I don't desperately like about Cook, anyone who hasn't been essentially backing the owners from the moment they came in and every second since must be barmy.
shd
16:34, Tue 2 Jan
yeehaw

Back them or shut up.

Completely agree 👍👍👍
16:36, Tue 2 Jan
That time was in early July for me
Tony Fantastico
16:36, Tue 2 Jan
bluefrank
Although there's some things I don't desperately like about Cook, anyone who hasn't been essentially backing the owners from the moment they came in and every second since must be barmy.
👍
Tony Fantastico
16:42, Tue 2 Jan
Too right but they’ve got to get this next appointment spot on in my opinion.
16:53, Tue 2 Jan
yeehaw

Back them or shut up.

I still back the owners but it wasn't a "gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense" at all, we had statistical evidence than Rooney wasn't good at winning games. More didn't buy into it than did. Cook imo deserves criticism as there was obviously more than logic involved in the decision. Whether it be a longterm ambition to work with WR, admiration, whatever, it was a plainly terrible call.

Blues fans are gonna be critical of the fella that picked one of our worst ever managers whether you want them to shut up or not, sorry.

I also don't care that Cook is a blues fan, it means nothing to me. He's done a great job so far with the ground, on the commercials, infrastructure, everything else, but the men's first team football is ultimately the most important thing... and he'll have to make the next appointment the right one to win back some credit on that side of things.
16:59, Tue 2 Jan
yeehaw

Back them or shut up.

No one was aiming any "vitriol" at Knighthead. And "loads of us" questioned the logic of Cook's appointment of Rooney in the first place, only to be met with a torrent of abuse from all the Roonistas, of which you are, or were one I believe. Knighthead still have my full support. Cook on the other hand, has effed up royally, especially from a man banging on about only making world class appointments, so IMHO now has to prove himself once more.

I'll continue to support the Blues whoever is in charge, and I will continue to voice my opinion, thanks very much.
17:01, Tue 2 Jan
yeehaw

Back them or shut up.

100% agree, you can’t transform something without significant change, and that always carries risk. It’s a good sign that Wagner/Cok are bold enough to try something different and brave enough to stop, assess & pivot when needed.

Hopefully something by less risky next though (like Mowbray), who has a proven track record of improving how teams play.
17:04, Tue 2 Jan
"loads of us bought into it "
Eh?
17:06, Tue 2 Jan
👍👍👍👍👍