19:21, Tue 2 Jan
yeehaw
It was a gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense

Wow 😮

Astonishing statement.
19:27, Tue 2 Jan
I suppose doubling down is an option.

Me, I'd admit I knew eff all about football and have a bit of humility.

SHA - where stating the most logical outcome based on all known information and a decent amount of past performance is called negativity and crossing your fingers and hoping for the best is called being a "real supporter".
19:36, Tue 2 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Rags
Fully behind the team on match days yeah. Wanting to enjoy us winning yeah. Not holding back celebrating us winning when it bastard happened. Not abusing players, manager or club officials, yeah.i support the team and manager.
But said on here after the Hull game his words about listening to the players were worrying. Mad ain’t I 😉

To be fair Rab, you did say, quite a few times, that most of the posters on here wanted Blues to lose matches just so they could be proven right
‘Most of the posters on here’
Nah. Didn’t say that

What you said was that some people did, which was actually true. Still, it’s easy to make things up, like if you ever saw anything positive in any performance you’re a ‘groupie’. Dearie me.

We’re being asked to believe I think that those people who abused Rooney in the first home game are the heroes of the piece. I find that pretty abhorrent. They probably think it’s alright giving it to his kid on Twitter. The ironic thing is that the you said what a lot of fans probably thought - that Eustace wasn’t likely the long term answer, but you would be ok with him continuing at that point (but wasn’t that bothered if he didn’t) - and that you weren’t ’starry eyed’ or even wanted Rooney but you’d support him if he came; like you would Eustace if he stayed. What ‘groupies’ we are compared to those folks who truly have the good of the club at heart.

Let’s hope whoever it is that comes in they get off to a good start,
19:38, Tue 2 Jan
Onel Hernandez
I suppose doubling down is an option.

Me, I'd admit I knew eff all about football and have a bit of humility.

SHA - where stating the most logical outcome based on all known information and a decent amount of past performance is called negativity and crossing your fingers and hoping for the best is called being a "real supporter".

I remember a fair few coming after me when I dared to say Liam Rosenior was mostly responsible for the relative success WR had at Derby, and tbh it’s no more than most pundits and people in and around the game have said, both before, during and after WRs tenure at blues.

I had major reservations and doubts, And of course how did that play out here, and how is Liam Rosenior doing at Hull.
Stories of WR not taking training and all that stuff, well I have zero proof of that but it’s been said that was the case, the lack of tactical nouse and man management is pretty evident in the games and whole time he was at blues.

It isn’t really about being in the right, I’ve hated us being shit since JE left, I myself wanted him replaced but with a qualified and able candidate, an upgrade if you will, that didn’t mean I didn’t welcome WR or was desperate for him to fail, but I also looked at his record, experience, what those in & around the game thought of the move and of course my gut feeling that it was a mistake.

There’s just so much anger, vitriol and bi-polar behaviour on this board, football is about opinions always has been & always wills be, and we all get them right and wrong from time to time, that doesn’t mean you can attack someone for having one different to yourself.
19:42, Tue 2 Jan
Bobharford
"loads of us bought into it "
Eh?
Loads didn’t though, and some are looking a bit silly now.
19:42, Tue 2 Jan
newblue
They probably think it’s alright giving it to his kid on Twitter./quote]

If, and I repeat If anyone gave out to Rooney's kid they should be ashamed of themselves.
19:44, Tue 2 Jan
Spot on
19:45, Tue 2 Jan
Plenty have, it’s shameful.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:01, Tue 2 Jan
yeehaw
Yes, a mistake was made and rectified in a timely and ruthless manner. It was a gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense — loads of us bought into it but unfortunately it didn’t work out. That’s football.

It’s done now, so give it a rest with the vitriol directed at Knighthead and, in particular, Cook. People calling for the latter’s head? You’re embarrassing.

Look at what they’ve done off the pitch in a short space of time. Look at the players they’ve brought in despite the shackles left behind by the Chinese.

Cook is probably the most qualified man to ever work for Blues, and he’s one of us ffs. Knighthead is filled with incredible businesspeople who have real experience turning around distressed outfits. These are serious people who will ultimately lead us to the fulfillment of our potential.

Back them or shut up.

Have no issues with the owners, but Cook reslly sh** the bed with appointment, so no he does not get a blind pass for it.

Looking at his football track record he hasn’t exactly got the best one around has he. Sure good with Nike and Motorola or whatever, but football no IIRC City won nothing in his reign, he should be along the lines of CFO and nothing to do with day to day football.

I would forgive someone for making a bad managerial appointment as it’s a lottery sometimes, but sacking someone who got you 6th was what did it for me especially out of a transfer window.
21:06, Tue 2 Jan
Yeah, that pesky’e’.
Apologies if it’s caused any offence.
I was and am talking about Garry Cock, SORRY Cook
22:07, Tue 2 Jan
Yes, a mistake was made and rectified in a timely and ruthless manner. It was a gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense — loads of us bought into it but unfortunately it didn’t work out. That’s football.

It’s done now, so give it a rest with the vitriol directed at Knighthead and, in particular, Cook. People calling for the latter’s head? You’re embarrassing.

Look at what they’ve done off the pitch in a short space of time. Look at the players they’ve brought in despite the shackles left behind by the Chinese.

Cook is probably the most qualified man to ever work for Blues, and he’s one of us ffs. Knighthead is filled with incredible businesspeople who have real experience turning around distressed outfits. These are serious people who will ultimately lead us to the fulfillment of our potential.

Back them or shut up.

Getting a bit carried away with your own importance there fella, people gotta have their say.
07:08, Wed 3 Jan
Miguelagenn

Back them or shut up.

Getting a bit carried away with your own importance there fella, people gotta have their say.

Agree. Back Wagner and Knighthead for sure . The improvements to the ground are due to the 'Transition Team' put in place by Wagner ie Peters Smith Dale (who brokered with Wagner) and Clarke together with some long suffering staff eg Dutton Daish Poulson etc - Cook has much to prove to many lets wait before we judge.
07:22, Wed 3 Jan
Installed the kop seats which aren't fit for the purpose.

Put in the new floodlights that fail to illuminate the pitch fully.

Closed the gmu because of the broken lift and he can't figure out how to get beer and crisps up 3 flights of stairs.

Lies about being a blues fan since 1972 (has anyone ever seen him at a blues game in the last 50 years)?

Cheshire based, DVB Cook is the bestest CEO in world football.
08:00, Wed 3 Jan
foghorn leghorn

Closed the gmu because of the broken lift and he can't figure out how to get beer and crisps up 3 flights of stairs.

Lies about being a blues fan since 1972 (has anyone ever seen him at a blues game in the last 50 years)?

Deary me
08:03, Wed 3 Jan
foghorn leghorn

I really don’t think he installed the seats.
And 3 flights of stairs to the GMU? 😂
Lying to justify your dislike of someone is a bit daft
Tony Fantastico