17:06, Tue 2 Jan
yeehaw
Yes, a mistake was made and rectified in a timely and ruthless manner. It was a gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense — loads of us bought into it but unfortunately it didn’t work out. That’s football.

It’s done now, so give it a rest with the vitriol directed at Knighthead and, in particular, Cook. People calling for the latter’s head? You’re embarrassing.

Look at what they’ve done off the pitch in a short space of time. Look at the players they’ve brought in despite the shackles left behind by the Chinese.

Cook is probably the most qualified man to ever work for Blues, and he’s one of us ffs. Knighthead is filled with incredible businesspeople who have real experience turning around distressed outfits. These are serious people who will ultimately lead us to the fulfillment of our potential.

Back them or shut up.

This!
montypenguin
yeehaw
Yes, a mistake was made and rectified in a timely and ruthless manner. It was a gamble that on paper made quite a lot of sense — loads of us bought into it but unfortunately it didn’t work out. That’s football.

It’s done now, so give it a rest with the vitriol directed at Knighthead and, in particular, Cook. People calling for the latter’s head? You’re embarrassing.

Look at what they’ve done off the pitch in a short space of time. Look at the players they’ve brought in despite the shackles left behind by the Chinese.

Cook is probably the most qualified man to ever work for Blues, and he’s one of us ffs. Knighthead is filled with incredible businesspeople who have real experience turning around distressed outfits. These are serious people who will ultimately lead us to the fulfillment of our potential.

Back them or shut up.

No one was aiming any "vitriol" at Knighthead. And "loads of us" questioned the logic of Cook's appointment of Rooney in the first place, only to be met with a torrent of abuse from all the Roonistas, of which you are, or were one I believe. Knighthead still have my full support. Cook on the other hand, has effed up royally, especially from a man banging on about only making world class appointments, so IMHO now has to prove himself once more.

I'll continue to support the Blues whoever is in charge, and I will continue to voice my opinion, thanks very much.

Agree
What if Cook makes another managerial Balls up, do we support him blindly again?
Lets see how this thread turns when Lampard is announced for example

I will Support Blues regardless
I will support Cook's off field work
I will support Cook's On field related work if\when he produces..For me the jury is out on this one until proven wrong
Ian Danter said on talk sport that he was under the impression that Cook wanted Rooney to see out the season, regardless of our finishing position, and it was Knighthead that forced him to pull the trigger.
Cook is allowed a mistake with the off-the-field success he's had.

But he has to learn from it. A Cooper/Hasenhuttl would be a huge, huge statement and would immediately unite the fans, that's got to be what he's going for.

He just has to not balls the next one up horrifically - because if he does that, then there's serious issues.
17:45, Tue 2 Jan
bluer than blues
Ian Danter said on talk sport that he was under the impression that Cook wanted Rooney to see out the season, regardless of our finishing position, and it was Knighthead that forced him to pull the trigger.

That's true, Simon Jordan was ripping him a new for it and rightly so. The fact that they are interviewing this time hopefully means the "boys club" selection process is out the window
I'd just really like "on the rise" to have substance and credibility. It's all I want. Not marketing bs, not big names, just steady, incremental improvement. It would be nice for us all to have something to back, to coalesce around and be part of. So come on Blues owners and managers, players and staff, give us, supporters and customers something to get behind, build and be proud of. You nearly did it. Get it right this time. Please.
I agree with the sentiment (with the exception of Rooney making sense on paper) but can we refrain from telling other fans to shut up just because we don't like their opinions? This is a message board for debate, is it not? I don't think it's helpful, personally.
17:46, Tue 2 Jan
Very plausible. The fans forced Tom’s hand
Tam
17:49, Tue 2 Jan
QBBC2

This had looked like a possibility, hadn't it? I did think that fans anger might be the trigger rather than just results. Of course, this could be utter cobblers, but it does makes sense. The toxicity would have been pretty intense if results had carried on. With the transfer window upon us, it was the right time for the decision really.
Make Blues Great Again
17:50, Tue 2 Jan

....yeah it was all those emails he received 🤦‍♂️😤
bluer than blues

And that is a serious worry. As if i wasn't nervous about Cook already
I'd love to know how hard Knighthead have come down on Cook regarding WR's appointment, if they have at all?
( should at least be on a first verbal warning :) )
17:57, Tue 2 Jan
The American owners have been excellent.
Appointing Cooke as CEO was a good business decision. He attracted investors and his way of dealing with the running of the club was great.
As CEO, Cooke brought a new manager in. The new manager got a big contract and brought some backroom staff with him..who also were going to cost big money.
The new manager had a dreadful track record.
That didn’t seem to matter.
The new manager carried on adding to his dreadful record as a FOOTBALL manager.
Cookes new manager got the sack.
The sacking cost the club an awful lot of money and wasted a good chunk of the season.
Personally I would not allow that CEO to ever make another football related decision.
I will back the owners.
Not the CEO
17:58, Tue 2 Jan

Back them or shut up.

The only sour taste this has left has nothing to do with Cook, or Knighthead, or even Rooney himself - it was the way that the Rooney Groupies, starry-eyed about the amount of "clicks" he could bring, creaming themselves about his status as a player and social media star, wanking themselves silly with impossible wet dreams of what he was DEFINITELY going to achieve turned on Blues fans who were quite sensibly, maturely and calmly questioning the appointment based on the lack of evidential facts.

Any questioning of the appointment was deliberately misinterpreted to be a questioning of Knighthead and abuse along the lines of "feck off down the Vile".

When Rooney turned on the players his Groupies turned on the players

When comparisons were made with Eustace we were accused of seeing Eustace as "the Messiah"

Even sensible points about Eustace perhaps not being the answer and seeing the need for a long term different appointment - but not Rooney - were shouted down

We thought you were our friends - but it seems that's only when it suits you and as soon as any famous floozy may flash her knickers at us then we aren't your mates any more

So next time you all decide to turn on your mates perhaps you should reflect on the past 13 weeks and realise that people don't often make points just for the sake of it --- sometimes they are actually pointing out something important.

18:00, Tue 2 Jan
It's Cook
18:00, Tue 2 Jan
Perfectly put. There’s a few made themselves look very very silly over the last 3 months, and a lot of those did the same in 2016

Third time lucky?