10:50, Sun 14 Jan
mad
mad
Charcy
A lot of people said we would fill it regularly and people would sing a long time before it was a real option for us. There was a clamour. There is even the option to stand with your mates at the moment.

Think those folks pre Covid were imagining an entire bank of terracing stretching up to the back of the stand. The top bits would then be full, the lower bits would only fill if the remainder of the ground was full
Well those people were barmy then.
Tony Fantastico
mad
10:50, Sun 14 Jan
That's if they even existed?
10:52, Sun 14 Jan
mad
Didn’t you just say they did?
Tony Fantastico
10:54, Sun 14 Jan
Only success will fill the ground. It will take time. I'm surprised we still manage to get 20k given how bad it's been for years now.

This, we've won two games since October 6th.

It's pretty chaotic down there, people don't know where they're sat and don't know anyone they're sat next to yet. I've had to move someone from my seat every time because they can't figure out where they're meant to be. I think it'll come. Getting similar attendance to Hull and Baggies who are in the playoff hunt and have been in the prem much more recently isn't bad at all.
mad
10:55, Sun 14 Jan
Imagine that. Just playing along with this idea that there was some sort of clamour

I think someone should do a statistical analysis comparing the Lower Tilton in the Garry Monk season to the lower Tilton since the terrace opened up to determine which is more full

Obvious caveats that more of the Gil Merrick is currently occupied by ST holders and the paddocks are generally fuller than they were back then
10:59, Sun 14 Jan
Spind0cta
Only success will fill the ground. It will take time. I'm surprised we still manage to get 20k given how bad it's been for years now.

It's pretty chaotic down there, people don't know where they're sat and don't know anyone they're sat next to yet. I've had to move someone from my seat every time because they can't figure out where they're meant to be. I think it'll come. Getting similar attendance to Hull and Baggies who are in the playoff hunt and have been in the prem much more recently isn't bad at all.
Tbf if you don’t know where you’re meant to be when seats have a number on and so do the end of each row, you have real issues
Tony Fantastico
11:01, Sun 14 Jan
Charcy
It doesn't need to be new people, it could have been existing ticket holders moving. Point is it's not really all that in reality. People like having a seat.

I mean the crowd in general. It's going to take some real improvement before we can get another 4k per match on a regular basis. The damage done over the past ten years particularly to a lost generation of kids has been disastrous.

At my son's school in King's Heath back from 2013 to 2018 there were hardly any Blues fans. It's going to take time to cultivate new fans and get the older ones back in the habit of going to games.
11:06, Sun 14 Jan
Parents failing their kids. Awful
Tony Fantastico
11:06, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
You won’t get many in there Tuesday and it’s cheap as fish and chips. Pricing isn’t the issue for the majority of our fans. They just don’t come

This is very true.

Since the seventies and a fair bit before that there weren’t many seasons where we averaged much more than we currently get, and certainly not when we’ve been in the fecking doldrums
11:07, Sun 14 Jan
The fans will come tbh. Come next season with a raft of exciting signings and further improvements to the ground I’d be amazed if we’re still having the same attendances as we are now.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:11, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Spind0cta

Tbf if you don’t know where you’re meant to be when seats have a number on and so do the end of each row, you have real issues

And the people having that problem are people that are there. Those that haven't moved there wouldn't have experienced the issue.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:15, Sun 14 Jan
Charcy
Rab C Nesbitt
Spind0cta

And the people having that problem are people that are there. Those that haven't moved there wouldn't have experienced the issue.
Unless they’re very stupid. So there’s a chance
Tony Fantastico
Fat Buddha CBE
Rab C Nesbitt
You won’t get many in there Tuesday and it’s cheap as fish and chips. Pricing isn’t the issue for the majority of our fans. They just don’t come

This is very true.

Since the seventies and a fair bit before that there weren’t many seasons where we averaged much more than we currently get, and certainly not when we’ve been in the fecking doldrums
We’ve nearly always been in the doldrums.
Tony Fantastico
11:20, Sun 14 Jan
Super Hans
The fans will come tbh. Come next season with a raft of exciting signings and further improvements to the ground I’d be amazed if we’re still having the same attendances as we are now.

You'd hope we could get 26-27 if we're competing in the top 6.
11:30, Sun 14 Jan

What was the Official gate yesterday?