mad
12:38, Sun 14 Jan
Remove all segregation and all the netting at front of stands etc and fill all the corporate boxes etc... it's still about 29,000
mad
12:40, Sun 14 Jan
Bluenose27
They probably don’t count but we had over 26k for the Villa matches when they were in the championship.

Still not great though that in 12 years since we were relegated, we’ve only ever got anywhere near full about half a dozen times

Being outside the prem and not going up or down the lower leagues for an extended period does that to a fanbase. Would be similar situation at Albion and Wolves had they not bobbed up and down to the extent they had plus their smaller capacities
12:41, Sun 14 Jan
I think the fans are there.
In the late 1980's we were really down. We averaged only 6-7,000 for a good few seasons.
And were only about 12,000 under Terry Cooper.
Ten years later we had a full ground regularly. It takes time to get fans back. The amazing thing is thenumbers that still go now.
mad
12:47, Sun 14 Jan
This. What's the highest we've finished in any league in recent memory? Ninth in the Prem under McLeish since then we've been perpetually in the bottom half of leagues and for half of those seasons battling relegation (Hughton's season the only exception)

Also our home record has gone to pieces even by Blues historic poor standards we've never had a decade/fifteen year spell like the one we've just had where we lost so many matches at home. The 0-8 to Bournemouth was one of about twenty absolutely low (the absolute pits!!!) points of which there are three or four almost every season

One amazing cup run of course but since then just one half decent cup run in 13 sodding seasons

Astonishing that anything like 21k still bother
12:57, Sun 14 Jan
mad
A couple of good games and hopefully we’ll see about 22/23 for the Boro match. I think we’ll start to build attendances up gradually as we further improve around the stadium and team.
Gazball?
13:09, Sun 14 Jan
mad
mad
My Blue Heaven
I can’t remember the last time we got 26/27, maybe under Mcleish in the prem?

I just don’t think we’ve got the fans anymore, the last decade has seemingly lost an awful lot of fans and potential fans.

27,608 (vs Fulham, 6 May 2018) and we averaged 22,500 the following season which was a bit of a meh one in the second division again too so the idea Blues couldn't ever get 26/27,000 again up near the top of this division let alone in the prem is barmy

Brighton is another good example. Gates down as low as 2,000 at the Goldstone, 6,500 at Withdean when that was capacity. 10/15 years or so of being well run and with a decent stadium (and team) and every game is officially sold out at 32,000.

It’s all possible with time, effort and investment. I know plenty of lapsed Blues fans who just don’t go any more but might do in the future.
13:31, Sun 14 Jan
coventrybluenose
..and at best it was only 50% of capacity yesterday!

I stood in the tilton for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I will defiantly did it again.

It is obvious that the very views of the game are higher up in the stands but when performances and results improve I'm sure the standing will fill out but its not going to happen overnight.

It is hard getting fans back in the ground after covid and broken stands but when the product is worth watching they will return.
14:13, Sun 14 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Only success will fill the ground. It will take time. I'm surprised we still manage to get 20k given how bad it's been for years now.

This. I know it was Mowbray’s first game but, all things considered, 19,000 home fans yesterday isn’t too bad.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
14:13, Sun 14 Jan
Our average attendance last season was 16,758. It is currently 20,070 this season and we've been pretty awful at times. That's a 20% increase.

All things considered that is a pretty good increase which will only get better the more things on the pitch improve. Things off the pitch have improved significantly but supporters / fans / followers will only come back in bigger numbers a) when we are buying better players, b) when we are actually entertaining them and c) when the results and league position improve.

Rome wasn't built in a day and 12 years of the crap we've all had to suffer are going to take more than a couple of months to be repaired for some.
14:26, Sun 14 Jan
Build and they will come. Just needs a bit of success.

Seems to be more in the lower Tilton each game. If they get the pricing right season tickets in there should sell out next season as long as we stay up.
14:43, Sun 14 Jan
Liam of Brum
I stood in the tilton for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I will defiantly did it again.

Love this!... 😁
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
14:48, Sun 14 Jan
B_C_F_C
Liam of Brum

Love this!... 😁

Thanks. I simply don't know why I write without my glasses on. I will learn one day!
It would be a bit unfair on ST holders this season but why dont they just make every game £25- pile em high and sell them cheap, Lidl style

Compensate current ST holders next season with a reduction
It wouldn’t be unfair to me
Tony Fantastico
16:13, Sun 14 Jan
I don't think it will make that much difference to the attendance.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023