11:32, Sun 14 Jan
Over 21k.
mad
11:37, Sun 14 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Super Hans
The fans will come tbh. Come next season with a raft of exciting signings and further improvements to the ground I’d be amazed if we’re still having the same attendances as we are now.

You'd hope we could get 26-27 if we're competing in the top 6.

Yep without having to do what Hull did the other night (half price tickets) either

There is a sweet spot at Blues - price/demand/potential which is very tricky but we do have the best people now at the club at exploring that
I think to be getting 21k at the moment given where Blues have been for 13 seasons is not to be sniffed at. Leeds and Leicester were 'slumming it' at around those gates in the not too distant past.
What's the big difference between this era and Lee Clark's 2 seasons when we were down around 13-14,000? Performances improved? Is it the economic situation in Brum? Is it the ownership? Is it a new generation encouraged by those seasons just prior to Covid? Prices?
11:40, Sun 14 Jan
Block27one
Only success will fill the ground. It will take time. I'm surprised we still manage to get 20k given how bad it's been for years now.

What was the Official gate yesterday?

11:41, Sun 14 Jan
Block27one
Only success will fill the ground. It will take time. I'm surprised we still manage to get 20k given how bad it's been for years now.

👍🏻
11:47, Sun 14 Jan
Block27one

Edit - replied before reading this page 🙈
Tony Fantastico
11:49, Sun 14 Jan
I can’t remember the last time we got 26/27, maybe under Mcleish in the prem?

I just don’t think we’ve got the fans anymore, the last decade has seemingly lost an awful lot of fans and potential fans.
11:52, Sun 14 Jan

This January will be tough for a lot of people. Not only is there the usual Xmas overspends to pay off but there are 6 weeks between most peoples' paydays in December and the one in January.
11:56, Sun 14 Jan
Rags

This January will be tough for a lot of people. Not only is there the usual Xmas overspends to pay off but there are 6 weeks between most peoples' paydays in December and the one in January.

Whilst true it's the same for all clubs. Relatively we get poor gates for the size of our city. The board have this in hand though. That's why I'm so optimistic about the next few years.
12:14, Sun 14 Jan
Block27one

Edit - replied before reading this page 🙈
👍🏻
12:24, Sun 14 Jan
Agreed, we’re still where we have been for a decade, bottom quarter of the championship, expecting high ticket sales and raucous atmospheres is unrealistic atm.

Once the results start to improve, the atmosphere and fans will follow.

Only other stadium I’ve been to this season is West Ham and their atmosphere is worse than ours despite their recent success and being top half prem.
mad
12:25, Sun 14 Jan
My Blue Heaven

I just don’t think we’ve got the fans anymore, the last decade has seemingly lost an awful lot of fans and potential fans.

27,608 (vs Fulham, 6 May 2018) and we averaged 22,500 the following season which was a bit of a meh one in the second division again too so the idea Blues couldn't ever get 26/27,000 again up near the top of this division let alone in the prem is barmy
12:25, Sun 14 Jan
Our fanbase has shrunk through years of being such a poorly run Club. It will take time to rebuild that fanbase.
mad
12:31, Sun 14 Jan
Madeira Blue
Our fanbase has shrunk through years of being such a poorly run Club. It will take time to rebuild that fanbase.

It happens continually though not just the last dozen seasons. There were fans who were turned away when we were first promoted to the prem in 2002 due to the mega price increases.

What Blues like all clubs have to do is generate new fans (and tempt back any who used to go as a kid and are now in their late 40's the kids all grown up)

I think this ownership group will do good things with the present and future south and east Birmingham community which is a vast untapped fanbase of course you've still got to keep the legacy fans happy.

A new shiny stadium, massive car park, rail links and blues would zoom past the likes of Leicester and Derby in terms of potential fanbase. Look what Cov are doing now compared to where they have been and to an extent Stoke ten years ago compared to where they were when their new ground first opened
12:34, Sun 14 Jan
My Blue Heaven

WBA in the FA cup.

I do not know the current capacity. It was about 28,000. But since then they've taken out seats by the dugouts and the lower kop and Tilton.
I'd be surprised if it is more than 27,000. 26,000 with the cordon up.
So to get 26,000 require the GMU open and everywhere full.
12:37, Sun 14 Jan
They probably don’t count but we had over 26k for the Villa matches when they were in the championship.

Still not great though that in 12 years since we were relegated, we’ve only ever got anywhere near full about half a dozen times