09:52, Mon 15 Jan
are heading for points deductions to day according to many of the papers.

if we get promoted we'll need all cooks experience at increasing revenue to be able to compete with any of the teams already there. being able to lose £100m over 3 seasons is really tough. £30m doesnt buy you much in this day and age
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
09:53, Mon 15 Jan
Everton again?
09:56, Mon 15 Jan
What do they get in TV and Merit payments these days, is it about £200 Million? I'm out of the loop

Tbf £230M ish should allow us to do a lot, especially when we take amortisation into it. But yeah, I'm confident they'll have some whopping commercial deals lined up when we get there.
Happy Clapper
09:57, Mon 15 Jan
Spike
Everton again?

Yeah, done for period ending 2021-2022, and now allegedly gonna get done for period ending 2022-2023
Happy Clapper
10:00, Mon 15 Jan
Shit.

If they got banged for 10 points last time, I dread to think what they will get for a second consecutive breach.

Whatever it is will surely relegate them this time?
10:05, Mon 15 Jan
Would think so now, they won’t survive this year with another 10 point deduction. I wonder if they will defer it to next season…
10:08, Mon 15 Jan
Part of me wants them to stay up cause I want Blues task for next season to be as easy as possible, if the current bottom 3 went down it would be better for us I think, though I suppose it's feasible Everton could come down and not do that great
Happy Clapper
Great game next season though. Apparently the majority of teams are struggling to stay within the financial regulations which maybe shows the bar has been set in the wrong position and needs to be adjusted, really surprised Chelsea are yet to be punished.
I think it’s flawed and at some point ffp will be relaxed or abolished to a point. The amount of clubs struggling to stay within the limits suggests it’s not right

It’s just stopping clubs break into the top 6 mafia.

I’m struggling to understand how the shit are not at risk. They’ve spent hundreds of millions, I knew grealish was sold for a big fee but?
Le Mod
What do they get in TV and Merit payments these days, is it about £200 Million? I'm out of the loop

Tbf £230M ish should allow us to do a lot, especially when we take amortisation into it. But yeah, I'm confident they'll have some whopping commercial deals lined up when we get there.

Huge fan of the confidence there
10:09, Mon 15 Jan
Have Chelsea actually failed? Not sure they have, they're a commercial giant and they were within the rules with the way they amortised the contracts, the rules have since been changed.
Happy Clapper
10:09, Mon 15 Jan
Alfboy
Le Mod

Huge fan of the confidence there

I originally wrote if, and changed it to when

#GoingUp
Happy Clapper
10:10, Mon 15 Jan
Part of me wants them to stay up cause I want Blues task for next season to be as easy as possible, if the current bottom 3 went down it would be better for us I think, though I suppose it's feasible Everton could come down and not do that great

I imagine there'd be a mass player exodus should they go down.

Wouldn't surprise me if they fell straight through this division too. Happened to Wolves and Sunderland.
10:11, Mon 15 Jan
No way vile will get done for anything, they’re too spawny and get away with everything.
10:14, Mon 15 Jan

I imagine there'd be a mass player exodus should they go down.

Wouldn't surprise me if they fell straight through this division too. Happened to Wolves and Sunderland.

Not if they hang on to Dyke, he knows the Championship too well