20:56, Mon 15 Jan
I'm intrigued by the Forest charge. It was their first PL season and P&S is assessed over 3 years. So it must include two Championship seasons. I'd like to see if they have been allowed £35m or £13m a season in the Championship.

Either way i don't think it bodes well for Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. They must all be running very hefty losses this season. So if they go up they face problems in the PL almost immediately.
21:49, Mon 15 Jan
Sheep2
I'm intrigued by the Forest charge. It was their first PL season and P&S is assessed over 3 years. So it must include two Championship seasons. I'd like to see if they have been allowed £35m or £13m a season in the Championship.

It’s £13m for each year in the Championship. The Premier League statement states their allowable loss is £61m (ie 35 + 13 + 13)
Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can’t face reality
21:52, Mon 15 Jan
i'm really confused now, as didn't Vile get away with it because they got promoted ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
22:32, Mon 15 Jan
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
i'm really confused now, as didn't Vile get away with it because they got promoted ?

EFL couldn't enforce their rules upon them cos they weren't in the Championship any more, and the PL were far more lax.

This is my recollection which could be wrong.
07:36, Tue 16 Jan
Sheep2

Either way i don't think it bodes well for Leicester, Southampton and Leeds. They must all be running very hefty losses this season. So if they go up they face problems in the PL almost immediately.

Remember Leicester and Southampton both sold quite a few players for big money, so I don't think they will be posting big losses this season and if they're only down for 1 year, they will be allowed 83m losses over the 3 year period.
09:23, Tue 16 Jan
Yeah I think Leicester will be ok considering they sold 2 players for over £40m each and spent £40m in the summer in total

Southampton will be fine as they've sold around £180m worth of players since they were relegated lol
09:48, Tue 16 Jan
El Mayor
Mowbrays Toe & Knee

EFL couldn't enforce their rules upon them cos they weren't in the Championship any more, and the PL were far more lax.

That was my recollection too, so wondering what has changed to make the PL go after forest for their loses in the championship.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:58, Tue 16 Jan
Maybe it's because of the threat of an independent regulator? Call me cynical but it's a bit coincidental that they start stamping down when it's being debated in parliament. Though I accept it could just be coincidental timing
Happy Clapper
09:59, Tue 16 Jan
They spent 200mil on fee’s alone the first season up

Plus a monumental wage bill

30 signings
10:08, Tue 16 Jan
Le Mod
Maybe it's because of the threat of an independent regulator? Call me cynical but it's a bit coincidental that they start stamping down when it's being debated in parliament. Though I accept it could just be coincidental timing

Independent regulator ..... I think that's behind this rush to act.
Maybe the suits see their feathered nests being burned unless they hurry up.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:11, Tue 16 Jan
Someone on Radio 5 was suggesting that Everton's new punishment , if it's agreed , will be a fine as opposed to points deducted ?
Dunno why though ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
El Mayor
Mowbrays Toe & Knee

That was my recollection too, so wondering what has changed to make the PL go after forest for their loses in the championship.

Spawny.
Up the feckin Blues
10:27, Tue 16 Jan
Someone on Radio 5 was suggesting that Everton's new punishment , if it's agreed , will be a fine as opposed to points deducted ?
Dunno why though ?

Because they know the fine would push them over the brink into admin and so another points deduction?

Dunno - but as Dan said it sounds like they are in the do-do anyway as they owe £142m+ to the firm who are trying to buy them who themselves are $1bn in debt.
10:33, Tue 16 Jan
lowercaser
Dunno why though ?

Because they know the fine would push them over the brink into admin and so another points deduction?

Dunno - but as Dan said it sounds like they are in the do-do anyway as they owe £142m+ to the firm who are trying to buy them who themselves are $1bn in debt.

A vicious circle 🙃
10:47, Tue 16 Jan
brummiestu87
Sheep2

Remember Leicester and Southampton both sold quite a few players for big money, so I don't think they will be posting big losses this season and if they're only down for 1 year, they will be allowed 83m losses over the 3 year period.

Leicester posted a loss of £92m in their last accounts (£100m excluding transfer profits)
Since then they will have lost £50m plus in prize money for league placings.
£45m for the non=prize aspect of the TV money plus the UEFA cup income.

Even with the transfers out to not post a loss this season will be a big achievement. It would mean they have cut their wage costs by at least 2/3 and massively reduced the amortisation of contracts (Which was £72, on it's own). The amount of slashing of costs required would seem very risky in itself - especially if you want to compete in the PL again.