10:14, Mon 15 Jan
QPR fans are sweating over over a points deduction too. Something to do with missing payments an a previous fine due to FFP.
10:20, Mon 15 Jan
Bluenose27
No way vile will get done for anything, they’re too spawny and get away with everything.

Selling an academy product for 100 million is spawny?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:25, Mon 15 Jan
My Blue Heaven
I’m struggling to understand how the shit are not at risk. They’ve spent hundreds of millions, I knew grealish was sold for a big fee but?

they are at risk, the 100mil for Grealish falls out of the 3 year cycle this summer, piece in the Athletic last week about how they are close and need to sell this summer.
10:28, Mon 15 Jan
Oh good, they’ll probably sell couthinio to the Saudis or something for stupid money

I hope they go bang
10:29, Mon 15 Jan
Probably not, but getting saved a day before liquidation, staying up when goal line technology failed to work, and just everything else about them. That’s what makes them spawny
10:30, Mon 15 Jan
sandpit72
Great game next season though. Apparently the majority of teams are struggling to stay within the financial regulations which maybe shows the bar has been set in the wrong position and needs to be adjusted, really surprised Chelsea are yet to be punished.

Or it shows that all the teams are pushing the boundaries of spending.

The experience through the PL era is is that with each TV deal clubs profit in the first year then move to break even and loss. It's happened with every TV deal. The smaller clubs eventually drop out and either reset of head for oblivion.

I think the same problem would occur wherever you set the limit.
10:32, Mon 15 Jan
Everton are in trouble anyway; their takeover ain’t gonna go through and they’re close to admin.
10:33, Mon 15 Jan
That group looking at them, look as dodgy as hell.

That stadium seems to be an absolute weight on them
10:36, Mon 15 Jan
777 Partners are dodgy as hell.

They’re nearly a billion in debt and Moshiri ain’t got the money to keep financing them. They’re in big trouble.
10:38, Mon 15 Jan
Spike
Shit.

If they got banged for 10 points last time, I dread to think what they will get for a second consecutive breach.

Whatever it is will surely relegate them this time?

The bigger issue for them is that the takeover by 777 Partners is set to be rejected.
This will leave them in the same sort of position Blues were in towards the end of the ORI period.
They have an owner (Moshiri) who either doesn't have money or if he does he can't get it to the UK.
Moshiri is very much tied up with Usmanov who is on the sanctions list over Ukraine.
They have apparently borrowed £140m from 777 partners and can't pay it back,

The reason the takeover might fail is that 777 Partners haven't been servicing football debts. They are collectors of stressed debt and bought a load from football clubs with the intention of negotiating settlements. This is falling foul of FIFA and other people as some of the people they aren't paying are football clubs. It's complex, but as I understand it they wouldn't be good owners.
10:41, Mon 15 Jan
El Mayor
777 Partners are dodgy as hell.

They’re nearly a billion in debt and Moshiri ain’t got the money to keep financing them. They’re in big trouble.

They are short of something like £200m to complete the new stadium as well. Until that is completed it just swallows cash. I think Liverpool council are looking at helping, but aren't going to front another £200m.
10:50, Mon 15 Jan
This might be why they've paused redeveloping the north stand. Loss in turnover for 2 years will push them into FFP challenges even with champions league TV money.

There's a thread on Skyscraper City forum for the north stand development. I suggested to them this was the reason. I got shouted down and told the Villa owners have loads of money and there's no reason to delay the redevelopment... oh well.
10:51, Mon 15 Jan
i think increased costs will be part of it, same as every other planned construction project recently.

don't think its FFP related though, infrastructure doesnt count towards it.
10:51, Mon 15 Jan
I don't have that much sympathy for Everton (no one cared when Blues were docked points) but they must be seething when they look at Chelsea and Man City. They have just gamed the system better than the rest (it appears!).
10:53, Mon 15 Jan
i think the point is to do the redevlopment they will have to close the stand and so reduce the matchday income which will put a strain on the FFP - its not the actual costs of the development itself.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years