11:34, Mon 15 Jan
HackneyBlue
Le Mod
Champions League qualification is worth around £75M+ isn't it? Let's hope they go on a bad run

yea, watched them yesterday for the first time in a while and im far from convinced they make it, fingers crossed
Problem is there’s not 4 other team’s churning out points like them effers are
Tony Fantastico
11:36, Mon 15 Jan
i think you'd struggle to find a system that didn't have flaws, but this system has been in place a while and so far only 3 clubs have been charged with anything, one of them today by sounds of it.

selling youth players is far from ideal but City have been investing in their academy predominantly for the purpose of making money, with only a handful making it through to the first team.

for every Palmer they sell it seems they have an Oscar Bobb waiting to come through, who they spotted at 16 and signed up with this in mind.
11:38, Mon 15 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
HackneyBlue
Le Mod
Champions League qualification is worth around £75M+ isn't it? Let's hope they go on a bad run

yea, watched them yesterday for the first time in a while and im far from convinced they make it, fingers crossed

Still very likely to be top 5 too, they need to collapse and one of the those currently outside the top 5 needs a run
Happy Clapper
11:44, Mon 15 Jan
Le Mod
Rab C Nesbitt
HackneyBlue
Le Mod

Still very likely to be top 5 too, they need to collapse and one of the those currently outside the top 5 needs a run
Forgot about the 5th spot 😩
Tony Fantastico
11:46, Mon 15 Jan
Still hoping Ma Utd or Chelsea pulls their finger out and goes and wins 8 in a row or something
Happy Clapper
11:51, Mon 15 Jan
If they let everyone spend with no limits, the game would totally go. The money involved now, with actual countries owning teams, is too much.
11:57, Mon 15 Jan
5th spot for CL isnt guaranteed

Italy and Germany currently top 2 in the coefficient ranking but England very close behind in 3rd

Villa will be extra motivated to go as far as they can in the Europa Zenith Data cup as wins/draws = coefficient points for England
11:57, Mon 15 Jan
i think the first thing that should be done is cleaning up the whole transfer process. Agents are paid a set % of the transfer when completed and that % applies to every transfer from league 2 up to the saudi league. when an agent contacts a club they must show a signbed contract for the player they are representing etc. the transfer figure is known from the get go. no money paid via 3rd parties through the caymen islands etc.

the amount of money siphoned off is incredible and it really shouldnt happen in such a high profile industry.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
11:59, Mon 15 Jan
If the debts underwriten though I don’t have huge issue with it, really.

If we ever do get up and Wagner wants us to be a top 6 side, I can’t see how we can do it without super spending
12:02, Mon 15 Jan
You'd end up with an even more lopsided league than you have already though. Newcastle could literally buy every top player in the world and pay them massive wages without blinking an eye. That'd just be shite.
12:03, Mon 15 Jan
NouCamp
5th spot for CL isnt guaranteed

Italy and Germany currently top 2 in the coefficient ranking but England very close behind in 3rd

Villa will be extra motivated to go as far as they can in the Europa Zenith Data cup as wins/draws = coefficient points for England

Yeah I know, that's why I said it's very likely, but not nailed on

It's very likely that the English teams will perform well enough to get the relevant points, Man City, Arsenal Liverpool, West Ham, & Vile are likely to go deep into their competitions, I read that the likelihood based on data is set at about 80%
Happy Clapper
12:05, Mon 15 Jan
It would be but the alternative is the established super rich keep their monopoly

I wouldn’t know the answer but I think it’s flawed either way
12:10, Mon 15 Jan
My Blue Heaven
If we ever do get up and Wagner wants us to be a top 6 side, I can’t see how we can do it without super spending

this is why the new stadium / infrastructure / naming rights etc is such a big thing for us. the naming rights for a world class concert venue stadium would be far higher and if it's tied in with the whole infrastructure surrounding it then it could be game changer for us. i see us being the front of a global brand in the way they'll sell / finance it to the EFL
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
12:11, Mon 15 Jan
I think the current set up, with controls actually biting (fining/penalising Man City would be great) is a lot better than letting everyone off the leash. I'd rather have a tiny chance that we could get top 10 in the prem in 5/10 years than absolute zero.
12:29, Mon 15 Jan
Le Mod
Still hoping Ma Utd or Chelsea pulls their finger out and goes and wins 8 in a row or something
Yeah we can always hope. We both know they’re shit though
Tony Fantastico