Partisan Blues Fan
yeehaw
His pass completion rate this season is 4 points higher than the squad average. He has the third highest number of assists, and the highest actual number of assists vs. expected assists in the squad. He has the fifth most successful key passes, just 6 behind Stansfield. He has our fourth highest number of passes into penalty area, tied with JJ. He has a far higher pass completion rate than some of our other midfielders -- for example Bacuna -- who he beats in terms of short, medium AND long passes -- though Bacuna attempts our most progressive passes by far.

He's really not that bad.
Good points.
If TM wants to play him then I will trust his judgement rather than moany fans on a football forum.

Nobody is moaning. There’s simply people saying they’d rather we moved a player on. It’s opinions on, as you say, a football forum.
If we all agreed on everything, it’d be a effin shit forum.
Absolutely nobody is claiming to be a better judge of things than Tony Mowbray.
Ironic really, as Mowbray himself has ‘moaned’ about the performance levels of some of the players on more than one occasion already. That’s after wins as well.
He’s also clearly said we need better players through the door. And he’s right.
00:22, Tue 30 Jan
yeehaw
His pass completion rate this season is 4 points higher than the squad average. He has the third highest number of assists, and the highest actual number of assists vs. expected assists in the squad. He has the fifth most successful key passes, just 6 behind Stansfield. He has our fourth highest number of passes into penalty area, tied with JJ. He has a far higher pass completion rate than some of our other midfielders -- for example Bacuna -- who he beats in terms of short, medium AND long passes -- though Bacuna attempts our most progressive passes by far.

He's really not that bad this season*

*I know I said otherwise in a different thread earlier, but I've really dove into his stats since then. He's nowhere near our worst passer.

Lovely stats but I watch with my eyes too and he is awful with the ball.
00:42, Tue 30 Jan
Sunjic feels like a safety net - like we expect to be dominated by teams sometimes and when that happens, we need someone with Sunjic's energy to chase after the opposition... That's why I feel reluctant to say we don't need him anymore but ultimately, we're behind held back by having midfielders who aren't comfortable on the ball. It's why despite people constantly talking about how desperate we are for strikers, Mowbray is pushing for new midfielders.

Too often teams realise we're not great on the ball and they start pressing us like mad - we need players who are happy to be pressed because it gives them a chance to beat their man and get the ball forward. Sunjic just doesn't fit in a Mowbray team... His passing isn't the problem - it's his ability to receive the ball under pressure and do something with it.
07:55, Tue 30 Jan
The meltdown on here is quite something.

The game on the 17th looking tasty now

[www.readytogo.net]

The number of posts on there that are positive about him is really reassuring. He’ll improve us. Let’s not forget Dozzells wand of a left foot either. I feel faint just thinking about it.
07:57, Tue 30 Jan
He isn't our future. None of the players out of contract are.

Finally, it's time to move on.
07:58, Tue 30 Jan
This is my favourite

“Birmingham significantly increasing his pay might be an indicator that they aren't the best run club in the Championship mind. Absolute dead money for a club in a bit of a mess.”
07:59, Tue 30 Jan
Thongs
This is my favourite

“Birmingham significantly increasing his pay might be an indicator that they aren't the best run club in the Championship mind. Absolute dead money for a club in a bit of a mess.”

Linked Image
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:13, Tue 30 Jan
Hannibal has already fell out of favour at Sevilla, bring him back in.

But seriously , I don't think Sunjic gives the ball away no more than anyone else. He almost looks too hesitant sometimes to make a pass when it's on to make sure it goes to a blue shirt.
Fat Buddha CBE
The meltdown on here is quite something.

The game on the 17th looking tasty now

[www.readytogo.net]

The number of posts on there that are positive about him is really reassuring. He’ll improve us. Let’s not forget Dozzells wand of a left foot either. I feel faint just thinking about it.

Yeah, I noticed that - not even that much of a meltdown, few disparaging remarks about 'Brum' but they are a bitter lot at the best of times. Just as many sorry to see him go as those willing to drive him here themselves?
Up the feckin Blues
08:36, Tue 30 Jan
Super Hans
Thongs
This is my favourite

Linked Image

Clueless. They'd wear Newcastle shirts to have owners as ambitious as ours.
Up the feckin Blues
08:51, Tue 30 Jan
Thongs
This is my favourite

A lot of people seem ignorant of what has happened recently with us. One of the things that comes across is in that Sunderland thread is though a lot of them are not pleased (understandably) with Pritchard forcing a move by refusing to play, the level of trust in Speakman (and to some extent their supposed 5 year ‘plan’) is virtually non-existent.

Bollix to the Makems. We get the better end of this.
09:07, Tue 30 Jan
Bluetone
Hannibal has already fell out of favour at Sevilla, bring him back in.

But seriously , I don't think Sunjic gives the ball away no more than anyone else. He almost looks too hesitant sometimes to make a pass when it's on to make sure it goes to a blue shirt.
He does.
Tony Fantastico
09:14, Tue 30 Jan
Watch Leicester's first goal back. Who gave the ball away with absolutely no need to
09:26, Tue 30 Jan
Marc Roberts?
09:39, Tue 30 Jan
Marc Roberts is on effing walkies but who loses it in the middle...