12:27, Tue 30 Jan
Dunno why people can't see it Spike.
The timing, frequency and personnel aspects of committing fouls is a well practiced and rehearsed part of the game.
Enough to break up play but trying to avoid early yellow cards.
If 10 -15 players all learn those dark arts which are encouraged by coaches, sadly it usually only ends one way. Can't call it cheating but it's ugly professionalism and as you say it's growing. The most professional at it prosper unfortunately.
The very best refs almost certainly know what's happening and we just have to hope that they are brave enough to counter that with swift and regular cards. Don't bottle the reds ref !!

Maybe we'll join the club at some point ......
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
12:31, Tue 30 Jan
It’s right in may respects though I do think there’s some credence to the criticism if it’s happening consistently, in dangerous areas of the pitch or harming us being effective as a team going forward.

I thought sunjic was one of the stand outs first half Saturday but struggled in the second half

I’d be tempted to keep him around as I think his energy is really useful but I wouldn’t be say to see him go either
12:31, Tue 30 Jan
Dugarry21
Marc Roberts is on effing walkies but who loses it in the middle...

Might need to reiterate this original comment. Did I single Sunjic out? But he did give the ball away, and does so in painful areas. Is he the only one at fault? No, but he does give the ball away and isn’t smart with it at his feet as per the original points of this thread.
12:36, Tue 30 Jan
Wharton off to Palace from Blackburn, looks a done deal.
So that could put an end to them signing JJ this month 👌
12:42, Tue 30 Jan
TaylorJay84
Wharton off to Palace from Blackburn, looks a done deal.
So that could put an end to them signing JJ this month 👌

Reportedly for £20m plus, as a point of reference for a possible fee for JJ.
14:55, Tue 30 Jan
Dugarry21
Marc Roberts is on effing walkies but who loses it in the middle...

Might need to reiterate this original comment. Did I single Sunjic out? But he did give the ball away, and does so in painful areas. Is he the only one at fault? No, but he does give the ball away and isn’t smart with it at his feet as per the original points of this thread.

I thought the original point of this thread was to discuss Pritchard.
14:57, Tue 30 Jan
Definitely
15:46, Tue 30 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
I thought the original point of this thread was to discuss Pritchard.

It’s quite boring to discuss when almost everyone agrees he’s a good signing who will probably improve us
15:54, Tue 30 Jan
So how do we all expect the announcement? I'm thinking Thursday.
18:56, Tue 30 Jan
TCKRO
So how do we all expect the announcement? I'm thinking Thursday.

A gut feeling is telling me it’ll fall through
19:14, Tue 30 Jan
If that does happen he will have an awkward 6 months in the Sunderland reserves
19:20, Tue 30 Jan
Reports were medical was today, so either later on or tomorrow AM.
19:29, Tue 30 Jan
David Xavis
Reports were medical was today, so either later on or tomorrow AM.

Brilliant, somebody bring out the pig in preparation
19:30, Tue 30 Jan
I wouldn't be too disappointed if it were to fall through but if the deal was to happen then obviously he would help us out this season.
20:40, Tue 30 Jan
Really don’t get this signing. A 31 year old and a 2 and half year contract.
I think we have enough this season to just trickle along and go big in the summer