09:51, Tue 30 Jan
I wouldn't say Sunjic gave it away there, I'd day he was a bit unfortunate.
I'd also say that he was responsible for starting the move that should have resulted in Dembele scoring
09:57, Tue 30 Jan
He gave the ball away, let's not pretend it was anything other than that
10:00, Tue 30 Jan
The Sunjic debate is painful. How it isn't blatantly obvious to all of our fans over the last 5 years that he can't pass wind is beyond me.

Can appreciate his work rate off the ball but we need far better to get out of this league and has to be let go in the summer.

As for Pritchard - very happy with 2.5 years and will probably go on to be more of a squad player if/when we bring better in over the summer. Exciting times. Just need that winger on loan from palace now and send burke back!!
10:04, Tue 30 Jan
Dugarry21

If you're gonna highlight that you need to with every other Blues player on the pitch too.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:10, Tue 30 Jan
generalBlue
Dugarry21

If you're gonna highlight that you need to with every other Blues player on the pitch too.

You can do, but that's common with Sunjic. He runs about that's great but he gives the ball away in painful areas as their first goal shows. He can see his CB is out of position and he couldn't a) keep the ball or b) moon it into the stands to let us regroup
10:20, Tue 30 Jan
Dugarry21
generalBlue
Dugarry21

You can do, but that's common with Sunjic. He runs about that's great but he gives the ball away in painful areas as their first goal shows. He can see his CB is out of position and he couldn't a) keep the ball or b) moon it into the stands to let us regroup

I'm trying to imagine what your reaction would be if he did " moon it into the stands to let us regroup " 😋😋
Most of us can clearly see Sunjic's limitations when he's on the ball , there's no secret. However his overall contribution this season is an improvement on previous seasons.
We can do better and I think we will particularly in the summer window.
Meanwhile he'll be important on matchdays.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
10:25, Tue 30 Jan
You assume I just sit and moan but the mental gymnastics you are doing to not just admit he gave the ball away is quite funny
10:26, Tue 30 Jan
Did you spot anyone else in our colours give the ball away at any point on Saturday ?
10:28, Tue 30 Jan
Dugarry21
You assume I just sit and moan but the mental gymnastics you are doing to not just admit he gave the ball away is quite funny

Again
10:34, Tue 30 Jan
Alright, carry on moaning then !
10:58, Tue 30 Jan
You assume I moan, I’m just realistic to know he isn’t that good.

Looking back at your posts it seems you’re an arch supporter of him so opinions init
11:36, Tue 30 Jan
Yes, Sunjic gave the ball away for Leicesters first goal.

I don’t think he gives it away any more than the players around him, at least not this season anyway. Historically he’s been atrocious with ball retention but I think a lot of fans this season are still clouded by the memories of him being dogshit until six month ago. This season’s Sunjic is fine on the ball; not great, but fine.
11:53, Tue 30 Jan
Nah - he has the same technical deficiencies now as he did when we first signed him, he hasn't got any better or any worse on the ball, it's just not his game.

He is fine passing the ball backwards and sideways but we need much much more, Mowbray is constantly talking about his midfielders passing forwards and Sunjic just cannot do it.

In the passing statistics posted on the Sunjic thread, the numbers showed of all the passes he makes roughly only 10% of them are forward progressive passes, its far too few.
12:11, Tue 30 Jan
generalBlue
Dugarry21

Well exactly, about three people effed up for that first goal - so why has it got to be about Sunjic (And I'm quite well aware of Sunjjc's limitations).

All of our players give the ball away, as the prophet Mowbray said - you do give the ball away in football, it's about what you do with it after that. Even top teams give the ball away (though obviously less often) and generally at that top level they then just foul to prevent it becoming an issue. Leicester - as the best team in our division - commit massive numbers of cynical fouls to prevent counter-attacks on the turnover, in that home game we had against them at Christmas their fouling was ridiculous. At top level Arsenal and Man City foul on an industrial level as well.

A mate of mine is really obsessed with "giving the ball away". You can lose the ball on the other team's corner flag, the ball will then travel eighty yards, three other people will lose it and two will miss tackles, the keeper will then dive over the shot - and my mate will still be blaming the bloke who lost it eighty yards up the pitch for "giving the ball away".
12:20, Tue 30 Jan
Has Mr Pritchard never heard of either frying pans or even fires?