Nikola Zigic
Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to move off the back of it though.

Is it a West Midlands problem? He's been racially abused twice in his time here, once in Birmingham and once in Sandwell.
No it’s not. It’s a racist bastard problem. They’re all over the effin place. As the Sheffield Wednesday fan showed
Tony Fantastico
11:05, Thu 8 Feb
Agree the fee is tempting but Mowbray has said he wants characters about the dressing room and has bigged up Bacuna saying he’s as mad as a box of frogs. As others have said a flair player who isn’t afraid to work hard be surprised to see him go given Mowbray’s need for graft
11:23, Thu 8 Feb
number8
I'd be really sad to see him go, he can be great to watch and always puts effort in. Probably my favourite player in this squad.

Agreed. I’d be gutted.
11:36, Thu 8 Feb
He can be a bit erratic. That free kick against Stoke was a absolute beauty.
11:45, Thu 8 Feb
Jimbcfc
He can be a bit erotic. That free kick against Stoke was a absolute beauty.

Fixed it for you.
12:06, Thu 8 Feb
Revenue is the name of the game for Blues at the moment, Knighthead have bundles of cash and wont be able to spend what they want to

This would give us yet more room for P&S, it's a book profit that equates to nearly a quarter of the clubs revenue in the last accounts, massive.

It's not about the cash itself, but about the room it creates for Knighthead to go for it

I lyk Bacuna, a lot, but 5M (and the profit it produces) for what is now a fringe player with 18 months left would be a fantastic deal
Happy Clapper
12:08, Thu 8 Feb
Le Mod
Revenue is the name of the game for Blues at the moment, Knighthead have bundles of cash and wont be able to spend what they want to

This would give us yet more room for P&S, it's a book profit that equates to nearly a quarter of the clubs revenue in the last accounts, massive.

It's not about the cash itself, but about the room it creates for Knighthead to go for it

I lyk Bacuna, a lot, but 5M (and the profit it produces) for what is now a fringe player with 18 months left would be a fantastic deal

I don’t agree that he’s a fringe player. And having 18 months left on his deal can easily be solved by extending his deal. Regardless of FFP there is no point selling a player for £5m if it costs £8-10m to replace them.
12:13, Thu 8 Feb
Does he get in our 11 between now and May, I'm not sure? Then next season I think he slips even further down the pecking order

I say this as a Bacuna fan but I think it would be a good deal, I don't think it would cost anything like 8-10 to replace him either, and we could sign probably 3 good players with the room it creates
Happy Clapper
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Le Mod

I don’t agree that he’s a fringe player. And having 18 months left on his deal can easily be solved by extending his deal. Regardless of FFP there is no point selling a player for £5m if it costs £8-10m to replace them.

As I’ve said, I like Bacuna but I’m not actually sure what his best position is, probably because he’s been used all over the midfield and at right back and done a fairly good job wherever he’s been asked to play.

Out of interest, where would you play him in our ‘best 11’ and at who’s expense taking into account the new signings?
theAtlas
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Le Mod

As I’ve said, I like Bacuna but I’m not actually sure what his best position is, probably because he’s been used all over the midfield and at right back and done a fairly good job wherever he’s been asked to play.

Out of interest, where would you play him in our ‘best 11’ and at who’s expense taking into account the new signings?

He’s so versatile you can play him anywhere and since our squad is so injury prone he’ll almost always get a game. But if everyone was fit I’d play him off the right or as a 10 and I’d pick him over Pritchard or Myoshi (both of whom I like a lot). I just think his numbers warrant it.
I think his best position is right of the attacking 3 tucked in with Laird overlapping.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
12:22, Thu 8 Feb
My initial thought was they can feck off, €5m for probably our best player so far this season?

Then I read the comments and was even more baffled. €5m is nothing in todays market.
12:25, Thu 8 Feb
Thongs
£5m

Their transfer window closes today.

[x.com]

It's 5 million euros not pounds. So about 4.3 million quid.
12:26, Thu 8 Feb
I feel 50/50 about the move. I'd be sad to see him go, he's been good for us and I like him. But on the other hand it'd be a decent fee for him and we're very overloaded with CMs atm. I'm sure the new arrivals like Paik Seung-ho, Dozzell and Prichtard (he plays attacking mid, but can be used as CM) as well as existing players like JJ & Chang (when he returns from Injury) can play the role with either Sunjic or Bielik (if TM makes him return back to CM).

Whatever happens, happens.
Nikola Zigic
I think his best position is right of the attacking 3 tucked in with Laird overlapping.

Miyoshi seems to be locking this down under Uncle Tone, primarily because he can cut off the passing lanes and do the defensive side of the game quite well - Bacuna works hard, but would he be able to do the same? I'd have reservations.