12:42, Thu 8 Feb
I don't think I'd take it. On his day he's top draw. Even on a off day he's one of our better players. 5m euros isn't a lot these days. Stick another 1.5 on and then we can talk.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
theAtlas
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Le Mod
Revenue is the name of the game for Blues at the moment, Knighthead have bundles of cash and wont be able to spend what they want to

This would give us yet more room for P&S, it's a book profit that equates to nearly a quarter of the clubs revenue in the last accounts, massive.

It's not about the cash itself, but about the room it creates for Knighthead to go for it

I lyk Bacuna, a lot, but 5M (and the profit it produces) for what is now a fringe player with 18 months left would be a fantastic deal

I don’t agree that he’s a fringe player. And having 18 months left on his deal can easily be solved by extending his deal. Regardless of FFP there is no point selling a player for £5m if it costs £8-10m to replace them.

As I’ve said, I like Bacuna but I’m not actually sure what his best position is, probably because he’s been used all over the midfield and at right back and done a fairly good job wherever he’s been asked to play.

Out of interest, where would you play him in our ‘best 11’ and at who’s expense taking into account the new signings?

He’s so versatile you can play him anywhere and since our squad is so injury prone he’ll almost always get a game. But if everyone was fit I’d play him off the right or as a 10 and I’d pick him over Pritchard or Myoshi (both of whom I like a lot). I just think his numbers warrant it.

It’s going to be an interesting one for Mowbray to work out because you could argue a case for about 10 players for the 5 midfield places. As you say, injuries will no doubt narrow the choices down a little bit.
12:53, Thu 8 Feb
Think this would be a good deal for us I like Bacuna but he’s more of a squad player, we are well stocked in central midfield areas
12:54, Thu 8 Feb
I suspect it will be the players choice ultimately.
12:59, Thu 8 Feb
Tam
Id snap there hand off 3 months ago Bacuna and hard work in the same sentence would not have happened dont forget couldnt get in the side when we were 6th under Eustace the odd flash but gives the ball away in dangerous positions far to many times cant be trusted .
13:08, Thu 8 Feb
Thongs
£5m

Their transfer window closes today.

[x.com]

Is it £ though? The post says / translates as €, that would be £4.4m, which is still a tidy profit
13:16, Thu 8 Feb
Leaves us no cover from Drameh when Laird is inevitably injured.
13:22, Thu 8 Feb
bluebone
Id snap there hand off 3 months ago Bacuna and hard work in the same sentence would not have happened dont forget couldnt get in the side when we were 6th under Eustace the odd flash but gives the ball away in dangerous positions far to many times cant be trusted .

Bacuna is one of those that could never be accused of not working hard.

Love the bastard
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:23, Thu 8 Feb
Ribeye
Leaves us no cover from Drameh when Laird is inevitably injured.

Williams? Or is he keeping a spot warm for Laird in the physio's room?
13:26, Thu 8 Feb
That will not be a good move for him. Do their fans not have history of racially abusing players? even their own?
13:26, Thu 8 Feb
Aiwu? Sanderson? Both played RB throughout their careers and with Bielik preferred at CB now, possibly alongside Long I think it's an area where we are well stocked.

I like Bacuna but (like most championship players) he can blow hot and cold.
There is if the replacement further improves the squad
13:35, Thu 8 Feb
albi
That will not be a good move for him. Do their fans not have history of racially abusing players? even their own?

They do but European football and presumably higher wages might make him feel it is worth the risk?
13:41, Thu 8 Feb
Statistical one of our better players according to what I've just read. He still a bit erotic as well.
13:48, Thu 8 Feb
Statistically