13:49, Thu 8 Feb
Snoop
albi
That will not be a good move for him. Do their fans not have history of racially abusing players? even their own?

They do but European football and presumably higher wages might make him feel it is worth the risk?

He needs to think about his me mental health and going there will be a disaster for him. I like him and think under a decent coach he can be far better than he is now.
I find it strange that some who would happily accept €5m for Bacuna also thought we shouldn't accept much less than £20m for James.

Agreed the latter has potential to improve but even so that is a ridiculous discrepancy in the relative valuations.

In addition there is, I believe, a significant sell on to Rangers for Bacuna.
13:52, Thu 8 Feb
Some were saying we should have accepted £5-7m for JJ aswell tbf
13:55, Thu 8 Feb
Dirty Bertie
I find it strange that some who would happily accept €5m for Bacuna also thought we shouldn't accept much less than £20m for James.

Agreed the latter has potential to improve but even so that is a ridiculous discrepancy in the relative valuations.

What's significant? 25%?
14:05, Thu 8 Feb
Dirty Bertie

👍

And furthermore, Bacuna also has plenty of potential to improve. He’s 26, not 36.
14:05, Thu 8 Feb
Dugarry21
Dirty Bertie

What's significant? 25%?

I'm not ITK but I have heard that it's at least 25% and maybe more.

If true then it certainly has a significant effect upon the profitability of the rumoured deal.
14:15, Thu 8 Feb
Tam
Tam
number8
I'd be really sad to see him go, he can be great to watch and always puts effort in. Probably my favourite player in this squad.

Same here. I thought the other week (I think it was against Bristol at home) that there's a lot of 'identikit' football on display throughout the division and Bacuna (for all of his inconsistency) is a player that's an antidote to that. Works hard, never hides, always confident, sometimes infuriating, sometimes brilliant.

⭐️

He’s worth more to us than ~£4m
14:19, Thu 8 Feb
Who will take our FK's if he goes?
14:24, Thu 8 Feb
Gary Gardner obvs
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
14:35, Thu 8 Feb
Pritchard

Doesn’t sound like it’s happening anyway
Happy Clapper
TrickyBlue
My initial thought was they can feck off, €5m for probably our best player so far this season?

Then I read the comments and was even more baffled. €5m is nothing in todays market.

One of the few players in our squad that can score and assist but people want to ship him off to Turkey for a few mill. Bizarre.
14:40, Thu 8 Feb
Dirty Bertie

Not really, James is 7 years younger, you can buy him, get service, and still make money. James also has a longer contract and crucially there was a bidding war, very in demand, from very wealthy clubs.

Circa 15 is fair for James imo, 5 is fair for Bacuna, nobody from the top 6 of this league, or anyone from the Prem, is going to be in for Bacuna, as much as I like him.

Fair enough re the sell on, that does impact things
Happy Clapper
14:47, Thu 8 Feb
Sam'The Man'Cosgrove
TrickyBlue
My initial thought was they can feck off, €5m for probably our best player so far this season?

Then I read the comments and was even more baffled. €5m is nothing in todays market.

One of the few players in our squad that can score and assist but people want to ship him off to Turkey for a few mill. Bizarre.

If what we can do with a €5m fee would represent a significant portion of our summer spend, then I’d be fine with it.

But if we are already sitting on an absolute war chest as some have implied, then why bother weakening the squad for the rest of the season to add a tiny bit more wriggle room in July?
14:49, Thu 8 Feb
Nah I'd tell them to sod off. If they put their bid in during January, it would be a different story but we're 20th in the league and can't use the money until the summer so the last thing we should be doing is selling important players now.
14:57, Thu 8 Feb
If we could guarantee the same bid in the summer I’d agree. I think that’s pretty unlikely though
Happy Clapper