22:40, Sat 30 Mar
If Anthony Gordon doesn't stop plonking his leg down deliberately (with no attempt to actually play the ball) in front of defenders mid-swing trying to clear the ball, and instigating a foul, he'll get hurt one day.

Been doing it a few weeks now
07:48, Sun 31 Mar
What a player though. He’s class, I went to Newcastle AC Milan with work and he was the best player on the pitch. Looks like a right scouse toe rag though.
08:31, Sun 31 Mar
Still fouls though, and hence penalties.

It's quite clever.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
08:58, Sun 31 Mar
Agreed. Clever and braver than a lot or it’d happen more often. Check out Drameh and Sanderson for their winner on Friday and you’ll see the opposite.
I’m surprised at the kerfuffle over the 2nd Newcastle pen as well because it’s pretty much the same as the first.
Tony Fantastico
09:03, Sun 31 Mar
Phillips is having a nightmare
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:20, Sun 31 Mar
Super Hans
Phillips is having a nightmare

I've never thought was that good to be honest. Certainly not Man City or England class.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:21, Sun 31 Mar
Yet people seem more concerned with him giving idiots abusing him the middle finger. Get to the pub you berks. You deserve a bit back if you give it
Tony Fantastico
09:44, Sun 31 Mar
Not seen the first one, but just saw the one in the second half, that’s a foul by Gordon for me

Great player though, definitely have him it be England squad for the summer
Happy Clapper
10:43, Sun 31 Mar
#metoo
13:15, Sun 31 Mar
Le Mod
Not seen the first one, but just saw the one in the second half, that’s a foul by Gordon for me

Novel take on it. Accidentally kicking a player is still a foul.
13:35, Sun 31 Mar

I'm glad there's someone else on here who has actually played the game at a decent level and understands exactly what Gordon's intent was.

Of course it's a foul by Gordon - never a penalty.
14:08, Sun 31 Mar
Most understand Gordon’s intent. To get his leg ball side of his opponent so for them to kick the ball they have to kick through him. It’s perfectly legal he got 2 penalties for his side through his speed of mind and body. Phillips and Coufal were caught napping and both were similar, yet people only mention the second. It’s strange.
Put simply you’re allowed to put your leg or body wherever you like with in the laws (as Gordon did). Once you do it’s upto other players to realise where you are, without kicking you. If they do it’s a foul.
Tony Fantastico
14:15, Sun 31 Mar
Most understand Gordon’s intent. To get his leg ball side of his opponent so for them to kick the ball they have to kick through him. It’s perfectly legal he got 2 penalties for his side through his speed of mind and body. Phillips and Coufal were caught napping and both were similar, yet people only mention the second. It’s strange.
Put simply you’re allowed to put your leg or body wherever you like with in the laws (as Gordon did). Once you do it’s upto other players to realise where you are, without kicking you. If they do it’s a foul.

No it's not.

Mid-swing it's a foul to the defender

Look at it again ....

[www.skysports.com]

Surprised at your stance on this Rab .... Ref didn't give a penalty, it was your hated VAR that did
14:22, Sun 31 Mar
😂
Of course it’s not.
Are you saying if a player gets kicked once a player swings his leg to strike they’re the one who conceded the foul?
You can get punched in the head by a keeper and the keeper gets the free kick?
Tony Fantastico
14:23, Sun 31 Mar
Rags

No it's not.

Mid-swing it's a foul to the defender

Look at it again ....

[www.skysports.com]

Surprised at your stance on this Rab .... Ref didn't give a penalty, it was your hated VAR that did
Of course I still don’t want var. It’s shite.
Do you think his first penalty was a foul then?
Tony Fantastico