13:41, Tue 23 Apr
Ricky Blotto
Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.

completely understand why that annoys people, although to play devils advocate im sure its done with the best intentions.

it says a lot about the confidence of the group that they need that push from the crowd, and im not sure thats entirely the players fault.
13:42, Tue 23 Apr
Yeah the booing is wrong, but it was an absolute abomination of a decision. Burke hasn’t played for about 3 months, and when he did play before that he was abysmal, so how he got in the lineup is beyond me. And according to those that went, he was predictably shocking and hooked at half time.
Kimber
Amazes me he was ever captain anyway surely someone like Juke would of been better

In fairness, Juke was never going to be playing much, so - while I agree that he would probably be the best of the bunch - it couldn't to be him. Funnily enough, Gardner would probably have been a good leader, but can't cut it in terms of being good enough to be selected.

To repeat myself from earlier, we don't have much captain material, and it's to Sanderson's credit that at least he was prepared to take the role on. Obviously, he's let the side down now though.

Paik should be captain.
13:45, Tue 23 Apr
Rowett clearly reacted to the boos. After 20 minutes of play it was obvious he was confidence wrecked. Some thought it was him who’d fell ill
Tony Fantastico
13:46, Tue 23 Apr
Demanding that he is given away to someone else because of this incident is one thing ... but to give him away because you think he's total shite is ridiculous.

I haven't said he's total shite, if you're going to engage me don't just make strawman stuff up pal. But yeah, hopefully he is jettisoned pronto and the club can continue on its much needed transition from clown club, into a serious sporting outfit.
13:47, Tue 23 Apr
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.

I think that winds a lot of people up - "we're already doing our job mate - get on and do yours" .. and it would annoy me too

You said the other day that you don't "despise" the players, which is good .... but you must see that some people/fans do. They absolutely despise them

Yup and those people are angry people who probably despise almost everybody. Football is their therapy, and their excuse to be publically vile.
Le Mod
He was fine under Eustace and has been fine under Rowett

The squad is unbalanced and lacks leaders but would be comfortably mid-table if it wasn't for 45% of the season being managed by Wayne Rooney and the reluctant Mark Venus

We need better but as usual there's loads of hyperbole about him being terrible and the whole squad being evil scumbags who are terrible human beings, just cliche ridden garbage for the most part

Completely agree, it is hard to judge the players given a large chunk has been so chaotic but during the spells we have had runs with decent managers the team collected points at the rate of a top half team. If we hadn't sacked Eustace I think the season would look very different, similarly if Mowbray hadn't had his health issue.

If we hadn’t sacked Eustace we’d already be down
13:47, Tue 23 Apr
Yeah the booing is wrong, but it was an absolute abomination of a decision. Burke hasn’t played for about 3 months, and when he did play before that he was abysmal, so how he got in the lineup is beyond me. And according to those that went, he was predictably shocking and hooked at half time.

Rowett actually said in his post match interview that he was taken off because he was injured, but that it didn't make musch difference because he was due to be substituted in the second half anyway (which i took as meaning - a planned substitution at about 60 mins because he wasn't fully match fit)
13:51, Tue 23 Apr
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

I think that winds a lot of people up - "we're already doing our job mate - get on and do yours" .. and it would annoy me too

You said the other day that you don't "despise" the players, which is good .... but you must see that some people/fans do. They absolutely despise them

Me. I fecking hate the bastards.
13:51, Tue 23 Apr

Yup and those people are angry people who probably despise almost everybody. Football is their therapy, and their excuse to be publically vile.

Oh i completely agree .. it's always been a place to get that pent up frustration out of yourself - has been for me too .... can't beat a good shout, a scream and singing your heart out .... and i actually hate a lot of the sanitisation of attending football that's happened over the last decade... but at your own players during the match ? .... i used to at least save my abuse until the final whistle
13:52, Tue 23 Apr
Shocking from the skipper in the midst of a relegation battle to not only drink but to then drink drive.

When found guilty his contract should be torn up. Seeing as this is his second visit to the courts for driving related matters and he pled that he had changed last time means he will have the book thrown at him.

We have been constantly informed BCFC are going to be a world class club in every aspect. This smacks that right in the face. I very much hope they use this as an example to the younger players and cancel his contract.

Repercussions to doing this is FFP. We paid his fee amortised over his contract. Cancelling it will put that straight onto the books but one worth taking. Put simple, he is not fit to wear the shirt.

Drink driving kills. Guy is an absolute tool and so if everyone else that drink drives.

Side note - As an ex DC I have dealt with my fair share of drink drivers while on response. Two possible options occurred. After the road side breathlyzer positive result he was arrested and transported to the local station. There, he would have basically been given an option of a breath test on a full machine or a blood test. If positive on the main machine he would have been kept in and once sober, charged with DUI and given a court date. If he selected bloods, then the doctor would have to extract the sample and then this sample sent to the labs to discover his blood alcohol content. This can take a few weeks in which he would have been recalled from bail and charged once the results are in. Furthermore, they can calculate his blood alcohol content at the time of arrest and not at the time of the sample being taken.
13:55, Tue 23 Apr
Did you ever see coppers commit crimes against football fans but turn a blind eye?
Tony Fantastico
13:59, Tue 23 Apr
Did you ever see coppers commit crimes against football fans but turn a blind eye?

A copper at Old Trafford once held me up against a wall by my neck yelling "take that you c**nt" when I was 14 years old and had the audacity to accidently walk the wrong way, trying to find my dad.

When some nearby fans intervened and told my dad what had happened, I thought my old man was going to kill him. Thankfully he couldn't find him. Always wondered what could have happened that day if he did; sliding doors moment.
14:04, Tue 23 Apr
We employed a convicted drink driver as our manager about seven months ago so I ain't really convinced the club is all that arsed tbh.
14:07, Tue 23 Apr
Ricky Blotto

A copper at Old Trafford once held me up against a wall by my neck yelling "take that you c**nt" when I was 14 years old and had the audacity to accidently walk the wrong way, trying to find my dad.

When some nearby fans intervened and told my dad what had happened, I thought my old man was going to kill him. Thankfully he couldn't find him. Always wondered what could have happened that day if he did; sliding doors moment.
Some of the stuff seen over the years could’ve ruined an ordinary blokes life tbf. Like your Dads if he’d have seen what happened to you
Tony Fantastico