17:41, Wed 15 May
Premier league voting on whether to scrap it next month. I really hope they choose to do so.
17:46, Wed 15 May
yes scrap it, and remind ourselves that football is a game played by humans for humans and humans can call it as they see it on the pitch
...A resolution has now been formally submitted to the Premier League by Wolverhampton Wanderers calling for VAR to be scrapped this summer — and that will trigger a vote when representatives of the 20 clubs assemble for their yearly gathering, in Harrogate on June 6.

...dirty Dingles 😱😤
17:47, Wed 15 May
I hope it gets scrapped because when we get back there it's one of the things I'd not look forward to having to experience.

But I don't think 14 prem clubs will vote to abolish it sadly.
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
...A resolution has now been formally submitted to the Premier League by Wolverhampton Wanderers calling for VAR to be scrapped this summer — and that will trigger a vote when representatives of the 20 clubs assemble for their yearly gathering, in Harrogate on June 6.

...dirty Dingles 😱😤
Good on them. Let people do their jobs to the best of their ability.
And let the fan experience improve again.
Fingers crossed common sense prevails. But I see a problem with that. The Championship play off final having var is just a effing farce
Tony Fantastico
I agree, get rid of it.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Premier league voting on whether to scrap it next month. I really hope they choose to do so.

This is great news for our 2027/2028 promotion year.

Get rid, it's awful.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
18:07, Wed 15 May
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

Me too, it’s absolutely crap. I have my doubts enough clubs will vote to scrap it mind, but at least there’s a chance
Happy Clapper
18:21, Wed 15 May
Awful idea.

Vote to scrap Wxlvxs instead.
18:22, Wed 15 May
I’m not sure if people are aware of my opinion on this… 🫣, but I hate VAR to the point that I have no interest in Blues playing in the PL whilst it’s there…SO if it’s scrapped, PREMIER LEAGUE- HERE WE COME!!!

My true love of football will return!!!

I saw earlier that it’s been scrapped in Sweden as the fans didn’t want it!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
18:35, Wed 15 May
It would be scrapped here if it was up to the fans.

Interesting to see if any of the clubs make any effort to get a view from them. Would be good PR if they did.

I’m pretty sure if the managers had the vote it would go to.
18:37, Wed 15 May
A list was compiled as to why they want this vote

● Impact on goal celebrations and the spontaneous passion that makes football special.

● Frustration and confusion inside stadiums due to lengthy VAR checks and poor communication.

● A more hostile atmosphere with protests, booing of the Premier League anthem and chants against VAR.

● Overreach of VAR’s original purpose to correct clear and obvious mistakes, now overanalysing subjective decisions and compromising the game’s fluidity and integrity.

● Diminished accountability of on-field officials, due to the safety net of VAR, leading to an erosion of authority on the pitch.

● Continued errors despite VAR, with supporters unable to accept human error after multiple views and replays, damaging confidence in officiating standards.

● Disruption of the Premier League’s fast pace with lengthy VAR checks and more added time, causing matches to run excessively long.

● Constant discourse about VAR decisions often overshadowing the match itself, and tarnishing the reputation of the league.

● Erosion of trust and reputation, with VAR fuelling completely nonsensical allegations of corruption.

This story was broken by the Athletic's David Ornstein

#EPL #PremierLeague #var #fa #England
Yes please 🙏

Bring back moaning down the pub about a blind linesman or a ref being biased instead of some geezer sat in a caravan drawing fake lines on a screen.

Let’s take it back to what it was.
18:40, Wed 15 May
Squatnose
A list was compiled as to why they want this vote

● Impact on goal celebrations and the spontaneous passion that makes football special.

● Frustration and confusion inside stadiums due to lengthy VAR checks and poor communication.

● A more hostile atmosphere with protests, booing of the Premier League anthem and chants against VAR.

● Overreach of VAR’s original purpose to correct clear and obvious mistakes, now overanalysing subjective decisions and compromising the game’s fluidity and integrity.

● Diminished accountability of on-field officials, due to the safety net of VAR, leading to an erosion of authority on the pitch.

● Continued errors despite VAR, with supporters unable to accept human error after multiple views and replays, damaging confidence in officiating standards.

● Disruption of the Premier League’s fast pace with lengthy VAR checks and more added time, causing matches to run excessively long.

● Constant discourse about VAR decisions often overshadowing the match itself, and tarnishing the reputation of the league.

● Erosion of trust and reputation, with VAR fuelling completely nonsensical allegations of corruption.

This story was broken by the Athletic's David Ornstein

#EPL #PremierLeague #var #fa #England
After this and that mental health video last week, I’m softening towards those dog heads.
The best players get paid the most.
The best managers get paid the most.
Do the same with the best officials.
Tony Fantastico
18:43, Wed 15 May
So everyone will just go back to blaming the referee every time a decision goes against them.
The cold never bothered me anyway