11:31, Wed 27 Dec
So we think it's a given that there is a little bit of headroom financially to do something in January, but not a lot.

Clearly changing the manager will eat into , if not fully absorb that money.

You're Garry Cook

Do you

A) change the manager, at the cost of having no wiggle room in Jan...or

B) Give Wayne the dough, see what he does with his own players.
11:32, Wed 27 Dec
FOR the record, I'm in the give Wayne the money camp.
11:36, Wed 27 Dec
I don’t think there is much wiggle room at all, if Hogan goes that will help, but otherwise we will need others to leave or sell an asset.

We need a coach who can get the best out of what we have, even the summer we won’t be able to spend freely
Why do so many fans think Rooney will be the one signing the players?

It’s down to Gardner and Co to identify and sign players that fit the clubs philosophy not the managers.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we will spend a lot and Rooney will be staying.
I think I'd change the manager now, or at the very least get a really good defensive coach onto his coaching staff.

I think we could be looking at relegation if changes aren't made.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
11:37, Wed 27 Dec
TrickyBlue

It’s down to Gardner and Co to identify and sign players that fit the clubs philosophy not the managers.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we will spend a lot and Rooney will be staying.

Rooney would have a major say in what he wants, as would any manager.
11:38, Wed 27 Dec
Rooney will get the money he wants to build a new team. That’s when we will see us consistently performing to a level that we have so far only seen in spells. That is what both should and will be done.
11:40, Wed 27 Dec
Tarquin
TrickyBlue

Rooney would have a major say in what he wants, as would any manager.

He would have a say yes but it’s not like we’d give him the money and let him choose who he wants.

The whole point is to bring a certain type of player in so the football stays the same if we have to bring another manager in. See Brentford and Brighton for example.
11:41, Wed 27 Dec
Spend on a GK then loan in a striker.

Review Rooney over a month but let him know - does he need a defensive coach or a mentor (can you combine both into 1 individual?)

If we decide we need to make a managerial change then we need new players anyway so crack on with that job.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
11:44, Wed 27 Dec
IanT
I think I'd change the manager now, or at the very least get a really good defensive coach onto his coaching staff.

I think we could be looking at relegation if changes aren't made.

Agree. To be beaten so easily by a team who couldn’t buy a goal is so poor.
Look at the fixtures we’ve played too, we’ve literally played all of the other sides in the bottom third of the table at home. You have to wonder where the points are going to come from, especially when you’re conceding three goals a game.
He’s 13 games in now too. It hasn’t worked.
11:48, Wed 27 Dec
There won't be much dough and Rooney will be staying for the foreseeable, at least until February when he's had a chance to recruit some of his own players (even if it's only 2 or 3 for small fees/loans)

No matter what the results are (within reason) until then he will be staying, if things are still going wrong come end of Feb/March time then he will probably be given his P45
11:53, Wed 27 Dec
I don't hate the idea of bringing in some extra help for Wayne. The coaching team is pretty inexperienced at this level. Someone who's been about for years and knows the Championship. Similar to how I assume Hope Powell is helping Carter with the women's team.

No idea who'd be available for that.

To answer the question of the thread I'd give Wayne the money as even if/when Rooney does completely eff it up. I'd like to see him replaced by someone with a similar philosophy to Wayne.

Just someone better at implementing it.
11:55, Wed 27 Dec
1. Check whether manager costs FFP. I'm not sure there has been a definitive answer.
2. Sack Rooney whatever, the recruitment is not for the manager but philosophy of the club, carried out by Gardner.
3. Ring Steve Cooper or Tony Mowbray and sell them the Project.
4. Bring in a Striker as that is all we are missing from a mid table team under a decent manager.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:02, Wed 27 Dec
The one thing we are crying out for is a captain and leader on the pitch.
12:09, Wed 27 Dec
Tarquin
So we think it's a given that there is a little bit of headroom financially to do something in January, but not a lot.

Clearly changing the manager will eat into , if not fully absorb that money.

You're Garry Cook

Do you

A) change the manager, at the cost of having no wiggle room in Jan...or

B) Give Wayne the dough, see what he does with his own players.

It’s really hard.

I would probably remove Rooney IF I had a long term replacement lined up who I was sure could turn it around. That’s incredibly hard to guarantee though and I’m fairly sure that we’re not in a position to do this.

I know people want someone like Mowbray but I honestly believe a short term replacement would be dumb cos we’d have to replace them again in the summer. This does not fit in with what they want to achieve; believe me the word is they’re going big with spending in the summer and they have identified their targets.

Make no mistake, the current situation is one of Cook’s own making and if he’s gonna earn the big bucks and plaudits as CEO he’s now gonna have to show his brains and bollocks in what to do next.