21:12, Wed 27 Dec
Ffs people need to forget Rowett. Anyone would think he won us the champions league
21:12, Wed 27 Dec
I’d go for Mowbray but it’s immaterial as they’re not sacking Rooney any time soon.
Latchfordfrancishatton
If we lose both games this weekend I would bite the bullet,Rooney has to go and we will need a manager who can organise a dispirited bunch of players immediately.

If it were me I would bring in Rowett and give him a 12 month contract to 1) create stability and ensure we are not relegated and longer term 2) to create a more dynamic team and style of football.

What exactly has Rowett done since leaving us to suggest he can create a dynamic team?
Latchfordfrancishatton
If we lose both games this weekend I would bite the bullet,Rooney has to go and we will need a manager who can organise a dispirited bunch of players immediately.

If it were me I would bring in Rowett and give him a 12 month contract to 1) create stability and ensure we are not relegated and longer term 2) to create a more dynamic team and style of football.

It just needs to be a temporary appointment, to stop the rot. Just 6 months would be enough.
My concern is that if the board weren’t going to buy us if we’d been relegated to league one, what are they going to do if we get there courtesy of Rooney?

If the board are ambitious, they’d need to time to source the right manager to match their ambitions. That’s why you need a known quantity in the interim. Ergo, managers that are available, and have a proven track record in management.
Bluemusic
Latchfordfrancishatton

It just needs to be a temporary appointment, to stop the rot. Just 6 months would be enough.
My concern is that if the board weren’t going to buy us if we’d been relegated to league one, what are they going to do if we get there courtesy of Rooney?

If the board are ambitious, they’d need to time to source the right manager to match their ambitions. That’s why you need a known quantity in the interim. Ergo, managers that are available, and have a proven track record in management.

Track records - Bruce is a busted flush as mentioned earlier. If a 6 month appointment then Warnock fits.
21:35, Wed 27 Dec
I'd give Rooney till the end of February. Give him a chance with those returning from injuries and new signings. Saying that if Steve Cooper wanted the job I'd boot Rooney out within seconds.
ThekombiChronicles
Latchfordfrancishatton

What exactly has Rowett done since leaving us to suggest he can create a dynamic team?

Agreed he would be perfect for organising us into a cohesive unit again. I'm not convinced he's ever had the support to go the next stage forward.
Latchfordfrancishatton
Bluemusic
Latchfordfrancishatton

Track records - Bruce is a busted flush as mentioned earlier. If a 6 month appointment then Warnock fits.

Given the brief, which is simply to keep the club in the Championship, I don’t think Bruce is a busted flush for the purpose required. He’d be an instant improvement on Rooney, and things would be boring but stable. That said, I’d be even happier with Warnock. Tried and tested and players seem ready to run through brick walls for him. He would save us. Would he come for 6 months?.
21:53, Wed 27 Dec
If the brief is changing from high press football, why don't the board come out and say that and give Rooney longer to work on the progression later?

You realise Rooney didn't come in and decide this? He also managed to achieve enough points at Derby both seasons to keep them up, with a much worse team?

Most people can't agree to this though, as they just don't like him.

Surely you change what's expected of the manager, before sacking him?
22:00, Wed 27 Dec
I’d get rid and get someone in with the ability to push things along on the pitch first of all. They still have Brady involved, they’ve surely got enough clicks now, Cook must have the idea by now that we are playing with fire.

All depends on how dedicated Cook is to his mate I suppose, as opposed to dedication towards BCFC and his boss.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
22:05, Wed 27 Dec
I don't see why people assume Cook and Rooney are mates? Same agent yes but mates I doubt it. Cook will boot Rooney out if he sees the need. Perhaps he's just being patient and not knee jerk? Yes it's not looking great but there's more than enough games to play. If it looks like no improvement in the next few weeks then Cook will definitely act to save his own skin.
ThekombiChronicles
If the brief is changing from high press football, why don't the board come out and say that and give Rooney longer to work on the progression later?

You realise Rooney didn't come in and decide this? He also managed to achieve enough points at Derby both seasons to keep them up, with a much worse team?

Parking the bus for now is a sensible footballing tactic given the situation but i fear that is too pragmatic for the owners. They seem intent on what they want and seemingly want it now. I dont think they are that 'measured'. They showed this by ploughing on
with the sacking JE at completely the wrong time with seeminly little thought of consequences
22:11, Wed 27 Dec
ThekombiChronicles

Fair point, it could be that from players, to coaches, to the manager, that everyone is just doing what is asked of them. It just isn’t working.

The family are Derby County fans and they really rated Rooney as a manager.

Rooney came in with his eyes open; he did know who the players were going to be, and certainly he’d have known what is expected of him - the no fear football. If he felt that wasn’t possible, he could’ve simply said no.

We’d all be happier if he just came good.
I think what’s more likely to happen first is a change of backroom staff. Our defensive coaches perhaps?
22:20, Wed 27 Dec
And in fairness he had the balls to come in when he was starting with 5 tough games after the previous manager had won his last 2 games and was sacked despite being well liked here. He could of said no I'll take over in January.
22:23, Wed 27 Dec
Get rid of Rooney
He’s incompetent as a manager why the heck would you trust him to sign players