12:37, Wed 27 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
turley
I’d encourage Rooney to review his position. Pay him till the end of the season. Appoint Steve Cooper. Pay off Etheridge, Hogan and Jutkiewicz, the. Use the savings to bring in loanees with a view to a permanent signing.
How are you saving money when you’ve paid them lump sums to leave?

I’m sure the owners haven’t got where they are without knowing about short term loop holes. Creative accounting isn’t the same as the horror of the last 10 years.
12:39, Wed 27 Dec
Miguelagenn
I don't think we're far from it though. If we don't beat Bristol, I will wonder where the next win will come from.

Have a look at QPR’s fixtures after Saturday. If they aren’t within 3 points or less of us by the end of January I would be amazed.
12:40, Wed 27 Dec
I assume they don't have to pay them off, just put them on gardening leave until the end of the season.
I think Rooney was on the radar a lot earlier than the summer and I think the players brought in were with that in mind.
Redditch Blue
Miguelagenn
I don't think we're far from it though. If we don't beat Bristol, I will wonder where the next win will come from.

Have a look at QPR’s fixtures after Saturday. If they aren’t within 3 points or less of us by the end of January I would be amazed.
Matches aren't won on paper
12:41, Wed 27 Dec
To take rooneys tenure to 20 games looking at the fixtures over the next 7 we will be lucky to get a win and a draw

A few more weeks of the current form and we are going to need someone to come in and keep us up

I hope he can turn it around and maybe wagner and co can land some decent loans

KRO
12:43, Wed 27 Dec
Miguelagenn
I assume they don't have to pay them off, just put them on gardening leave until the end of the season.

You can’t do that.

Player contracts are really heavily protected. You can try to come to some sort of mutual agreement whereby they take a haircut on what they’re owed and you release them but they don’t have to agree - and if they don’t, you’re paying them their full wage til the end of their contract.
El Mayor
Tarquin
So we think it's a given that there is a little bit of headroom financially to do something in January, but not a lot.

Clearly changing the manager will eat into , if not fully absorb that money.

You're Garry Cook

Do you

A) change the manager, at the cost of having no wiggle room in Jan...or

B) Give Wayne the dough, see what he does with his own players.

It’s really hard.

I would probably remove Rooney IF I had a long term replacement lined up who I was sure could turn it around. That’s incredibly hard to guarantee though and I’m fairly sure that we’re not in a position to do this.

I know people want someone like Mowbray but I honestly believe a short term replacement would be dumb cos we’d have to replace them again in the summer. This does not fit in with what they want to achieve; believe me the word is they’re going big with spending in the summer and they have identified their targets.

Make no mistake, the current situation is one of Cook’s own making and if he’s gonna earn the big bucks and plaudits as CEO he’s now gonna have to show his brains and bollocks in what to do next.

For me, that is what makes this whole situation such a farce. We all knew the FFP constraints this year. We all understood they'd be alleviated significantly next summer after several big contracts finish. We all recognised the need for patience after years of mismanagement. Most agreed that mid-table this season was probably the realistic target after years of lower half finishes. I'm sure results would've tailed off after the West Brom game under JE, but not to this extent. It ain't good enough.

The biggest disappointment for me is this is all such a vibe killer for the new ownership. I was absolutely buzzing in the summer and still am about the club's long term prospects. We will achieve great things, I'm sure of that. But the short term misery is just another kick in the teeth and I'm sick of shooting ourselves in the foot.

Things will get better, they always do. But yet again I feel so tired and weary.
Formerly Man Lyk GroundShare and Man Lyk GroundRepair.
Big Sam till the end of the season
12:47, Wed 27 Dec
gerry1875
Redditch Blue
Miguelagenn

Without sounding arsey, for the record I never said they were. I’m predicting we are going to be firmly entrenched in a relegation battle within a month or so.
Also known as analysing where I think we are headed on the evidence of what I’ve been watching.

QPR are also poor, yes, but I think that gap will be closing and not widening.
12:49, Wed 27 Dec
Redditch Blue
Miguelagenn

They've lost three on the bounce.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:51, Wed 27 Dec
Miguelagenn

Have a look at their last 4 and tell me why you think the next 3 are so different.
12:52, Wed 27 Dec
Redditch Blue
gerry1875
Redditch Blue
Miguelagenn

Without sounding arsey, for the record I never said they were. I’m predicting we are going to be firmly entrenched in a relegation battle within a month or so.
Also known as analysing where I think we are headed on the evidence of what I’ve been watching.

QPR are also poor, yes, but I think that gap will be closing and not widening.
Make no doubts about it, WE ARE in a relegation battle as it stands, I am not panicking though, I think once we get all the players fit and maybe 2 or 3 additions in January we will be fine, all we need is a good leader on the pitch, I will say it again Sanderson should be nowhere near the captaincy and on present form nowhere near the first team, we will be OK this season I am very confident of that, my prediction at the seasons start was 14th - 17th, I will still stay with that prediction
If it was up to me:

Let WR go

Get in a manager to organise the team and guide us to safety. When organised the players are good enough to cope with this league as they showed under JE

Use the time to think about getting in a decent long term coach/manager with a credible cv

May/June 2024..new manager. The project starts here, albeit a year later than planned
12:53, Wed 27 Dec
I just looked. Their next five games are pretty similar to ours in terms of difficulty.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023