20:21, Wed 27 Dec
Bluemusic
If it’s simply a case of Rooney being an astute football tactician being let down by players who don’t know how to enact his strategies, then thanks to FFP and a limited January market, we can’t do much about that until the summer. Trouble is, we might be relegated by then.

So, at some point, the board is going to act to protect their investment. That would mean saying goodbye to Rooney and bringing in an interim manager while they find their ‘no fear attacking football’ candidate.

So you need a temporary manager who is available, who doesn’t want the job long term but who will come in and stop the rot. Someone who is liked at the club, by the fans, players and the existing coaching staff, and who has won cups, and played and managed at the very highest level. That man is Steve Bruce.
Cut your losses, protect your investment and keep the club in the league. Bruce is a safe option.

Lmfao
20:23, Wed 27 Dec
Good grief! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
20:37, Wed 27 Dec
QBBC2
Good grief! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Not my problem.
What’s your solution to our clubs situation?
20:42, Wed 27 Dec
C) give the director of football any money available to bring in players that meet certain criteria.

- can be used in various formations
- will have sell on value
- improve the team

The thinking being that we need players that won't be superfluous if a new manager comes in.

Then have a word with Rooney and see what his opinion is on them. I definitely do not want Rooney picking the players, though if he is to identify some then they should be run up the chain for sign-off.

Hopefully he can use his connections and get some good deals in.
20:49, Wed 27 Dec
Bluemusic
Cut your losses, protect your investment and keep the club in the league. Bruce is a safe option.

I'll take an ounce of whatever it is you're smoking
KC
20:50, Wed 27 Dec
El Mayor
Make no mistake, the current situation is one of Cook’s own making and if he’s gonna earn the big bucks and plaudits as CEO he’s now gonna have to show his brains and bollocks in what to do next.
This by a mile.
20:51, Wed 27 Dec
I’ve had a smoke. It’s still a terrible idea.
20:51, Wed 27 Dec
What's happened to his last two clubs since he left shows how much of a busted flush he is. Don't like the bloke generally either tbh.
yeehaw
For me, we have to stick with Rooney now. He will get it right. We're all sore from Stoke but we've had some glimmers. The defensive issues will be sorted, I'm sure of it.

Glimmers?

He can't set up a team
He is no tactician
He can't tweak the side mid game to affect it
His substitutions are usually triple substitutions after 75 mins when the game is done
He can't be trusted with this squad
He can't be trusted with 'his' squad in January
He hangs players out to dry, its never him
Players that were confident,aren't anymore
He has no credible previous as a manager
I dont believe he will be successful at Blues or anywhere else.
We are bottom of forn table since he took over
Stringing 2 passes together shouldn't mean "we can see what he us trying to do" A sign of just how desperate we are
I don't see strong evidence that things will change hugely.
We are in a relegation fight

And....Players used to bond with fans after games, fist pumps etc..that has gone too...There is no spirit in the camp
20:56, Wed 27 Dec
You probably won’t see the glimmers until you take your shit tinted spectacles off tbf.
20:58, Wed 27 Dec
No need for that.
21:00, Wed 27 Dec
comes across a right slimy get. Such a slick and esteemed communicator, Mr. Nike marketing guru, he coined the 'no fear' term that helped nobody and oversaw the release of a classless sacking statement of our last manager.

I do, despite that, think he is probably the right guy to oversee a club overhaul as 1. he's genuinely been there and done that, and 2. he seems to have the ego that you probably need to embark on true visionary transformation. But I still think he comes across pretty badly and I'm not really proud to have him as one of the faces of my club. I hope that the current situation is chastening and that he feels the pressure from above because he is ultimately the guy responsible for Rooney.
21:01, Wed 27 Dec
Bluemusic
No need for that.

I'm not the one pining for Steve Bruce. Christ, I thought the Rowett stuff was bad.
21:07, Wed 27 Dec
No pining here. The club has a problem that needs solving. I just suggested the name of a manager in the hope of some good natured argument and debate.
If Bruce’s not your cup of tea, who would you suggest?
21:09, Wed 27 Dec
If we lose both games this weekend I would bite the bullet,Rooney has to go and we will need a manager who can organise a dispirited bunch of players immediately.

If it were me I would bring in Rowett and give him a 12 month contract to 1) create stability and ensure we are not relegated and longer term 2) to create a more dynamic team and style of football.