12:10, Wed 27 Dec
I would only go for loans (or freebies if any good ones come up we can afford)
New coach for me ASAP so he can steady the ship and identify gaps in the squad before the summer
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
12:10, Wed 27 Dec
Rooney will be given time, needs to look at cancelling burke and aiwu loans and use the susyem to get replacements in - CM, Cb x 2 and a striker

Once we have shifted all the old guard and high earners in the summer we can start to see a full rebuild - with or without rooney and regardless of the division we are in

Clearing out the club and starting a fresh was never going to be a quick job

KRO
Players aside i don't think WR is actually tactically astute and doesn't know how to set a team up. He never seems to make subtle changes at the right time to try to change the course of a game. Then when the game is as good as over we get a triple substitution after 75 mins to try and rescue the situation

For those reasons i personally wouldn"t trust him with any money if i owned the club. I fear that he treat january as fantasy football time but if you cant construct a team in the first place throwing money at it wont work. How long to we give him in January to work with his new players?

We talk about time but already the stoke manager has 4 points to his name after 2 games.
12:13, Wed 27 Dec
Falstaff
Rooney will get the money he wants to build a new team. That’s when we will see us consistently performing to a level that we have so far only seen in spells. That is what both should and will be done.

Presumably in division one at the present rate of decline
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
12:18, Wed 27 Dec
Interesting about summer plans...

I think the best we can hope for is that we are able to get a few additions in January and are then able to keep picking up enough points to stay clear of danger.
12:22, Wed 27 Dec
A short term fix might be enough to keep us up - wagner and co have made it quite clear that no deal would have been done if we went down last year

If the current form continues they will be forced into a change and that could mean the likes of warnock
12:23, Wed 27 Dec
Reedy1968
A short term fix might be enough to keep us up - wagner and co have made it quite clear that no deal would have been done if we went down last year

If the current form continues they will be forced into a change and that could mean the likes of warnock
So if we go down they could easily walk away if they wanted to
12:28, Wed 27 Dec
Reedy1968

It’s not about “keeping us up” yet though is it. It’s about arresting a fall.
12:30, Wed 27 Dec
These guys do not strike me as quitters, they have already invested heavily and wont walk away
12:33, Wed 27 Dec
Why wouldn’t Mowbray be long term? He spent ages at Blackburn.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:34, Wed 27 Dec
I’d encourage Rooney to review his position. Pay him till the end of the season. Appoint Steve Cooper. Pay off Etheridge, Hogan and Jutkiewicz, the. Use the savings to bring in loanees with a view to a permanent signing.
12:35, Wed 27 Dec
I don't think we're far from it though. If we don't beat Bristol, I will wonder where the next win will come from.
12:35, Wed 27 Dec
Tarquin
So we think it's a given that there is a little bit of headroom financially to do something in January, but not a lot.

Clearly changing the manager will eat into , if not fully absorb that money.

You're Garry Cook

Do you

A) change the manager, at the cost of having no wiggle room in Jan...or

B) Give Wayne the dough, see what he does with his own players.

I’ve slept on it and I use the funds to let Rooney go, sign Drameh permanently and use the two loan spots we have to bring in a couple of loans to see us to the summer.
12:36, Wed 27 Dec
turley
I’d encourage Rooney to review his position. Pay him till the end of the season. Appoint Steve Cooper. Pay off Etheridge, Hogan and Jutkiewicz, the. Use the savings to bring in loanees with a view to a permanent signing.
How are you saving money when you’ve paid them lump sums to leave?
Tony Fantastico
12:36, Wed 27 Dec
Reedy1968
These guys do not strike me as quitters, they have already invested heavily and wont walk away
No I am not saying they will do it but based on if we had gone down they would not have invested in us, who's to say that they want to keep investing in a league one club, personally I don't think we will go down, people expected far too much this season when in reality we were no better than a lower mid table team.