12:55, Wed 27 Dec
I say A. I've not seen enough.

If I were to do B I'd ask him what changes he needs in his staff as something isn't working.
12:57, Wed 27 Dec
Your spot on ref some peoples expectations - the new owners have tried to lift the club but in doing so with Rooney coming in and all this no fear talk has wound a lot of fans up

Still think the vast majority of us and most i speak to are realistic and know its going to take time to rebuild the club on and off the pitch

KRO
12:57, Wed 27 Dec
I agree, we just needed to get through this season unscathed to be an attractive proposition for any targets we might have.

We are getting dragged down with each game that passes.
I've read a few comments about giving Rooney time to sign his own players the see how we go. I wonder what it is in his managerial record they see that they think will turn him into a competent manager.
13:02, Wed 27 Dec
Think it's time for Rooney to go now surely they must have someone in line for next appointment. Do we Trust Rooney with what money he will get I don't think so. If they don't remove him and these results continue it will be toxic at the games.
13:07, Wed 27 Dec
A
13:07, Wed 27 Dec
Lets face it - he wont be let go.

I expect the plan was to "write" this season off and figure out exactly what positions we'd be recruiting for in the summer with everyone else having gotten used to a "new playstyle" and finish mid to lower end of table with a foundation to build on....

However I dont think anyone board level wise expected the results to have been this poor. the above meant no relegation fight but on the face of it we're in one.

So they'll back as much as they can in Jan as they want to aim higher than what they thought eustace's approach was so wont want us to revert to that
13:08, Wed 27 Dec
Miguelagenn
Miguelagenn
I don't think we're far from it though. If we don't beat Bristol, I will wonder where the next win will come from.

Have a look at QPR’s fixtures after Saturday. If they aren’t within 3 points or less of us by the end of January I would be amazed.

Have a look at their last 4 and tell me why you think the next 3 are so different.

effin hell. I think, after Ipswich away, they’ll get a decent haul from the next four after that, during which I don’t see us getting the same. It’s as simple as that.
QPR were shit yesterday, yes, and I know they’ve lost three in a row. But they then have a run of home games which I think they’ll pick up decent points from. If they don’t, I’ll happily agree I think they’ve effed it.
13:16, Wed 27 Dec
A run of home games and one against us - i hate loftus road with its poxy little pitch
majson
Lets face it - he wont be let go.

I expect the plan was to "write" this season off and figure out exactly what positions we'd be recruiting for in the summer with everyone else having gotten used to a "new playstyle" and finish mid to lower end of table with a foundation to build on....

However I dont think anyone board level wise expected the results to have been this poor. the above meant no relegation fight but on the face of it we're in one.

So they'll back as much as they can in Jan as they want to aim higher than what they thought eustace's approach was so wont want us to revert to that

If they back him in January then i will start worrying about the owners/board as if we dont have enough to worry about. They will start coming across as deluded and unrealistic to me. If i dont see them being 'measured' about the plan then that's a worry to me

Doesn't it concern anyone that JE was basically sacked because he was realistic and knew what he was talking about? Then they spun it that he was unambitious
Whilst that was the way it was spun, I don't think it was anything to do with style. I think it was about generating revenue via sponsorship. It worries me that sponsorship deals might be tied to Rooney's position. Hope I'm wrong.
Tilton Rifle
Whilst that was the way it was spun, I don't think it was anything to do with style. I think it was about generating revenue via sponsorship. It worries me that sponsorship deals might be tied to Rooney's position. Hope I'm wrong.

I think you are right.

And because of this we will miss out on young,astute, unknown(not famous) coaches/managers like Schumacher for example
14:20, Wed 27 Dec
Tarquin
So we think it's a given that there is a little bit of headroom financially to do something in January, but not a lot.

Clearly changing the manager will eat into , if not fully absorb that money.

You're Garry Cook

Do you

A) change the manager, at the cost of having no wiggle room in Jan...or

B) Give Wayne the dough, see what he does with his own players.

In my opinion keep the manager let him bring in a few transfers if we can, Hopefully get enough points to stay up this season, Then lets see how much our owners have got in regard to investment in the playing squad in the summer then invest in better quality players.
Again the compromise is to retain Rooney as a figure head but employ a competent coach/manager to actually train the players and pick the team. Rooney does PR the new guy does the work
14:25, Wed 27 Dec
Reedy1968
To take rooneys tenure to 20 games looking at the fixtures over the next 7 we will be lucky to get a win and a draw

A few more weeks of the current form and we are going to need someone to come in and keep us up

I hope he can turn it around and maybe wagner and co can land some decent loans

KRO

That's the thing, if we don't replace Rooney properly within a couple of weeks then we will have to get an emergency manager to save our skin again like Redknapp did.

A Warnock, Big Sam type.