14:44, Wed 27 Dec
Tilton Rifle
Whilst that was the way it was spun, I don't think it was anything to do with style. I think it was about generating revenue via sponsorship. It worries me that sponsorship deals might be tied to Rooney's position. Hope I'm wrong.

Not sure on the sponsorship deals tied bit but you are right otherwise as there was no evidence he could successfully coach that style.

It’s gone against everything they have told us so far so hopefully will correct it before it gets terminal
Inspector Montalbano
Again the compromise is to retain Rooney as a figure head but employ a competent coach/manager to actually train the players and pick the team. Rooney does PR the new guy does the work

But....Does Rooney have any 'stock' now anyway as a manager or a PR guy even? I am not so sure as both he and the club are now figures of ridicule, as is WR's personal life

I would write this season off, get an interim manager in to organise the current squad and keep us up. January money used to pay off WR and on the interim manager

Start the Project again with a new permanent long term manager in may/june 2024, albeit a year behind schedule
Another month of this shit and they’ll have no option but to execute your plan.
15:28, Wed 27 Dec
In the next five they have three games against teams in the top half. In our next five we are playing two teams in the top half.

I will agree they'll fancy Millwall and Huddersfield but Millwall and Huddersfield will be looking to get points from those games too.

I'm really not seeing anything remarkably out of the ordinary about the fixtures you're referencing.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Bordesley not Small Heath
Inspector Montalbano
Again the compromise is to retain Rooney as a figure head but employ a competent coach/manager to actually train the players and pick the team. Rooney does PR the new guy does the work

But....Does Rooney have any 'stock' now anyway as a manager or a PR guy even? I am not so sure as both he and the club are now figures of ridicule, as is WR's personal life

I would write this season off, get an interim manager in to organise the current squad and keep us up. January money used to pay off WR and on the interim manager

Start the Project again with a new permanent long term manager in may/june 2024, albeit a year behind schedule

I would say in The US, the business people the board are most likely dealing with will know who Rooney is and won't have a clue/care if we are 10th/19th or wherever in a league they have never probably heard of.

Probably like the idea of him advertising their product to 130 million people more.
El Mayor
Tarquin
So we think it's a given that there is a little bit of headroom financially to do something in January, but not a lot.

Clearly changing the manager will eat into , if not fully absorb that money.

You're Garry Cook

Do you

A) change the manager, at the cost of having no wiggle room in Jan...or

B) Give Wayne the dough, see what he does with his own players.

I honestly believe a short term replacement would be dumb cos we’d have to replace them again in the summer. This does not fit in with what they want to achieve;

But if where you want to get to isn't working with your desired methods, they (the owners) will have to change. Sometimes in life you don't get what you want immediately, if at all.

Their impatience has already caused this mess. The more i think about it the more i worry that these owners aren't very 'measured' at all. All heart and no head. If they throw money at Rooney in January then to me it's clear they have lost the plot

If the owners aren't careful they will continue to shoot themselves in foot and ruin this for themselves
we need to seperate the owners from Cook who's an employee.

the owners (rightly) trusted their new CEO who has an excellent CV, its looking like he's made a mistake, i'm sure it will be corrected before it gets too late
El Mayor
Tarquin
So we think it's a given that there is a little bit of headroom financially to do something in January, but not a lot.

You're Garry Cook

Do you

I honestly believe a short term replacement would be dumb cos we’d have to replace them again in the summer. This does not fit in with what they want to achieve;

But if where you want to get to isn't working with your desired methods, they (the owners) will have to change. Sometimes in life you don't get what you want immediately, if at all.

Their impatience has already caused this mess. The more i think about it the more i worry that these owners aren't very 'measured' at all. All heart and no head. If they throw money at Rooney in January then to me it's clear they have lost the plot

If the owners aren't careful they will continue to shoot themselves in foot and ruin this for themselves

Assumptions mate. What you think and what they think may be two very different things. Remember that.
17:07, Wed 27 Dec
Why they decided to give Rooney and his back room staff, all mediocre, inexperienced and unproven, 3 year contracts on more money than Eustace was getting is beyond me. For me that was the first red flag.

In terms of the question posed, it’s tricky. I’d sack him straightaway if it was that simple, but given the stupid contracts they’re on and paying them off, I fear we’re stuck with them regardless. So that means option 2 reluctantly.

Plus cook was clapping our performance yesterday so he’s obviously happy atm. God knows how but he is. That tells me Wayne is not getting binned any time soon.
KES
17:10, Wed 27 Dec
El Mayor
El Mayor
Tarquin

You're Garry Cook

Do you

Assumptions mate. What you think and what they think may be two very different things. Remember that.

It’s not really an assumption. No amount of light shows and fireworks can change the fact that they made an incredibly stupid decision appointing a head coach on the basis of this celebrity rather than any kind of proven track record.

That’s on cook and Wagner. Not on the fans, just like it wasn’t our fault or decision to get rid of Rowett for Zola back in 16.

Incredible incompetence tbh. Borderline impressive how bad a decision it has been.

They have pretty much an open stadium now and no chance of filling it.

Great job.
17:22, Wed 27 Dec
Give Rooney a couple or 3 of his own players in Jan

Hope we dont get embroiled in a relegation battle

Have a very serious conversation in April with Wagner about possible alternative managers who are better than Wayne Rooney
17:45, Wed 27 Dec
NouCamp

Have a very serious conversation in April with Wagner about possible alternative managers who are better than Wayne Rooney

I understand what you’re saying, but do coaches get to sign who they want? Isn’t it the Technical Director who decides these things?

I’m surprised that Craig G has evaded criticism throughout this whole debacle.
17:49, Wed 27 Dec
As far as I’m aware Gardner has had little to no say in the JE sacking or WR hiring it’s all been Cook.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:52, Wed 27 Dec
Tbf I think he meant his recruitment and the players we bought, rather than the managerial change.
17:55, Wed 27 Dec
turley
NouCamp

I understand what you’re saying, but do coaches get to sign who they want? Isn’t it the Technical Director who decides these things?

I’m surprised that Craig G has evaded criticism throughout this whole debacle.

I dont care who signs them but make sure they are suited to the Rooney gameplan, plqyers he can work with/his players....moot point