08:07, Sat 24 Feb
I hope people remember my "This is Birmingham" Spotify playlist, which people on SHA helped me with suggestions for:

[open.spotify.com]
08:12, Sat 24 Feb
Blimey ... shooting into the top six (or is this strictly for bands ?)

Apache Indian has sold over 11 million albums worldwide.
08:15, Sat 24 Feb
Judas Priest
08:17, Sat 24 Feb
I hope people remember my "This is Birmingham" Spotify playlist, which people on SHA helped me with suggestions for:

[open.spotify.com]

My biggest argument with that list is the absence of "Welcome To The Monkey House" - Animal Magnet ... which was Number 1 in the Birmingham charts for months - played at every venue, party and event in Birmingham (even now) ... and hardly anyone has even heard of it outside Brum/West Midlands - as you can tell from the comments in the YouTube link

Probably the biggest ever "Brum Only" hit

08:18, Sat 24 Feb
Judas Priest

you haven't read the thread have you !!

😛😛😛
08:20, Sat 24 Feb
Course I effing haven’t. Do I look like an idiot?
08:20, Sat 24 Feb
Course I effing haven’t. Do I look like an idiot?

thought you may have to see if Wilko were mentioned anywhere -- ooops, there you go
Haircut1000

[open.spotify.com]

💪🏿
08:39, Sat 24 Feb
Say it every time, the answer is Felt.
08:42, Sat 24 Feb
Seeing Lawrence in September
08:47, Sat 24 Feb
Enjoy! His newer stuff doesn't really grab me as much if I'm honest but he's a true one off and the "10 albums/10 singles then break up" should be a mandatory maximum for any band/ artist.
08:50, Sat 24 Feb
Fashion and Au Pairs.
08:52, Sat 24 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
For such a big city we aren't well served by local bands
Compared to Manchester,Liverpool and London etc we're not very good

Possibly the worst ever take on this website.

Brum has the most diverse and longest influence on global music of any city I can think of apart from Seattle. Manchester had Britpop for a while? Liverpool had the Beatles and that’s about it really.

The amount of wide ranging globally famous genre defining bands from this city is absurd.

100%, one of the biggest myths out there.
08:53, Sat 24 Feb
There no Napalm Death
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
08:55, Sat 24 Feb
The two lads who started napalm back in 81 where from Meriden but they really got going in 87 and that was with Mick, Barney and Shane who were all from Brum.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.