11:49, Sat 24 Feb
No competition - ELO obvs. I do like UB40, though they aren't in the same league.
Up the feckin Blues
11:53, Sat 24 Feb
Rags
Seeing Lawrence in September

Have either you or Number8 seen the film 'Lawrence of Belgravia' ?.. well worth watching for fans

Just "thirding" the correct answer is, indeed, Felt
12:09, Sat 24 Feb
Wired and teary
For such a big city we aren't well served by local bands
Compared to Manchester,Liverpool and London etc we're not very good

Beatles apart Iverpool hasn’t produced much in the way of internationally renowned artists. Lots of bands with mediocre success but on the whole very overrated because of the Fab4 who

[theguideliverpool.com]

Birmingham and the West Midlands can more than hold its own with any area of the country.

Manchester has produced much more than Liverpool although lays claim to quite a few from a good few miles from the city.

For the size of London it’s really not produced as much as it should have.
12:11, Sat 24 Feb
every days a school day, i didn't frequent Brum much as i couldn't stand the beer,(one massive vat under new street that all the bars and clubs would share) i did know about Steven Duffy tho. when i did go to town it was mostly Bogart's to be fair.
12:25, Sat 24 Feb
Harvey Andrews,AKA jimmy singer. quality..
12:36, Sat 24 Feb
Miamivice
Almost as absurd as The Steps comparison.

1st album aside it's the truth. All there biggest hits have been covers, hence why they are all bankrupt.
Neil Diamond must love them.
12:42, Sat 24 Feb
Largely disagree with all of this. Commercial success isn't a marker for how good a cities music scene is. Liverpool has had some great bands that don't get the recognition they deserve: The La's (other than There She Goes), Shack, Teardrop Explodes, Wah, Echo and the Bunnymen, etc, etc.
12:45, Sat 24 Feb
ClarkOut
Largely disagree with all of this. Commercial success isn't a marker for how good a cities music scene is. Liverpool has had some great bands that don't get the recognition they deserve: The La's (other than There She Goes), Shack, Teardrop Explodes, Wah, Echo and the Bunnymen, etc, etc.

Add the lightening seeds, cast, Christians, OMD
12:47, Sat 24 Feb
Coftonblue
every days a school day, i didn't frequent Brum much as i couldn't stand the beer,(one massive vat under new street that all the bars and clubs would share) i did know about Steven Duffy tho. when i did go to town it was mostly Bogart's to be fair.

And the Golden Eagle?
12:47, Sat 24 Feb
obvs
12:53, Sat 24 Feb
The only Moody Blues song I ever really liked was Go Now. I’d have that over night in white satin, which always evokes Hugh Hefner or ghastly things like that.
12:54, Sat 24 Feb
Kennels
ClarkOut

Add the lightening seeds, cast, Christians, OMD

Don’t forget The Lotus Eaters.
First picture of you, my favourite tune
13:03, Sat 24 Feb
When UB40 were one band not split in 2 they were excellent live.
But my question is if it is based on album sales surely Duran Duran must be the winner.
13:11, Sat 24 Feb
Showing my age - The Fortunes
13:34, Sat 24 Feb
When UB40 were one band not split in 2 they were excellent live an average cabaret band doing karaoke .

Fixed that for you

I mean you either like, enjoy and appreciate reggae or you like UB40 ... you can't do both

I mean .. let's take Sabbath ... Judas Priest etc ... not my sort of music at all and i could barely name you 4 songs ..... but i DO appreciate that they were good at what they do