13:46, Sat 24 Feb
Seeing Lawrence in September

Have either you or Number8 seen the film 'Lawrence of Belgravia' ?.. well worth watching for fans

Yes. Great film.
13:48, Sat 24 Feb
Largely disagree with all of this. Commercial success isn't a marker for how good a cities music scene is. Liverpool has had some great bands that don't get the recognition they deserve: The La's (other than There She Goes), Shack, Teardrop Explodes, Wah, Echo and the Bunnymen, etc, etc.

Julian Cope. Tamworth boy.
13:50, Sat 24 Feb
There must be thousands with a fondness for The Quads
G
14:00, Sat 24 Feb
Obviously ELO
14:09, Sat 24 Feb
G
Mike Sheridan & The Nightriders.
14:11, Sat 24 Feb
Spencer Davis Group better than both.
14:13, Sat 24 Feb
Just skimmed through but haven't seen any mention of Steve Winwood, apart from Rag's Traffic commendation. A musician of longevity in numerous bands and guises
14:22, Sat 24 Feb
Handsworth Revolution has to be the most important album by a Birmingham band?

Disclaimer: I'll claiming Led Zep as a Worcestershire band otherwise Led Zep 2 would've got it.

Say what you like about UB40. 'File' was a great piece of work before they became a covers band.

Not much mention of OCS but they must've had huge sales
14:26, Sat 24 Feb

Not much mention of OCS but they must've had huge sales

1.8 million albums

Apache Indian ... 11 million album sales, to put it in perspective
14:33, Sat 24 Feb
Wow! Staggering
14:38, Sat 24 Feb
That's tight on the "like reggae or UB40".

The first album's great and so is Earth Dies Screaming 12".

However, yes, dreck after that and there's no dispute Steel Pulse are the superior band. Saw SP at a festival last year and they were superb even now.
14:45, Sat 24 Feb
That's tight on the "like reggae or UB40".

The first album's great and so is Earth Dies Screaming 12".

However, yes, dreck after that and there's no dispute Steel Pulse are the superior band. Saw SP at a festival last year and they were superb even now.

Yes, sorry, i made that clear earlier in the thread nothing wrong with UB40 until that point -
14:47, Sat 24 Feb
Fair does, mate
14:49, Sat 24 Feb
ClarkOut
Largely disagree with all of this. Commercial success isn't a marker for how good a cities music scene is. Liverpool has had some great bands that don't get the recognition they deserve: The La's (other than There She Goes), Shack, Teardrop Explodes, Wah, Echo and the Bunnymen, etc, etc.
You missed out the best 1 A Flock of Seagulls!!
15:03, Sat 24 Feb
newblue
The only Moody Blues song I ever really liked was Go Now. I’d have that over night in white satin, which always evokes Hugh Hefner or ghastly things like that.

My nickname is “Moody” from Moody Blues, and with Blues having the 5th most losses in English League history, I’m usually moody.

Magnum is my call for a top Brummy Rock band
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home