08:57, Sat 24 Feb
Haircut1000
I hope people remember my "This is Birmingham" Spotify playlist, which people on SHA helped me with suggestions for:

[open.spotify.com]

Some great stuff on there. Tried to listen (and hopefully download) to that in the Spotify app this morning but couldn't find 'This is Birmingham' in the Spotify search engine. Anyone advise on what I'm doing wrong, please? TIA
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men, for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work together for the benefit of all".
J.M. Keynes.
09:08, Sat 24 Feb
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:12, Sat 24 Feb
The streets
09:18, Sat 24 Feb
The Nightingales
09:18, Sat 24 Feb
Whilst only young, so not right for this thread, I recommend giving Overpass a listen if you like your indie.
10:26, Sat 24 Feb
Rags
I hope people remember my "This is Birmingham" Spotify playlist, which people on SHA helped me with suggestions for:

[open.spotify.com]

My biggest argument with that list is the absence of "Welcome To The Monkey House" - Animal Magnet ... which was Number 1 in the Birmingham charts for months - played at every venue, party and event in Birmingham (even now) ... and hardly anyone has even heard of it outside Brum/West Midlands - as you can tell from the comments in the YouTube link

Probably the biggest ever "Brum Only" hit

Ive not heard this before but i do think it would make a great terrace song, welcome to the Mowbery house
10:55, Sat 24 Feb

Ive not heard this before but i do think it would make a great terrace song, welcome to the Mowbery house

Is that Cofton down by Dawlish ? ... if so this sort of proves my point about it being massive massive massive in Brum and unknown elsewhere - genuine question that.

I'd LOVE it if they played it down Blues at full volume after a win - i don't think they realise how mental Brummies go for this - it's an anthem to everyone under about 65
10:59, Sat 24 Feb
Rags

Is that Cofton down by Dawlish ? ... if so this sort of proves my point about it being massive massive massive in Brum and unknown elsewhere - genuine question that.
Cofton Hackett in Brum. ive led a shelterd life.
11:02, Sat 24 Feb
Rags

Apologies - but happy to introduce it to you.

At places like Snobs and Faces in the 80s they'd play it 3 or 4 or 5 times a night - usually followed by Stephen Tin Tin Duffy's Kiss Me (1982 version - not the Art of Noise remix from 1985) (He was lead vocalist with Duran Duran before Fat Boy Le Bon appeared on the scene)
11:15, Sat 24 Feb
Shocked that nobody has mentioned Godflesh yet.
11:29, Sat 24 Feb
Seeing Lawrence in September

Have either you or Number8 seen the film 'Lawrence of Belgravia' ?.. well worth watching for fans
11:33, Sat 24 Feb
philly_bluenose
ELO!

but The Moody Blues beat both?

moody blues used to come round my house ,when i was a kid.
11:38, Sat 24 Feb
Rags
Rags

Apologies - but happy to introduce it to you.

At places like Snobs and Faces in the 80s they'd play it 3 or 4 or 5 times a night - usually followed by Stephen Tin Tin Duffy's Kiss Me (1982 version - not the Art of Noise remix from 1985) (He was lead vocalist with Duran Duran before Fat Boy Le Bon appeared on the scene)

Remember it well being played in snobs, also at The swan At Yardley. Everyone would go nuts to it
11:45, Sat 24 Feb
The move with the original 5 members were top notch,Ace kefford left and then Trevor Burton, once Jeff Lynne joined they went away very quickly, the move quickly became ELO which was the brainchild of Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood.
11:49, Sat 24 Feb
Would love to but I havent yet, can't find it on streaming anywhere.