16:27, Fri 3 Nov
The story

The new record. I love this video

16:37, Fri 3 Nov
Somehow they’ve managed to make music duller than all of their other stuff.
Tam
16:43, Fri 3 Nov
As a standalone, by someone else, this would be an OK song. It's certainly also-ran compared with some of their absolute classics. As a piece of musical history, it's nice to hear it as a fan, and the video is very evocative. You can hear the Lennon influence (and, honestly, I wasn't so much of a fan of his compositions) and a there's a quite a few Wilbury-type chord progressions in there.
Make Blues Great Again
16:54, Fri 3 Nov
Tam
There'll be people who'd decided it was crap and people who'd decided it was a work of genius long before they ever heard it. I think it's an OK song, probably better than I was expecting. It's not going on any of my Spotify playlists though.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
16:56, Fri 3 Nov
the story is better than the single
Tam
17:01, Fri 3 Nov
Barking Poslethwaite
There'll be people who'd decided it was crap and people who'd decided it was a work of genius long before they ever heard it. I think it's an OK song, probably better than I was expecting. It's not going on any of my Spotify playlists though.

Yes, I think you're right. It's OK, but probably not quite as good as I'd hoped for, honestly. The production is a bit overblown for me, but it's been a technological marvel, apparently, separating Lennon's voice from the noise on the original tape. Especially if it was Yoko.
Make Blues Great Again
17:17, Fri 3 Nov
Tam
If it had been a great song Lennon would have completed it and released it in the 1970s.
Real Life And Free As a Bird weren't great either.

It's a hook to sell a lot more copies or the rereleased Red & Blue Albums. It's doing a good job of that.

They have rereleased everything a few times now so it needs something to draw people in.

The technology to separate voices and instruments that were recorded on one track is more interesting than the song.

It's mostly stuff before the mid 1960s that may actually benefit from a clean up and remaster.
It might be interesting to hear some Phil Spector produced records with the wall of sound retracked. I'm sure some of them will be better and some worse. Others just a bit different.
17:18, Fri 3 Nov
Tilton Rifle
The story

The new record. I love this video

I was reading an interview with Mick Jagger - sounds like they have enough back catalogue to keep themselves going until him and Keith pass 150 😁.

I know people love to tell us how boring the Beatles are. Each to their own and all that. Personally loved their poppy stuff which I don’t think was boring at all. They were also undeniably hugely influential in popular music and are the icons of British working class culture. Long live the Fab Four say I, though it probably helped to be around at the time.
17:24, Fri 3 Nov
Tam
If I speak...πŸ˜‰
17:33, Fri 3 Nov
I loved Free as a Bird and Real Love (especially).

I think that the Get Back doc and now this new record/video are amazing.

Long live the Beatles.
Tam
17:34, Fri 3 Nov
number8
If I speak...πŸ˜‰

Stick to yer hip hop. πŸ˜›
Make Blues Great Again
17:44, Fri 3 Nov
It's kind of beyond critique really. More about the story of squeezing out a final Beatles composition from beyond the grave.

I enjoyed the story and found it quite moving as a gullible old romantic, but the music of the band has been important to me from a toddler.

Finally, although Number 8 is not only one of the all time greats on here, but also one of the all time greats in real life,but he don't half talk bollocks about The Beatles.
17:48, Fri 3 Nov
Yeah my eyes were watering a bit too.
Tam
17:54, Fri 3 Nov
Tarquin
It's kind of beyond critique really. More about the story of squeezing out a final Beatles composition from beyond the grave.

I enjoyed the story and found it quite moving as a gullible old romantic, but the music of the band has been important to me from a toddler.

Finally, although Number 8 is not only one of the all time greats on here, but also one of the all time greats in real life,but he don't half talk bollocks about The Beatles.

I haven't met number 8 in real life, but I can well imagine that he's a really good 'un, apart from that major, and frankly appalling, character flaw that you mentioned. 😁

Apparently it got got 1.3 billion plays in 3 hours. Someone on a guitar forum that I haunt made this observation: 'That is a great video - everyone would love to make a video with footage of them messing about with their mates from younger times. RIP John and George.'
Make Blues Great Again
17:57, Fri 3 Nov
Tam
"The Beatles were just four guys that loved each other. That's all they'll ever be."

Ringo Starr