It was more a stab at Lennon, who had been considered the radical one, so McCartney thought he'd out-do him.

It was interesting what they did when the Beatles split tho. Lennon went deeper into experimentalism, McCartney back to the rock & roll roots, Harrison splurged in frustration all the material that John & Paul had turned down, and Starr did an album for his mom.
Barking Poslethwaite
There'll be people who'd decided it was crap and people who'd decided it was a work of genius long before they ever heard it. I think it's an OK song, probably better than I was expecting. It's not going on any of my Spotify playlists though.

Yeah, about this, listenable. I was never a Beatles fan tbf - whilst acknowledging what a huge band they were in the history of music and the cultural effect they had.
Up the feckin Blues
08:11, Sat 4 Nov
My first music hero was Marc Bolan,then David Bowie,then Punk came along. I went to watch the Clash at Stafford,the support that night was the Buzzcocks and "The best effing band in the world" The Jam.I loved Punk and New wave. After The Jam disbanded,that was it really until the Manchester scene erupted. Inspiral Carpets,Shed Seven,Stone Roses,Oasis.I also like The Levellers,The Christians and even Louis Armstrong.
08:17, Sat 4 Nov
You're both far too kind 😁

There was obvs a little bit of tongue in cheek there, and I assume Spike swam past the bait as he's with you two.

For the record I do not hate the Beatles, its just I only really like one song of theirs - Rain, where to be fair they appeared to invent Indie for 3 minutes in 1966 then go off down other long and winding roads I had no intention of following them down.

For some reason I am like that with all those 60's UK bands - Stones, Who, Small Faces - where I like the odd song but I have never found a whole album of any of them I could listen to start to finish.

The big exception is The Kinks who I love and where I think I see/identify with Ray Davies like others do with Lennon, Jagger, Townsend etc.

Whereas there are loads of US bands from the 60's I adore, I can't explain why.

I also made a pledge a few years back to stop being a musical fascist and rather than criticise peoples taste, it's much better to be enthusiastic about what you like and live and let live for everyone else. The music mags I buy are the same now - they don't do take down reviews of new albums anymore, they just cover ones that the reviewers like to try and get more people into stuff, rather than deride what others listen to.

And I am not going to break that pledge by mentioning the absolute steaming pile of dog turd that was Queen.

D'oh!
08:32, Sat 4 Nov
Of all of them the Kinks and the Animals were the only ones I can really listen to. Apart from the odd track, just not bothered about the Stones, Beatles etc.
Up the feckin Blues
It’s a bit meh I think. Not terrible, but what’s the point of it?

Doesn’t add anything to their songbook, they don’t need the money.

🤷🏻‍♂️
For the fans, I'd imagine (sorry) it's pretty amazing.
Up the feckin Blues
09:13, Sat 4 Nov
Louie Donowa
Watching him strumming the bass repeatedly until plucking the song Get Back out of thin air in 5 mins on the documentary was mind blowing.

All whilst George and Ringo yawned and scratched their beards like they'd seen it a thousand times before..

That was jaw dropping. The creative genius at work there twisted my melon. That song was going nowhere and McCartney obviously decided it was time to stop pissing about so he did...whilst ignoring Lennon and Harrison's unhelpful heckling.

Get Back is fascinating.

I can well see why Paul got on the others' tits because he was so relentlessly wheedling and such a busy bugger.

There again you couldn't help feeling that without his pushing nothing would have got done.

Harrison was just a sulking child and Lennon was just off his face and too busy mugging up for Yoko. Ringo was nice, professional, but mostly confused.

The scenes where Billy Preston turned up and pulled them all together with his positivity were beautiful.

The new song is OK. It's eerie to hear John's voice but I don't really think of it as a Beatles song. Nothing special.
09:19, Sat 4 Nov
number8
There was obvs a little bit of tongue in cheek there, and I assume Spike swam past the bait as he's with you two.

Yep. I try not to let it affect my affection and respect for your all round coolness.

Not gonna lie, sometimes it's tough.
09:43, Sat 4 Nov
TheBlueNation

🤷🏻‍♂️

Clearly means something to Paul and Ringo.
09:54, Sat 4 Nov
Tilton Rifle
TheBlueNation

🤷🏻‍♂️

Clearly means something to Paul and Ringo.

Wondering why though?
09:57, Sat 4 Nov
Finishing a song that two dead friends had worked on?
12:42, Sat 4 Nov

I think it always rankled with Paul that he had wanted to finish this song as part of the Anthology project and George vetoed it.

They are reissuing the 'Red' and 'Blue' compilations from the 1970s with the tracks remixed using the AI 'de-mix' technology. Most of the tracks on the 'Blue' album have already been reissued in box sets so the new single (and some other tracks not previously on the compilation) have been added to make it more marketable. The 'Red' album doesn't so much need that boost as those tracks haven't been heard in remix form yet.
12:47, Sat 4 Nov
lowercaser

I think it always rankled with Paul that he had wanted to finish this song as part of the Anthology project and George vetoed it.

They are reissuing the 'Red' and 'Blue' compilations from the 1970s with the tracks remixed using the AI 'de-mix' technology. Most of the tracks on the 'Blue' album have already been reissued in box sets so the new single (and some other tracks not previously on the compilation) have been added to make it more marketable. The 'Red' album doesn't so much need that boost as those tracks haven't been heard in remix form yet.

Now this, on the other hand, is just using new technology to milk more money?
Up the feckin Blues
12:53, Sat 4 Nov
Think Weller was influenced by the Beatles. Now and Then sounds a bit dreary to me.