17:57, Fri 3 Nov
Tam
He is a really good un, Tam, with generally impeccable music taste but he rips my heart out and stamps on it in front of my face laughing with this.
Tam
18:07, Fri 3 Nov
Tarquin
He is a really good un, Tam, with generally impeccable music taste but he rips my heart out and stamps on it in front of my face laughing with this.

The absolute brute.
Make Blues Great Again
18:11, Fri 3 Nov
I wanted this to be a work of genius. It’s okay. I think it would make a decent Bond movie theme. You can certainly hear Jeff Lynne’s influence, but I’m not certain if that makes it feel a little bit more ELO than Beatles.
18:13, Fri 3 Nov
ELO are very Beatles though aren't they?
18:21, Fri 3 Nov
Jeff Lynne was obsessed with The Beatles
18:26, Fri 3 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
Somehow they’ve managed to make music duller than all of their other stuff.

Controversial but,i think they're one of the most over rated bands ever,along with Queen.
Tam
18:27, Fri 3 Nov
Tarquin
Jeff Lynne was obsessed with The Beatles

Imagine getting to play in a band with George Harrison. For a Beatles fan, that much have been out of this world. Throw Tom Petty, Bob Dylan and Roy Orbison into the mix, and that's a fair old band you could do the Stoke on Trent Working Men's Club scene with. As long as you didn't interfere with the bingo.
Make Blues Great Again
18:30, Fri 3 Nov
My idiot eureka (c Frank skinner) was only realising about a year ago that the name is a pun on Beat and Beetle.
Tam
Homer
Tom TheProject Brady

Controversial but,i think they're one of the most over rated bands ever,along with Queen.

Each to their own, I suppose, but I don't think that there are many that would agree, simply because both bands were excellent musically and creatively. I don't even think that it's a point that can be argued, which isn't the same as liking them or not liking them, of course. I'm not a fan of Queen, but they were a superb and very talented band.
Make Blues Great Again
Homer
Tom TheProject Brady

🤣
Depends what era Queen you mean. 80s, I agree.

But I can’t see how you can overrate the legendary 1972-77 Queen. The singer from the Hollywood brats would doubtless disagree.
18:32, Fri 3 Nov
It’s ok, the title gives a clue to how often I’ll probably listen to it.
Tuned in just before 2pm yesterday to hear it, and tbh, wasn’t expecting that much anyway- I’d heard the demo tape before so had an idea of the standard of the song (Harrison apparently referred to the demo as ‘crap’ )or ‘rubbish’, when working on it back in the 90s.

Just before they played it, they played ‘From Me to You’, which was great; from a time when they were young, fab and, well, brilliant.
18:34, Fri 3 Nov
Osterberg

But I can’t see how you can overrate the legendary 1972-77 Queen. The singer from the Hollywood brats would doubtless disagree.

Killer Queen is the only one i really like tbh. Bohemian Rhapsody was obviously brilliant but,when it comes on the radio now,i turn it off.
18:36, Fri 3 Nov
Homer
Osterberg

Killer Queen is the only one i really like tbh. Bohemian Rhapsody was obviously brilliant but,when it comes on the radio now,i turn it off.

Actually I agree. I can only listen to Bohemian Rhapsody when I play A Night At The Opera and not when anyone else forces it on me.
Was already fed up of this shite yesterday