20:24, Sat 18 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m fine with it mate but I’m nuts. The journey has just started. My optimism is high

I’m surprised you’re fine with it, if we were still under TTA and they sacked JE for Rooney I think you’d be giving him a much harder time.
Isn’t the key that we’re not with TTA, hence me being fine. I’d have done anything to have these owners 9 months back. We’ve got them. I’m ecstatic and not judging Rooney on 5 games I thought we’d go winless in anyway.

Prefacing this by saying I’m absolutely over the moon with Knighthead as owners, they’re absolutely ace.

I’m just surprised you’re so fine with what Rooney has served up so far. You were critical of JE at times this season (rightly in my opinion) and we’ve been evidently far worse under WR so far, early days of course but the drop off has been quite alarming to me.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:25, Sat 18 Nov
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m fine with it mate but I’m nuts. The journey has just started. My optimism is high

I’m surprised you’re fine with it, if we were still under TTA and they sacked JE for Rooney I think you’d be giving him a much harder time.

There’s plenty on here who would be fine with it if Rooney got us relegated
20:29, Sat 18 Nov
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

Isn’t the key that we’re not with TTA, hence me being fine. I’d have done anything to have these owners 9 months back. We’ve got them. I’m ecstatic and not judging Rooney on 5 games I thought we’d go winless in anyway.

Prefacing this by saying I’m absolutely over the moon with Knighthead as owners, they’re absolutely ace.

I’m just surprised you’re so fine with what Rooney has served up so far. You were critical of JE at times this season (rightly in my opinion) and we’ve been evidently far worse under WR so far, early days of course but the drop off has been quite alarming to me.
I’ve not really criticised Eustace this season. Last season I did after November. It was dross. I trust these owners to act if performances stay as they are.
And I’ll give them plenty of time to get a system in place that will see all teams playing the same way
Tony Fantastico
20:32, Sat 18 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

Who are these mythical people?
Name ‘em….
Tony Fantastico
10:30, Sun 19 Nov
Tam
Tam
Rab C Nesbitt
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

Yes, that's it. The fact that we have these owners is cause for celebration. I'm not convinced that Rooney is right or even that the decision and it's timing was right, but if it's wrong, I have no doubt that it will be fixed. If it's right, well, we all win as well.

Exactly where I am.
10:46, Sun 19 Nov
Of course these owners are a cause for celebration, they’re absolutely ace.

They’re clearly not faultless though, and imo should be held accountable for when their decisions (so far) backfire as badly as the stats in this article show.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:48, Sun 19 Nov
I mentioned a few of these stats the other week.

I’m fine with Rooney having time etc, agree with the notion that we have to let him establish his style, my main gripe has been that we haven’t embedded any style, we have used at least 4 styles in 5 games and have made zero progress, it was only two games ago we went 451 with Juke up front.

In summary, it’s hard to get behind ‘it’ when we can’t see what ‘it’ is, the five games to date have been wasted and we’ve looked badly coached and badly organised. A big few games ahead.
Happy Clapper
10:53, Sun 19 Nov
Super Hans

They’re clearly not faultless though, and imo should be held accountable for when their decisions (so far) backfire as badly as the stats in this article show.
Not being a smart arse but how do we hold them to account?
Tony Fantastico
Tam
11:11, Sun 19 Nov
I don’t think that there’s any harm in voicing opinions to them that some decisions are wrong, or at least unpopular. It’s what any customer base would do with their providers, to put it coldly, although we all know that football supporters go way beyond being ‘customers’.

We can still offer support even if we (or some) don’t like the decision - after all, I don’t think that its too much of an exaggeration to say that they rescued us, at least from a continuing state of hopelessness, with no future to look forward to.

Honestly? It’s shaken my enthusiasm short term because I was hoping for evolutionary progression this season and I think we were on the way there. Many would agree that the timing was unfortunate and the way that they sacked Eustace wasn’t to the standards that they set for themselves. As ever, though, it’s the replacement that either gets criticism or plaudits and I can’t really see anything in Rooney that suggests that he will be a success, managerial speaking. I don’t mind saying this, because I want to be the first to joyfully say that I was wrong. Very wrong.

I think that it’s a wrong step, but a) what do I know? b) it will work out in the end, I’m sure and c) they’ve got enough goodwill in the bank to not get everything right anyway, albeit performances on the pitch are pretty important for the mood of us punters.
Make Blues Great Again
11:15, Sun 19 Nov
Le Mod
I mentioned a few of these stats the other week.

I’m fine with Rooney having time etc, agree with the notion that we have to let him establish his style, my main gripe has been that we haven’t embedded any style, we have used at least 4 styles in 5 games and have made zero progress, it was only two games ago we went 451 with Juke up front.

In summary, it’s hard to get behind ‘it’ when we can’t see what ‘it’ is, the five games to date have been wasted and we’ve looked badly coached and badly organised. A big few games ahead.

Totally agree, I think when Rooney look back he'll admit he made a couple of mistakes. I still maintain that Eustace would not have got many more points out of the same set of fixtures.

The first half v Ipswich and glimpses in other games still fill me with enough belief that we are (slowly) going in the right direction
11:23, Sun 19 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

Is that like the people who are happy when we lose?
11:42, Sun 19 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

I much preferred your old man George. He was far more rational.
11:56, Sun 19 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Super Hans

Not being a smart arse but how do we hold them to account?

Taking 'held to account' as a figure of speech, I think it would be nice if we were able to have grown up conversations on forums like this and be able to offer constructive criticism of the owner's decision making without this being treated as if it were some sort of act of heresy which in turn means that the person being criticial must be a) a bed-wetter b) a vile fan c) not 'proper blues' d) in the same category as somebody shouting unpleasant, profane abuse directly at a person IRL inside the stadium.

There are different categories of decisions that the club can make in terms of the effect they can have on the club's standing, long-term plans and consequently the fans and how they feel. For example -

A) At one end of the scale is changing the colour of the corner flags to one that the fans don't appreciate.

B) At the other end of the scale is sacking a manager who for once was getting a tune out of our bargain bin group of misfits and crocks (no offence meant to our players, but you know). Bringing in a replacement who has a whole world of issues and baggage trailing along behind him, has a poor managerial record, is a fledgling manager at this level and only has one/two redeeming features which is that he was an outstanding, world-class player in the past and hence grabs headlines (but this is a double-edged sword). Add to this a similarly expensive backroom team with big names but also aren't very good. For good measure throw in a bunch of very poorly thought-out public statements to accompany the manager change and a publicly stated mission to alter the footballing philosophy from top to bottom based upon very ambitious principles which will be expensive and difficult to achieve for a club like ours.

So bearing in mind that they went for the big 'un (option B) then there is plenty to talk about and chew over on discussion forums (to hold them to account for, as it were), because the ramifications of a decision like that will set the tone for how it feels to be a supporter of Blues for a very long time. They should have known this when they made that decision, now WE (as fans) have to live with the consequences. To be told by your fellow fans that you should not be allowed to express your honest opinion on this decision and the ramifications of it, without being cast as some sort of outcast or supporter of our arch-rivals is precisely why there is talk of the fan base being split.

Many people are angry that they made such an idiotic decision when the best way to avoid such an error was just to have a working knowledge of the club's recent history (IE the Zola incident), a decent grasp of the nature of the playing squad (generally not capable of this new style and prone to injury in some cases) and an understanding about why the club can't afford/is not allowed to replace the whole squad with an upgraded version of itself overnight. In other words, how could the owners NOT be aware of these things? Or put another way, WTF have they gone and done and why?

If the answer is 'because they're ambitious' then as seasoned businessmen they should know that blind ambition without a concrete, well-thought out plan usually leads to failure. To come full circle back to your question, perhaps some people at the club actually look at fan forums occasionally and perhaps this is one way of 'holding them to account' - IE - they can't hide from the truth and nobody can pretend that its 'just abuse' when it's clearly not.
12:04, Sun 19 Nov
Tam
Tam
I don’t think that there’s any harm in voicing opinions to them that some decisions are wrong, or at least unpopular. It’s what any customer base would do with their providers, to put it coldly, although we all know that football supporters go way beyond being ‘customers’.

We can still offer support even if we (or some) don’t like the decision - after all, I don’t think that its too much of an exaggeration to say that they rescued us, at least from a continuing state of hopelessness, with no future to look forward to.

Honestly? It’s shaken my enthusiasm short term because I was hoping for evolutionary progression this season and I think we were on the way there. Many would agree that the timing was unfortunate and the way that they sacked Eustace wasn’t to the standards that they set for themselves. As ever, though, it’s the replacement that either gets criticism or plaudits and I can’t really see anything in Rooney that suggests that he will be a success, managerial speaking. I don’t mind saying this, because I want to be the first to joyfully say that I was wrong. Very wrong.

I think that it’s a wrong step, but a) what do I know? b) it will work out in the end, I’m sure and c) they’ve got enough goodwill in the bank to not get everything right anyway, albeit performances on the pitch are pretty important for the mood of us punters.

Yep, agree with this point.

• It’s no harm voicing your opinion on the matter, whether you agree or disagree with what the club has done and if you are Pro or anti Rooney.

• We can criticise the club’s decision and still support the club.

• Despite how it all happened, no one really wants Rooney to fail, albeit it has been a very poor start. We all didn’t like the way Eustace was sacked, but we know at some point they wanted their own manager, although I disagreed that they done it in that manner (giving Eustace a whole summer transfer and preseason if they were going to sack him, wanting Rooney since the summer and just waited from him to finish the MLS Season to get the job, regardless of what Eustace done)

• Time is needed, but performance needs to be better.

• 1 point out of possible 15 and falling from 6th to 18th in a space of a month is bad, no matter the context or circumstance.

• Next few games are winnable, but it’ll be very damming if we can’t beat teams like Sheffield Wednesday or Rotherham United.

• Rooney can either be a success or a failure like Zola, only time will tell. January transfer window will be a big test on the club and him, signings need to be higher quality and improve the team (getting players that’d fit Rooney’s style of football), but I fear that be difficult giving FFP and other obstacles.
12:07, Sun 19 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Iain_Gavin
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt

Who are these mythical people?
Name ‘em….