15:11, Tue 21 Nov
You can't accuse somebody of not understanding football because they don't choose to solely believe stats, many of which can often be interpreted however you want to use them.
15:12, Tue 21 Nov
My guess is it was more for the insults.
15:13, Tue 21 Nov

Aaaaw - you mean determined counter-arguments ?
15:13, Tue 21 Nov
newblue
And continued lies. It’s just easier sometimes
Tony Fantastico
15:15, Tue 21 Nov
You can't accuse somebody of not understanding football because they don't choose to solely believe stats, many of which can often be interpreted however you want to use them.

Normally i wouldn't - but when they consistently post views which are the opposite of what actually happened one has to question something.

Let's put it down to a blinkered skewed view then, rather than "not understanding"
Tam
15:16, Tue 21 Nov
Le Mod
It's all just guesswork innit, we we're buoyant, confident, coming off 2 wins and settled as a team with Dembele back fit and firing, so I'd have hoped/expected for a fair few points, especially given we were playing teams that were set up for the way we we're playing, and would have likely played into our traps, like WBA did.

Yep - who knows what would have happened? It was an unwelcome run of fixtures, of course. The advantage that I think we'd had going into those fixtures would have been, as you say, confidence and an understanding of how we were expected to play. IIRC, our defence at the point of Eustace's departure was the second best statistically in the division at that point, and we can all agree that we looked so sloppy defensively at times in the last five games.

We'd conceded 11 goals in 11 games, I think, prior to Eustace being sacked, and have taken just 5 games since then to concede 11. That's not taking into account the quality of the sides that we played, obviously.
Make Blues Great Again
15:19, Tue 21 Nov
Tam
Doesn’t matter. The quality of the sides hasn’t been taken into account by a few 😁
Tony Fantastico
15:19, Tue 21 Nov
Rab knows the time of day when it comes to Blues
15:22, Tue 21 Nov
Lager o’clock.
Glug. Glug
Tony Fantastico
15:43, Tue 21 Nov
Rags

Most definitely not, I’m (genuinely) sorry to say.

You can hardly put Rab in the Rooney fan club (as you would have it) anyway, as he quite clearly said he wouldn’t be too bothered at this point in the club’s development if either of Eustace or Rooney stayed/went/came, before it happened - which happens to be the position of most people I believe, that having new owners with a desire to improve things is the key just now.

Some have gone quite a bit further than this daft Rooney campaign you’ve been conducting and extending it to a wider attack (or lack of support) for variously the CEO and the owners. I think most people depart at that point if they haven’t before.
16:02, Tue 21 Nov
Rags

You can hardly put Rab in the Rooney fan club (as you would have it) anyway, as he quite clearly said he wouldn’t be too bothered at this point in the club’s development if either of Eustace or Rooney stayed/went/came, before it happened - which happens to be the position of most people I believe, that having new owners with a desire to improve things is the key just now.

Some have gone quite a bit further than this daft Rooney campaign you’ve been conducting and extending it to a wider attack (or lack of support) for variously the CEO and the owners. I think most people depart at that point if they haven’t before.

Well apologies ... but i simply want what's best for Blues and thus far, as much as think Rooney is a decent bloke, and despite me really wanting him to be successful, i've seen nothing that shows me that he is a better manager, given equal resources, than Eustace.

... and what i DO see is people slagging off Eustace and NOT telling me why Rooney is the right choice.

So, apart from the fact that the owners can choose whoever they like to manage us (Rooney, Dean Smith, Rosie Jones) - which i agree with, tell me how Rooney is a better manager than Eustace.
16:11, Tue 21 Nov
Rags
Rags

Well apologies ... but i simply want what's best for Blues and thus far, as much as think Rooney is a decent bloke, and despite me really wanting him to be successful, i've seen nothing that shows me that he is a better manager, given equal resources, than Eustace.

... and what i DO see is people slagging off Eustace and NOT telling me why Rooney is the right choice.

So, apart from the fact that the owners can choose whoever they like to manage us (Rooney, Dean Smith, Rosie Jones) - which i agree with, tell me how Rooney is a better manager than Eustace.

I don't necessarily think Rooney is better than Eustace, but I think he offers something different. They're probably about the same level of manager based on their prior experience as of right now, but I think Rooney offers a potentially better pull for transfers (particularly with his coaching staff too), he's ambitious and has an attractive footballing system in mind that he wants to play to get his team winning matches, and I do think his playing experience also will have given him a different mindset and perspective.

It remains to be seen whether this will work, of course, but that's how I see it. Not necessarily a "better" manager, but certainly a different flavour of manager. Importantly I think he shares Eustace's best characteristic of being a good man manager and being well liked by the players, I think that's massive. If he wasn't like that, I think we'd be in much deeper trouble.
16:22, Tue 21 Nov
Rags
Rags

Sorry Rags, don’t want to play this game. It’s tedious.
18:12, Tue 21 Nov
newblue
Rags

I was also one of the few who said after the Hull game that him asking the players what style they wanted was a negative and huge red flag. But you apparently can’t be objective if you weren’t surprised Eustace got sacked. Place has gone barmy lately
Tony Fantastico
09:14, Thu 23 Nov
newblue
Rags
Rags

Sorry Rags, don’t want to play this game. It’s tedious.

But it hasn’t been done before.

Oh