14:53, Tue 21 Nov
Rags
Nikola Zigic
Under Eustace we'd have lost at Boro, beaten Hull, drawn at Southampton, beaten Ipswich and lost at Sunderland.
No chance

See, this is an example of the "excuse mentality" that many fans have fallen in to. They've invested so much emotionally into Rooney that they will go to the wildest ends of reasoning to continue to try and make things look good.

Usual tactics include "if you don't think Rooney is a good appointment then you're not a real fan", "any criticism of Rooney is criticism of the owners", "all the games have been really hard" ... ad infinitum.

I support Rooney ... but i do it out of faith, it isn't based on spurious arguments and i don't bend the truth to have that faith

Spot on
14:53, Tue 21 Nov
😂

Why is that opinion worth any less than your own ?
14:54, Tue 21 Nov
Finchy
Rags
Nikola Zigic
Under Eustace we'd have lost at Boro, beaten Hull, drawn at Southampton, beaten Ipswich and lost at Sunderland.
No chance

See, this is an example of the "excuse mentality" that many fans have fallen in to. They've invested so much emotionally into Rooney that they will go to the wildest ends of reasoning to continue to try and make things look good.

Usual tactics include "if you don't think Rooney is a good appointment then you're not a real fan", "any criticism of Rooney is criticism of the owners", "all the games have been really hard" ... ad infinitum.

I support Rooney ... but i do it out of faith, it isn't based on spurious arguments and i don't bend the truth to have that faith

Spot on
Quotes used. Prove them or it’s not spot on.
Whose usual tactic is it to say those things?
Tony Fantastico
14:56, Tue 21 Nov
Doing the Lord's work, Rab. Keep up the rational work.
14:56, Tue 21 Nov
I didn’t say anything about ‘definitely’, but those were tough games. I’m not surprised we lost the 3 away ones really and wouldn’t have been confident with however we set up in them.

Might have hoped for a couple of draws but would have been grateful for that. Hull was a disappointing result, as soon as we went behind the confidence seemed to drain out of the side.
14:57, Tue 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Finchy
I don't think you really believe that.
Trust me I do

Based on? The evidence of games prior to the sacking suggest you would be well off.
14:58, Tue 21 Nov
We’d have lost all 3 away games the way we set up under him and Ipswich. Maybe a draw against Hull

But the way Eustace would have set us up would have been ideal for those away games

4 at the back, Sunjic and Blielik in front of them as shields then 4 attackers as midfielders and strikers ... Bacuna. Stansfield, Dembele, Miyoshi .... supported by one full back overlapping
14:59, Tue 21 Nov
Rags
Nikola Zigic
No chance

One of the silver linings if Rooney goes is not having to put up with this mission Rags is on.
14:59, Tue 21 Nov
Probably would never have got out our own half
15:01, Tue 21 Nov
Finchy
Rab C Nesbitt
Finchy
Trust me I do

Based on? The evidence of games prior to the sacking suggest you would be well off.
depends which games you choose to look at and whether performances or just results matter to your evaluation
Tony Fantastico
15:01, Tue 21 Nov
Finchy
Trust me I do

To me this just proves that it doesn't matter how many matches you attend, if you don't understand what is in front of you then you may as well not comment. The stats in the Athletic article prove that we were more adventurous, more attacking, more progressive under Eustace than we have been under Rooney so far.

You bleated all last season about getting rid of Eustace and again every time we lost this season (went very quiet when we won) ... you were obviously just seeing things from a very blinkered and skewed point of view.

You were almost at the point of say "anyone would be better than Eustace" - well, i agree that some people may have been better than Eustace - but so far i've seen nothing to suggest that, given equal resources, Rooney is any better than Eustace
15:02, Tue 21 Nov
You’re in ignore. So unless someone quotes you I don’t see your post 😎
But keep on replying 👍
Tony Fantastico
15:04, Tue 21 Nov
You’re in ignore. So unless someone quotes you I don’t see your post 😎
But keep on replying 👍

Truth hurt ???
15:05, Tue 21 Nov
Nope. No idea. 😎😁
Life is grand
Tony Fantastico
15:09, Tue 21 Nov
Nope. No idea. 😎😁
Life is grand

So basically, you've made your mind up and you're so stubborn that you won't even listen to valid arguments against your views, you won't read the facts in The Athletic article and you are putting people on ignore for questioning your views ?