13:56, Tue 21 Nov
Why?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Under Eustace we'd have lost at Boro, beaten Hull, drawn at Southampton, beaten Ipswich and lost at Sunderland.

We would have gained nil points. We would have had several players suspended and every single member of the first team squad would have suffered a season ending injury. Fans would have revolted and destroyed the new seats. Wagner would have sold the club to Bassini for £22.75p

FACT.
14:04, Tue 21 Nov
We’d have lost all 3 away games the way we set up under him and Ipswich. Maybe a draw against Hull
Tony Fantastico
14:19, Tue 21 Nov
The two home games would’ve been 4 points minimum imo.

The away games definitely 0 though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:31, Tue 21 Nov
Ipswich haven’t lost away since January. We rode our luck a fair bit at home this season . Defeat for me
Tony Fantastico
14:33, Tue 21 Nov
It's all just guesswork innit, we we're buoyant, confident, coming off 2 wins and settled as a team with Dembele back fit and firing, so I'd have hoped/expected for a fair few points, especially given we were playing teams that were set up for the way we we're playing, and would have likely played into our traps, like WBA did.
Happy Clapper
14:44, Tue 21 Nov
Nonsense, we'd have 7 points minimum we were in form.
14:47, Tue 21 Nov
😂
Tony Fantastico
14:47, Tue 21 Nov
Le Mod
It's all just guesswork innit, we we're buoyant, confident, coming off 2 wins and settled as a team with Dembele back fit and firing, so I'd have hoped/expected for a fair few points, especially given we were playing teams that were set up for the way we we're playing, and would have likely played into our traps, like WBA did.

Like WBA did? They played us off the park until the dodgy pen and then we made the game scrappy. Saying 7 points from those games is pretty optimistic I’d say. Maybe 4.
14:48, Tue 21 Nov
I don't think you really believe that.
14:49, Tue 21 Nov
You believe 7 minimum? Ambitious
14:50, Tue 21 Nov
Absolutely, flying at home and could have easily seen us nick a point at Boro, we very nearly did with an atrocious performance.
14:51, Tue 21 Nov
Well yeah, we made the game scrappy and played on the break, the type of game Sunderland, Southampton, Hull and the likes probably wouldn't have liked

I never said 7 either, and it's complete guesswork anyway, but I must have seen this about 100 times now, "we deffo would have lot this under Eustace", it's amazing how many games we absolutely definitely would have lost given we only lost 3 in 11 and none when Dembele was fit to start.
Happy Clapper
14:52, Tue 21 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Under Eustace we'd have lost at Boro, beaten Hull, drawn at Southampton, beaten Ipswich and lost at Sunderland.
No chance

See, this is an example of the "excuse mentality" that many fans have fallen in to. They've invested so much emotionally into Rooney that they will go to the wildest ends of reasoning to continue to try and make things look good.

Usual tactics include "if you don't think Rooney is a good appointment then you're not a real fan", "any criticism of Rooney is criticism of the owners", "all the games have been really hard" ... ad infinitum.

I support Rooney ... but i do it out of faith, it isn't based on spurious arguments and i don't bend the truth to have that faith
14:53, Tue 21 Nov
Finchy
I don't think you really believe that.
Trust me I do
Tony Fantastico