13:42, Sun 19 Nov
Tam
Tam
Rab C Nesbitt
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m fine with it mate but I’m nuts. The journey has just started. My optimism is high

I’m surprised you’re fine with it, if we were still under TTA and they sacked JE for Rooney I think you’d be giving him a much harder time.
Isn’t the key that we’re not with TTA, hence me being fine. I’d have done anything to have these owners 9 months back. We’ve got them. I’m ecstatic and not judging Rooney on 5 games I thought we’d go winless in anyway.

Yes, that's it. The fact that we have these owners is cause for celebration. I'm not convinced that Rooney is right or even that the decision and it's timing was right, but if it's wrong, I have no doubt that it will be fixed. If it's right, well, we all win as well.

I totally agree with you there Tam 👍
Up the feckin Blues
13:43, Sun 19 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m fine with it mate but I’m nuts. The journey has just started. My optimism is high

I’m surprised you’re fine with it, if we were still under TTA and they sacked JE for Rooney I think you’d be giving him a much harder time.

There’s plenty on here who would be fine with it if Rooney got us relegated

Name one of the 'plenty' then.
Up the feckin Blues
13:44, Sun 19 Nov
See this is exactly my point. Posters offer valid criticism of the current owners and the responses almost always contains ‘but what about how it was under TTA!’
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:46, Sun 19 Nov
Peakyblue
It is factual that Blues were 6th - points were on the board.
They were last season in November. We finished 17th
Tony Fantastico
13:47, Sun 19 Nov
Super Hans
See this is exactly my point. Posters offer valid criticism of the current owners and the responses almost always contains ‘but what about how it was under TTA!’

Which is just as valid as you criticising. I'm not saying 'don't criticise' because no one is above that, but I would like to think people are criticising whilst also having a good grasp of the bigger picture. I'm not sure some are - especially when you read rubbish like some of us would be happy with relegation.
Up the feckin Blues
13:48, Sun 19 Nov
Oh Franky Franky
Give it a rest, please. Your relentless narrative is extremely tedious and has disrupted the forum to the extent that most of the usual contributors have gone into hiding.

I disagree and think that just like others, you want to silence anybody who is critical of the new owners and their decisions. I barely post on here in comparison with the majority, hence your claim is utterly ludicrous. It's tedious to read stuff from people acting as if they are a part of some cult where nobody can be critical of the glorious leaders and the only speech allowed is to praise and worship them, even when we're being embarrassed on the football pitch.

So much for “grown up conversation”
13:49, Sun 19 Nov
the very fact that there is a thread on this and many many more on the same subject suggests at the very least , there is a question to ask/answer .

we have all been suffering the same crap for years and saying that ,

who would have chosen to do things they way they have been done ? not very many of us i'm sure
13:52, Sun 19 Nov
QBBC2
Oh Franky Franky
Give it a rest, please. Your relentless narrative is extremely tedious and has disrupted the forum to the extent that most of the usual contributors have gone into hiding.

I disagree and think that just like others, you want to silence anybody who is critical of the new owners and their decisions. I barely post on here in comparison with the majority, hence your claim is utterly ludicrous. It's tedious to read stuff from people acting as if they are a part of some cult where nobody can be critical of the glorious leaders and the only speech allowed is to praise and worship them, even when we're being embarrassed on the football pitch.

So much for “grown up conversation”

WR is totally inventing a situation that doesn't exist. He'll be claiming that us cultists are trying to 'shut him down' or 'cancel' him next 🙄 valid criticism is not only fine, it's healthy and it's welcomed by me at least. The owners certainly have left themselves wide open with the handling of the sacking and who they appointed after.
Like you pointed out though - there 'ent half been some hyperbole flying around and has been since Rooneys' first game.
Up the feckin Blues
13:56, Sun 19 Nov
dork
the very fact that there is a thread on this and many many more on the same subject suggests at the very least , there is a question to ask/answer .

we have all been suffering the same crap for years and saying that ,

who would have chosen to do things they way they have been done ? not very many of us i'm sure
Not many on here have put an offer in for a club with 2 stands half closed. Then bought the club and fixed those stands within a few months. Are reportingly building a new stadium and have huge plans to transform the clubs profile and fortunes.
So I’ll trust them as things stand
Tony Fantastico
14:11, Sun 19 Nov
We can only have a grown up conversation when people stop using pejoratives, hyperbole and half-truths when putting their point across.

For example-
Saying the back room staff “aren’t very good” after 5 games, many of which they had limited input into due to them being so poor at their jobs that they’re trusted to coach in the national set up.
Calling the new owners “idiotic” and ignorant about the club/players and calling them out as poor business men who are relying on “blind ambition without a concrete, well-thought out plan”.

If you want a grown up conversation then converse like a grown up. Use facts. Stick to what’s known instead of what might/could happen.

"Stick to what’s known" ... yes - we were 6th when we sacked Eustace - fact
14:14, Sun 19 Nov
Super Hans

Which is a pretty valid if not totally comprehensive response. People should try and remember what it was like.

People can write any criticism that they want on here, in fact I’d say the criticisms are louder than the praise in respect to some things. It doesn’t make some criticism ‘right’, I would say it most certainly isn’t in terms of the capability of the new owners in respect to the poster you feel the need to defend. That plus as people constantly say (which is ignored) a lot of people think it’s far too early to arrive at definitive opinions.

Add in a dose of repetitive posting that is tedious (also shared by dear old ‘Bob’) and frankly it’s no wonder people respond in a ticked-off way.
14:14, Sun 19 Nov
You're not pinpointing any specific points (just chunks of my reply), so it would seem that you're saying amongst other things -

the backroom team weren't expensive
the public statements weren't very poorly thought-out (even though the sacking statement led to a follow up 'letter to supporters')
changing the footballing philosophy won't be expensive or difficult

I disagree.

You carry on WR .... don't be bullied by the Rooney groupies
14:21, Sun 19 Nov
I’ve not felt the need to defend any poster, BS62 quoted Rab responding to me.

Of course there are ridiculous complaints about the owners, we could have won all 5 of Rooney’s games 5-0 and some would find an issue with it. We haven’t though, the stats compared to JE are damning and when some posters point that out they get met with the ‘but TTA!’ response.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Tam
14:24, Sun 19 Nov
Super Hans

No, I don't think that it's 'but what about how it was under TTA!', it's more reflecting on that the new owners have the goodwill in the bank and the intention to make us into a proper club. I've said earlier that it's right IMO to criticise the things that should be criticised - after all, the fans are the customers and should have a voice - but I do think that we have to give consideration to just how much this new regime have done for the club in other areas, and the hope that they've given most of us for the future. If the old owners had overseen the situation with Eustace/Rooney, then I think a storm would have been unleashed in their direction.

As it, with me anyway, it's a disappointment and an 'oh!' moment, but not doubting for a second their vision of the future, even if the present circumstances are a bit jarring.
Make Blues Great Again
14:28, Sun 19 Nov
newblue
Super Hans

Which is a pretty valid if not totally comprehensive response. People should try and remember what it was like.

People can write any criticism that they want on here, in fact I’d say the criticisms are louder than the praise in respect to some things. It doesn’t make some criticism ‘right’, I would say it most certainly isn’t in terms of the capability of the new owners in respect to the poster you feel the need to defend. That plus as people constantly say (which is ignored) a lot of people think it’s far too early to arrive at definitive opinions.

Add in a dose of repetitive posting that is tedious (also shared by dear old ‘Bob’) and frankly it’s no wonder people respond in a ticked-off way.

I’m sorry I trigger you so much. Feel free to make use of the ignore facility xx

I’d not seen the stats the thread starter had shared so felt they were interesting

I don’t follow posters around moaning every time they post, but you do you