20:38, Wed 13 Dec
Rags
Personally i thought that was a lot better than recent weeks. At least there's some composure - some plan - some organisation/

I know that says very little considering how completely shite we've been for the best part of the previous 9 games - but it's a definite improvement

It looked organised

Shape was consistent at least

Cardiff first team weve played under Rooney who haven't looked really threatening which probably reflects our set up
Nice goal. Nice time to score. In summary ….nice!
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
20:38, Wed 13 Dec
Behave! Class counter attacking goal though.

We should be chuffed so far. Waz got the message across.

Transitional football .... SO much better than Progressive unless you have elite players
20:39, Wed 13 Dec
CastleBlue
I don't care how we are playing. Just win.

Hopefully that gives us something to hold on too n a spring in our step.

Need to start this half well for once n switch on.

Nah forget holding onto it!
This is where no fear football needs to be used.. we sit in we will mess it up, they have to come out even more so now to chase the game, so we need to be smart and ruthless on the transitions.
Apparently we’re playing in orange - or so the Cardiff commentators think 🙈
Llanon_joe
What a goal!!

Anyone feel an apology coming on for Bacuna?

You'll not see it ... same people every week, every match thread slagging him off - they only shut up when Longelo plays.

I don't know why they don't follow a different sport - they clearly don't understand this one.

People can slag him off all they want but he’s the only person in the team who can make something happen out of nowhere. I lyk him.
20:40, Wed 13 Dec
I agree. Don’t start the second half slow like normal, come out fighting and get a second goal if possible.
Nikola Zigic
I effing love Bacuna, for all his faults he's the only player on the pitch who would have done that.

So cool. He's what you wanna be when you play football as a kid.

Yep and that's why he's in the team. I love a player who tries stuff. Him & Dembele are the only ones we've got who are genuinely fun to watch.

They'll cock it up more often than not but it's fantastic when it comes off.

Up the Bacca.
BlueSteve
Great composure from Bacca.

felt like it took 21 seconds to settle in the net.
Yorkshireblue
Our play in the final third is still shit. No improvement since Rooney came in.

That’s about composure. Nothing to do with the manager. Apart from a 10 minute spell we played quite well that half to often though that but of quality is missing and the pass is wrong.

As I say every week we are a decent centre forward off a decent mid table top half team.
Some of our football is really composed. At times it’s just awful. I think the times when it’s good are getting more frequent. Sure, I’m not confident that we won’t concede, but there reslly are some signs that we’re improving.
20:41, Wed 13 Dec
Bacca was having a fairly poor game. James wasn’t massively involved and Dembele wasn’t making the right decisions for the final ball.

Until the 47 minute and it all came together!

Any sort of win would be a HUGE tonic. The no fear footy approach requires us not to shut up shop for 45 minutes.
20:42, Wed 13 Dec
NouCamp
Rags
Personally i thought that was a lot better than recent weeks. At least there's some composure - some plan - some organisation/

I know that says very little considering how completely shite we've been for the best part of the previous 9 games - but it's a definite improvement

It looked organised

Shape was consistent at least

Cardiff first team weve played under Rooney who haven't looked really threatening which probably reflects our set up

Definite improvement. Sunjic returning has really helped too. Really hope we can see this out - would do the team’s confidence a world of good.
I thought some of the comments on this thread were a bit unfair on Blues, we’ve done ok and knocked it about well. Didn’t really look like scoring, but we have.

Bacuna probably was our worst player though. I’ll be more than happy for him to play crap again second half and get another.
Falstaff
Some of our football is really composed. At times it’s just awful. I think the times when it’s good are getting more frequent. Sure, I’m not confident that we won’t concede, but there reslly are some signs that we’re improving.

yep definite improvement, hopefully get some confidence from it