20:43, Wed 13 Dec
I will say it was negligent beyond belief not to get a striker in the summer. I assume Gardner banked on Hogan having at least one purple patch which hasn’t materialised.
Something to build on
We do look a lot better set up this way. Everything just looks more stable.
20:44, Wed 13 Dec
A very Eustace-like performance so far. Look solid but without much threat going forward.

If we use the ball better on the break in the second half, we should be OK. Bacuna has wasted two or three good opportunities himself.
Bluenose27
I agree. Don’t start the second half slow like normal, come out fighting and get a second goal if possible.

Praying, PRAYING we start strongly and don’t capitulate.

We really need this today to give them a boost and a bit of belief.
Nikola Zigic
I effing love Bacuna, for all his faults he's the only player on the pitch who would have done that.

So cool. He's what you wanna be when you play football as a kid.

Yep and that's why he's in the team. I love a player who tries stuff. Him & Dembele are the only ones we've got who are genuinely fun to watch.

They'll cock it up more often than not but it's fantastic when it comes off.

Up the Bacca.

Which is why we need to play Sunjic and Bielik behind them (plus another if it's a 3) ....

We need a solid back 4 -
2 or 3 sat in front to break down anything and then the 3 or 4 up top who can take risks and engineer themselves a goal
20:45, Wed 13 Dec
Need to start the 2nd half fast.
IanT
BlueWire
Llanon_joe
What a goal!!

Anyone feel an apology coming on for Bacuna?

He's been shite apart from that....but then that's why he's playing in the lower half of the Championship.

I think you're missing the really important bit about Junior - he never hides. It means you see more mistakes, but then who else in this team could have done that, especially when they'd been "shite" up to then?
A very Eustace-like performance so far. Look solid but without much threat going forward.

If we use the ball better on the break in the second half, we should be OK. Bacuna has wasted two or three good opportunities himself.

I feel like you don't realise we've scored.
20:46, Wed 13 Dec
No resemblance to Fridays horror show. Organised, numbers in midfield, players look reasonably comfortable with what they are doing. Enjoyed it. Now keep going.
Bluemarc81
I mean we are keeping possession and knocking it about really well it cant be denied. Just no end product as usual.

Cardiff held the ball in their own half for over a minute in injury time. As soonas they hit it forward they lost it. It's not just us.
We do look a lot better set up this way. Everything just looks more stable.

It's what got us up to sixth (regardless of who the manger is/was)

Cooke and Wagner need to shut the eff up about football ..... "oh Gary i watched Arsenal on TV last night and they looked really good - can we do that please ... in fact not "please" ... "I INSIST"
Yeah I don't think anyone else in our squad would have scored from that chance. The ball was a bit too far in front of him so he couldn't hit it first time.
20:47, Wed 13 Dec
I thought you HATED it when people just make shit up? 🫣
20:47, Wed 13 Dec
7 points off the play offs