21:52, Wed 13 Dec
Boy.. a much needed win. Well done to the players, management and the fansšŸ‘šŸ‘

Easy really this football lark innit ..... play to your strengths, make sure every player knows his role, if yo don't concede you can't lose then take as many of the 3 or 4 chances you'll inevitably get a you can. Lets your attacking players take risks and have a solid cover behind them to break up the turnarounds
21:52, Wed 13 Dec
RELIEF is the word! - Let's build on this now pleaseeee
21:53, Wed 13 Dec
Aye. Its not rocket science isnā€™t it šŸ˜‚
Onel Hernandez
Back to basics - very similar to a JE performance but i think we had a bit more quality - we had some easy chances to score another

Use this as the foundation to EVOLVE the play and we can do great things.

It's taken him a while to get this style right but Wayne has finally mastered Eustball šŸ˜œ
Good result and performance, weirdly many of them will have better games - Bielik/Bacuna/Buchanan have all had better games for us.

Sunjic the MoM for me, he was everywhere, set the tone for others and played sensibly after the yellow card.
Radavis
Iā€™m reminded of the Zola win at Wolves where he kept playing the same tactics that hadnā€™t worked but somehow got a win.

The difference with this is that I think/hope Rooney has adapted a bit and realised thatā€™s what needs to be done until he has players to suit his system. I really hope this is a turning point. Iā€™m taking my girl to her first game against Brizzle and would love it to be pumping.

Shame itā€™s not at their place where we generally winā€¦
Formerly known as GuildfordBlueā€¦
21:54, Wed 13 Dec
James was the best player on the park, need to set up like this going forward it's the only way that suits the team.
21:56, Wed 13 Dec
sydneyblue
Radavis
Iā€™m reminded of the Zola win at Wolves where he kept playing the same tactics that hadnā€™t worked but somehow got a win.

The difference with this is that I think/hope Rooney has adapted a bit and realised thatā€™s what needs to be done until he has players to suit his system. I really hope this is a turning point. Iā€™m taking my girl to her first game against Brizzle and would love it to be pumping.

Shame itā€™s not at their place where we generally winā€¦

Canā€™t have her first game anywhere but the hollowed ground.
21:57, Wed 13 Dec
JJ's composure is a class above most of the squad - a real asset to how we want to play.

Dembele grew into the second half, hopefully get him purring again.

effing buzzing
21:59, Wed 13 Dec
Happy as feck with that. Sound all round performance and something to build on
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
22:00, Wed 13 Dec
Felix1875
Good result and performance, weirdly many of them will have better games - Bielik/Bacuna/Buchanan have all had better games for us.

Sunjic the MoM for me, he was everywhere, set the tone for others and played sensibly after the yellow card.

Yep, Sunjic for me, and really impressed by his restraint after getting the yellow. There was a moment in the second half when heā€™d sprinted up and got a shot away and then had to instantly sprint back and was absolutely blowing, which is prime 2nd yellow card territory but he held it back, told players to support him and jockied instead of diving in.

Thatā€™s a difficult skill to master, when fatigued. Buchanan was being outmuscled the entire first half and then their winger left his studs in and he got up and looked reborn, didnā€™t give him a sniff after that. No reckless/revenge challenge, just did his job a bit better. Again, think thatā€™s brilliant.

Christ I hate loving the Blues.
22:01, Wed 13 Dec
Just read the second half through. The slagging off of Beilik was odd. He was really good second half.

Much like all the slagging off of Bacuna first half it shows fans aren't really willing to give players a chance at times. They're going to make mistakes.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:05, Wed 13 Dec
Tbf Bacuna was very frustrating at times in the first half. Donā€™t get the Bielik slating though, thought he was very good next to Sunjic.
22:06, Wed 13 Dec
Oh special mentions for JJ what a player we have there and Mark Roberts solid as a rock again.
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
22:07, Wed 13 Dec
He was definitely miles better than Friday, but he was quite wasteful going forward. A number of times we could have got in behind, but he messed the pass up. It was the same under both managers, so something that needs working on.