22:07, Wed 13 Dec
Charcy
Just read the second half through. The slagging off of Beilik was odd. He was really good second half.

Much like all the slagging off of Bacuna first half it shows fans aren't really willing to give players a chance at times. They're going to make mistakes.

I don’t think that’s completely true, Bacuna was our weak link, but then scored in a Cantona style fashion.

Beilik, I get when his passes go astray, I’m just always amazed how he lumbers back when you see JJ and Sunjic overtake him. Maybe with all his injuries he just knows his limitations, which I get, mine limited me to keepy uppies and the 35th tier of football.
22:07, Wed 13 Dec
Charcy
Just read the second half through. The slagging off of Beilik was odd. He was really good second half.

Much like all the slagging off of Bacuna first half it shows fans aren't really willing to give players a chance at times. They're going to make mistakes.

What was wrong with Bielik's performance? I thought he was ok

Bacuna was a little wasteful in the first half but had a decent second half and of course got the winner - joint top scorer now, useful habit that scoring lark.

Bacuna only needs to keep it tight when we have been under the cosh for a bit and need some possession - then he should play the simple ball but otherwise, let him cook
22:09, Wed 13 Dec
Onel Hernandez
Charcy

What was wrong with Bielik's performance? I thought he was ok

Bacuna was a little wasteful in the first half but had a decent second half and of course got the winner - joint top scorer now, useful habit that scoring lark.

Bacuna only needs to keep it tight when we have been under the cosh for a bit and need some possession - then he should play the simple ball but otherwise, let him cook

Tbf he was referencing Bacuna’a first half performance, which wasn’t his best.
22:12, Wed 13 Dec
In both incidences I was pointing out that people were digging them out in the respective halves.

Both unfair.

With Bacuna you need to accept some of the possession loss for the moments of excellence. If he was always excellent he wouldn't be playing for us.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:13, Wed 13 Dec
The only criticism I have of Bielik was his final ball was lacking multiple times when Stansfield was in.

He had a much better game than Friday though, having 3 in midfield brings out the best in him.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
22:14, Wed 13 Dec
I thought the defence played superb tonight.
Well done lads 👏👏👏👏
22:17, Wed 13 Dec
Charcy
In both incidences I was pointing out that people were digging them out in the respective halves.

Both unfair.

With Bacuna you need to accept some of the possession loss for the moments of excellence. If he was always excellent he wouldn't be playing for us.

10000000%. If you have a team of ryan woods's you'll have loads of possession but never ever look dangerous. Rooney said himself that Bacca is his most creative player, we need him until we have an upgrade.
01:15, Thu 14 Dec
1 win. Let’s not get carried away.

Credit to the team and the manager.
06:29, Thu 14 Dec
This all day long, I just don’t get the stick that’s given to Bacuna, especially when he contributes to our cause with goals and assists.

I read in the match comments someone digging him out for taking 3 touches to score.

When you watch what he did it was brilliant but had he messed it up you can imagine the abuse coming his way.
07:53, Thu 14 Dec
Positives

Sunic
Roberts
Ruddy all had good games.
Biggest positive for me was that Burke was out of the squad !

Negatives

Bielick looks half the player he did at the start of the season.

A great result for for the supporters who travelled last night. They deserved that after the shit show against cov !
09:46, Thu 14 Dec
I think it’s easier to accept the things Bacuna does inconsistently when he’s playing higher up the pitch. When he’s trying random flicks and tricks in front of our own 18 yard box (either when he’s playing central midfield or at right back) it’s difficult not to be critical when it doesn’t pay off.

Also, he’s quite stroppy, again not such a worry in a forward player, but in central midfield it sets a bad tone for the rest. Compare him to Sunjic, Bacuna can do things with the ball which Sunjic can’t even dream of - but Sunjic has a mentality which Bacuna will never have.

For me, tonight confirmed that Bacuna should be considered for the two attacking midfield roles (with Miyoshi, Dembele & Anderson).