15:59, Fri 29 Dec
Lots did moan but I didn't, Norwich was the only bad one for me

You may be right about where we ended up (I think mid-table would have been decent) anyway) but we were definitely progressing from last season in terms of passing the ball etc, it was a nice trajectory.

It is what it is, hopefully he turns it around and if not, hopefully the next appointment is much better.

Correct - and the Rooney groupies seem to forget about some of the unfortunate things that cost us points - the sending off - the Bielik power header own goal etc etc etc
16:00, Fri 29 Dec
This is where I am with it. If Rooney fails, it’s a blip in a ten year journey. I have enough faith that Wagner won’t stand for much bullshit and will pull the trigger as and when required.

I think the stuff with Eustace is more nuanced than maybe has been put on here; I remember saying in July on Radio WM that I thought he’d be kept on a very short leash as he wasn’t their man.

The stuff about the social media impressions is just bullshit really, much like the buzzwords used in the first statement when Eustace went. It all smacks of Garry Cook and I suspect he will have been reminded social media impressions don’t put money in the bank or points on the board; at some point something tangible will need to happen or people are gonna get fired.
16:01, Fri 29 Dec
I'm not sure you can warrant removing the Beilik own goal from Eustace's record. Can do that stuff for everyone.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
16:02, Fri 29 Dec
Lots did moan but I didn't, Norwich was the only bad one for me

You may be right about where we ended up (I think mid-table would have been decent anyway) but we were definitely progressing from last season in terms of passing the ball etc, it was a nice trajectory.

It is what it is, hopefully he turns it around and if not, hopefully the next appointment is much better.

"it was a nice trajectory."

It was !! i had hoped for 12th to 14th and a season completely free from ever looking downwards before the season started.

On the trajectory we were on i had began to revise that to perhaps top ten
16:04, Fri 29 Dec
I'm not sure you can warrant removing the Beilik own goal from Eustace's record. Can do that stuff for everyone.

No you can't i agree ... but all i hear is ridiculous excuses being made for Rooney "the matches are hard", "the players don't like him" , "the players have suddenly become shit" ... so i thought i'd throw something equally dubious in from the other side.
16:08, Fri 29 Dec
PS .. please note .. i don't dislike Rooney at all, i really hope he does well, but he's had more matches with this squad than JE had and so far he's proven himself to be virtually inept.

JE may not have been the answer to take us back to the Premier League - but he's proven himself to be a much better manager than Rooney
16:21, Fri 29 Dec
Yep I agree with all of that and pretty much sits with how I feel. I’d take slight issue in a previous comment that I do think Rooney was thrown a bad list of games to start. Waiting till the following international break with easier games may have built confidence in him both from players but just as importantly fans if he’d started well but we’ll never know if that is true or not. I don’t think if I’m honest Garry Cook was as traumatised as much as much as many of us were by the whole Zola/Rowett debacle as much as he claims

On the subject of Cook I wonder how much his wings will be clipped after this. NSWE learned very quickly that their CEO having a cosy relationship with an ex top footballer in Gerard…… if Rooney was Cooks man, then my advice to Wagner et al going forward would be seek greater advice than your CEO
16:24, Fri 29 Dec
Yep I agree with all of that and pretty much sits with how I feel. I’d take slight issue in a previous comment that I do think Rooney was thrown a bad list of games to start. Waiting till the following international break with easier games may have built confidence in him both from players but just as importantly fans if he’d started well but we’ll never know if that is true or not. I don’t think if I’m honest Garry Cook was as traumatised as much as much as many of us were by the whole Zola/Rowett debacle as much as he claims

On the subject of Cook I wonder how much his wings will be clipped after this. NSWE learned very quickly that their CEO having a cosy relationship with an ex top footballer in Gerard…… if Rooney was Cooks man, then my advice to Wagner et al going forward would be seek greater advice than your CEO

Cook is by far the best CEO we can have at the club, - just need to keep him away from on-field matters that's all .... and this whole debacle has proven how right i was to have said that when he first rocked up
16:25, Fri 29 Dec
When Eustace was in charge i was ambivilant to him, when he got i was ambivilant. The one thing that Rooney has acheived is make me change my mind and rate Eustace.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
16:27, Fri 29 Dec
When Eustace was in charge i was ambivilant to him, when he got i was ambivilant. The one thing that Rooney has acheived is make me change my mind and rate Eustace.

That's actually a very honest thing for you to admit.

He had his limitations and had been slow to react to things sometimes - but he had definitely, as can be seem now, got the team over achieving
16:40, Fri 29 Dec
Rags

Cook is by far the best CEO we can have at the club, - just need to keep him away from on-field matters that's all .... and this whole debacle has proven how right i was to have said that when he first rocked up

Oh I agree I wasn’t referring to off field matters
17:54, Fri 29 Dec

That's actually a very honest thing for you to admit.

He had his limitations and had been slow to react to things sometimes - but he had definitely, as can be seem now, got the team over achieving

I’m the same about ol’ Villa John. Couldn’t care less either way when he was hired or sacked. I suppose my estimation of him has gone up slightly but I do not miss him at all.