20:47, Thu 28 Dec
Not if he then evolved and improves it in the summer when we have money to spend.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
20:54, Thu 28 Dec
Fair enough. I'd be very happy with Cooper. Forest is a basketcase and he came in and did very well.

I thought we'd be after more high press coaches in the bielsa mold, or maybe some manager that's doing it another league I don't even know of if we're serious about this style and philosophy.

Maybe just winning football is what we've realised we want, and style of play goes out the window again!

Ironically be begining of that article on Cooper you could argue is bang on where we are now. Trying to score and take it to teams without the personal!!
Tha Project OBE
Rab C Nesbitt
BLUENOSE B
bcfste
Don't think he plays the brand of football we want

He did at swansea.
And at Forest in this league

Yea wasnt sure about forest what syle he played, but either way he got one in playoffs and other promoted which is streets ahead of what Rooney has ever done.

Adapts as circumstances demand.

[theanalyst.com]

That is a good read
I’d like to see Wayne given more of a chance but if they have decided to let him go, they may as well do it today, so long as the new man has already been tapped and is ready to go. The fella will have a couple of weeks between league games to get the team ready, hopefully with injured players returning and a couple of new players.

I have no doubt that if that man is Cooper he would be pragmatic and park the fecking bus, then after a summer rebuild be a bit more thrusting.

Mark Warburton could be a dark horse, or some bugger we’ve never heard of that our data whizz kids have identified.
bcfste
Tha Project OBE
Rab C Nesbitt
BLUENOSE B
bcfste

He did at swansea.

Yea wasnt sure about forest what syle he played, but either way he got one in playoffs and other promoted which is streets ahead of what Rooney has ever done.

[theanalyst.com]

Look I'd be happy with Cooper, don't get me wrong.

But if we want a certain brand of football and Cooper comes in and sticks 11 men behind the ball and counters, because our squad isn't good enough to be playing a high line with centre midfielders that are quite slow. Is that what they want?

Just being devils advocate

Maybe this quick sharp shock
under WR has made them realise that the only style of football that counts in 'winning' football.

They are learning themselves afterall, so hopefully have consigned nonsense like spouting 'no fear' football to the bin
20:59, Thu 28 Dec
Harbsbleu
Madeira Blue
The only thing the sun prints that i believe is the date, oh and maybe the page numbers.

It is not every one’s cup of tea, especially those who worship the Guardian….but it is fun and I read the Sun and Daily fail back to front with enjoyment for the whole flight to warmer climes today.

I like reading fiction and if people get enjoyment from reading the sun then good luck to them. I have not in any way criticised anyone who reads that paper but I think even most people who read the sun have some scepticism about at least some of what is printed.
21:03, Thu 28 Dec
David Xavis
If we bring in Cooper for WR it will immediately restore all good will. Never mind the fact he would get us in the top ten this season. Outstanding manager
It would be an acceptance that they got it wrong of which we all know they did.
God knows we tried to tell them!!.
21:12, Thu 28 Dec
Madeira Blue
Harbsbleu
Madeira Blue
The only thing the sun prints that i believe is the date, oh and maybe the page numbers.

It is not every one’s cup of tea, especially those who worship the Guardian….but it is fun and I read the Sun and Daily fail back to front with enjoyment for the whole flight to warmer climes today.

I like reading fiction and if people get enjoyment from reading the sun then good luck to them. I have not in any way criticised anyone who reads that paper but I think even most people who read the sun have some scepticism about at least some of what is printed.

Football ‘gossip’ in the papers is mainly to stir the pot. Stuff like this is pretty much the most unreliable of stuff. I read but don’t ‘worship’ the Guardian, certainly not when it comes to Sport. Don’t really understand how people get enjoyment out of the Mail as it’s pretty nasty stuff they print. The Sun is pretty nasty too underneath the surface, which is basically just about presenting itself as a comic.

Do people read papers for ‘news’ about football? I’d think rarely.
21:15, Thu 28 Dec
If I want accurate, informed news, I look on here.
21:16, Thu 28 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Rab C Nesbitt
BLUENOSE B
bcfste

He did at swansea.

[theanalyst.com]

Bearing in mind the above discussion and the theanalyst.com article, I just saw a comment from a Spurs fan on BBC live feed while they are getting trounced 4-0 by Brighton - 'Spurs won't finish in the top eight if Ange arrogantly sticks to one way of playing. The very best teams are flexible and adaptable. Spurs are getting worked out pretty quickly by other teams already.' I tend to agree. I think the best managers/teams have a variety of styles and setups and they train in order to be able to somewhat utilise these styles whenever they are needed, whether that be for a whole game or within a period of a game. It might mean adjusting the position or intent of just a few of the key players in the team rather than the whole, but regardless, I think that it's a must for any manager/team looking to excel.
21:18, Thu 28 Dec
Do you really feel ill will with our owners for employing Rooney?

I think they have effed it up but the idea and the intention was right. I understand it. Wish it would have worked but is what it is. These owners walk on water for me.

I'd be delighted with Cooper proper manager. I'd be even more delighted if it worked out for Wazza can't see it anymore though unfortunately.
21:27, Thu 28 Dec
Tha Project OBE
If I want accurate, informed news, I look on here.

Better option than the tabloids
21:34, Thu 28 Dec
I know. Just look at the just see this thread if you want to know what’s really going on
08:57, Fri 29 Dec
Waggeh
Do you really feel ill will with our owners for employing Rooney?

I think they have effed it up but the idea and the intention was right. I understand it. Wish it would have worked but is what it is. These owners walk on water for me.

I'd be delighted with Cooper proper manager. I'd be even more delighted if it worked out for Wazza can't see it anymore though unfortunately.

I don’t but many do. I’m with you pal.
09:06, Fri 29 Dec
Cooper - gerrimin.
Up the feckin Blues