4. Joe Root
5. Jonny Bairstow
6. Ben Stokes (C)
7. Ben Foakes
8. Rehan Ahmed
9. Tom Hartley
10. Mark Wood
11. Jack Leach

seems a brave choice for Mark Wood to be the only seamer, hope they don’t overbowl him.

Unless Stokes has hoodwinked everyone and he’s fit to bowl
10:27, Wed 24 Jan
Are we going to get 20 wickets with that attack?
10:29, Wed 24 Jan
India will score 700.
10:30, Wed 24 Jan
India will probably play 3 spinners too,but theirs are established performers, we'll see,our batters are good against spin.
Great to see foakes back with the gloves.
10:32, Wed 24 Jan
Tarquin
India will score 700.

India’s batting is very bad. England’s bowling is bad. It’s going to be a series won on a least worse basis.
10:35, Wed 24 Jan
India's batting is bad? In India? I've not been paying much attention.
10:46, Wed 24 Jan
Shame Shoaib Bashir isn’t minding out over what seems to be politics
10:46, Wed 24 Jan
No Kholi

I’m worried about Wood being the only seemer, hard dry pitches and potentially hard outfields aren’t going to be good for his body
10:58, Wed 24 Jan
Its bad but pakistani lads taking longer to get visa’s for india isnt new

The ECB should have started the process earlier
11:17, Wed 24 Jan
Tbf they started it when they announced the squad didn’t they? That wasn’t until mid December.

You’d think they there’d be some sort of exemption/fast tracking for progressional sports.

Ahmed was ok apparently as he still his in place from the World Cup.

Just feels a shame for the lad to miss potentially a couple of tests.
11:18, Wed 24 Jan
yeah, and takes 6-8 weeks so was always going to be tight
11:27, Wed 24 Jan
Definitely risky only going with Mark Wood. i thought they'd go with 2 spinners and not play Hartley instead of another pace bowler, and use Root as the other spinner.

It does look a weak team but who knows, if England do try to play in the fearless way maybe we can apply pressure.

My main concern is out of that line up only Root and Foakes are any good against spin. And India's spinners are class.
11:43, Wed 24 Jan
Tarquin
India's batting is bad? In India? I've not been paying much attention.

Terrible in test matches.
11:45, Wed 24 Jan
It hasn't been amazing, agreed. But they will be far too string for that bowling line-up i think.
12:08, Wed 24 Jan
HackneyBlue
yeah, and takes 6-8 weeks so was always going to be tight

India apparently do this all the time with Pakistanis/people of Pakistani origin. Made it awkward for the Pakistani team during the World Cup (and particularly media people from there) and the only Australian cricketer to have any visa problems was Khawaja. Seems all a bit co-incidental and downright petty.