12:31, Sun 28 Jan
Hagley Blue
Cracking win. I’d genuinely never heard of Tom Hartley until 3 days ago.

Joe Root is due some runs as well so who knows what might happen in the next few tests. Should be good!

Him and Rehman have hardly played any first class cricket apart from white ball cricket.
My Blue Heaven
Test cricket is fantastic

The first three days shows up silly people

I genuinely think England will win this series.
12:44, Sun 28 Jan
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
My Blue Heaven

When i saw the line up i thought,effing hell but,that was a great performance. Hartleys come back after the first innings was astounding.I think we're in with a shout as well.
mad
12:44, Sun 28 Jan
Hagley Blue
Cracking win. I’d genuinely never heard of Tom Hartley until 3 days ago

Not many scouse accents in test cricket
Well sort of scouse he's out of Ormskirk CC
mad
12:45, Sun 28 Jan
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
My Blue Heaven

And onto the next one. I guess Leach and Wood will be rested? Although Wood didn't bowl that many overs
12:53, Sun 28 Jan
mad
mad
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
My Blue Heaven

And onto the next one. I guess Leach and Wood will be rested?

Jimmy will probably come in for Wood. I felt sorry for him today,he started getting some movement. I think,if fit,Leach should start due to the inexperience of Rehman and Hartley.
mad
13:00, Sun 28 Jan
According to Andy Zatzman only once previously have Australia and India lost a test match on the same day

14 January 1977, England beat India in Chennai, Pakistan beat Australia in Sydney.

I blame the county championship
13:06, Sun 28 Jan
mad
mad
According to Andy Zatzman only once previously have Australia and India lost a test match on the same day

14 January 1977, England beat India in Chennai, Pakistan beat Australia in Sydney.

I blame the county championship

The County Championship needs a complete revamp but,i don't know how they can improve it without getting rid of some counties.If i'm off work and the suns out,i will go and watch Warwickshire but,it's just to sit in the sun with a beer. The standard of Cricket isn't great.
mad
13:18, Sun 28 Jan
Totally disagree

Given all the sidelining of it the standard has held up remarkably

Better standard of overseas players in the CC last season (albeit for short spells) than they managed to procure for the 8 team crisp packet stuff
13:24, Sun 28 Jan
mad
I think the standard in the CC is good too. Lots of good young players coming through. It’s true very few watch it.
mad
13:35, Sun 28 Jan
newblue
I think the standard in the CC is good too. Lots of good young players coming through. It’s true very few watch it.

Move a couple of the April games into mid-July and that late September game into early August

You'd then avoid the farce at the start of last season where Taunton's outfield wasn't ready and the farce at the end of the season when they gave up on Edgbaston despite it not raining at all that day

Hartley and Rehan might well get some overs for their counties then. England won't be selecting both at home

Put cricket on when its cloudy, dark and bloody chilly you bet nobody is gonna turn up to perish in that - would be the same for the tiddlywinks formats you'd get a few more huddled for an hour or so but they'd not hang around or be expected to

Australia hasn't won a series in England for over twenty years. Maybe they too need to cut their first class to 4 teams, 6 obviously being far too many South Australia these days would struggle in our top division I reckon
20:40, Sun 28 Jan
mad
Read Shamar Joseph’s biography. It really is (almost) unbelievable.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
20:58, Sun 28 Jan
Same here, I actually don't think Indian's batting is that good and they tend to lose wickets in big clumps for few runs. Obviously Kohli will make a difference.
05:48, Mon 29 Jan
newblue
Read Shamar Joseph’s biography. It really is (almost) unbelievable.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
Thanks for this. It's wonderful!
KC
07:06, Mon 29 Jan
Brightens up a January Monday morning.