13:46, Mon 29 Jan
I honestly thought Lyle Taylor was decent for us.

Zigic is the best shout I've seen - managed to score a few important goals so I understand the 'cult hero' status, but he was poor for us generally.

Alen Halilovic was the one that sprung to mind for me, way over hyped by a lot of fans vs what he actually produced.
13:47, Mon 29 Jan
I’m not really one for hyperbole, but I do think Zigic slander should be a capital crime.
13:53, Mon 29 Jan
Lee novack was cack
13:55, Mon 29 Jan
Super Hans
When Tommy Wagner is signing proper midfielders people will see the light 😁

I'll be issuing a Fatwa against you
Happy Clapper
13:58, Mon 29 Jan
Le Mod
Crowley's a fair shout, I did rate him actually so maybe I fall into the overrated camp on that one, thought he was great when we passed the ball and then struggled once Clotet bottled it and went route one

In fact, if there was a manager version it would be Pep Clotet, I don't understand the love he gets at all, and the way he hangs around like a bad smell telling everyone he made Jude Bellingham in a lab in his garage winds me up
This 🤝
Tony Fantastico
14:00, Mon 29 Jan
HackneyBlue
Gleeson
Some one had to beat me to it. But yeah.
And sad as it is, Juke.
And Pedersen as well
Tony Fantastico
Dan
14:01, Mon 29 Jan
montypenguin
Surprised by some candidates, especially Jota, Colin and Pederson. They made a contribution, perhaps the problem was over-expectations by our own fans.

Also surprised no ones mentioned Cheik Ndoye (worst player I’ve ever seen in a Blues shirt) or Darren Ambrose? Both stole a living off the Blues

You've not read the question have you?
14:02, Mon 29 Jan
Super Hans
Plenty in here not understanding the assignment, Zigic is a good pick.

For a controversial one that’s always been a bug bear of mine I’ll go with Barry Ferguson. He was obviously a good player but the way fans look back on him is way OTT imo.
That has made me sad mate. You are better than that.
Tony Fantastico
14:07, Mon 29 Jan
So my answers by definition are based on there being some body of evidence that

a) we expected them to be good when they signed.
b) some would suggest still they are/were good for us

So here are my three, I am being controversial.

George Hall. Appreciate he has been beset by injuries yet when he has played there has been only the fleeting glances that he has something special. This one may come back to bite me and I hope it does

Riley McGree. We were gutted for ages he had left us but really was he just a faint positive in a sea of attacking midfielder mediocrity

Ravel Morrison. Three or so class performances in his season apart he didn't really pull up enough trees to warrant the almost annual debate of resigning him.
14:09, Mon 29 Jan
generalBlue
Super Hans
Plenty in here not understanding the assignment, Zigic is a good pick.

For a controversial one that’s always been a bug bear of mine I’ll go with Barry Ferguson. He was obviously a good player but the way fans look back on him is way OTT imo.

Sorry mate please use the appropriate Sir Barry Ferguson.
In my opinion that's possibly one of the most ridiculous assessments on this board ever.
His completed pass rate for us was incredible.
Won a major trophy and in the final carried on playing in spite of a broken rib.
You're gonna get slayed ! He was as good as I've seen.

Ferguson was one of the best players of that era. Certainly not overated. Helb on the other hand was a disgrace
14:17, Mon 29 Jan
Ferguson was superb for us could read the game so well.
14:18, Mon 29 Jan
Two names not mentioned so far are Scott Hogan and Demarai Gray.

Ok, Hogan joined us with a damaged reputation after failing at vile and Stoke. But he started with Blues like Gary Lineker, a proper fox in the box who couldn't stop scoring. This raised our expectations, only for him to do just that - stop scoring!

Demarai Gray was considered one of our crown jewels, but he scored 8 goals in 72 games for us, and 3 of those came in one game against Reading.
14:37, Mon 29 Jan
Bhx
Gezundheit
14:41, Mon 29 Jan
Only skimmed through the thread but Peter Levenkrands and Darren Ambrose come to mind from the early Carson era
14:44, Mon 29 Jan
A player who was quite highly rated when he arrived but did nothing except get injured during his brief time here.
Carl Jenkinson, thought he'd be good.
Seem to remember him getting injured first game, then doing very little afterward.